• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,376 Views, 19 Comments

The Return of Twilight Sparkle - Cameron Nightshade



Sunset Shimmer crosses the portal to bring Twilight Sparkle back into the human world for some much needed help. *If you have not seen Equestria Girls, you may not get some references*

  • ...
12
 19
 1,376

Another Visitor

“Twilight Sparkle, I’m so glad I found you. I ran into Rainbow Dash first, and she helped me get here. I really do not like this place. It’s to hard to walk. May I come on in?” Luna stumbled.

“O-of course…..” Twilight stared, inviting Princess Luna into the house. She followed her, but Sunset Shimmer pulled Twilight off to the side.

“What is she doing here?” Sunset hissed through her teeth. Sunset and Twilight looked over to Luna, who fell onto the couch.

“I don’t know, now let me find out,” Twilight slid out from the cell Sunset made with her arms. Twilight walked slowly over to Princess Luna, hoping she wouldn’t drag her back to the pony Equestria and not let her finish her duty. “So, uhm, Princess Luna… what brings you here tonight?” Twilight gulped.

“Well, I know that Celestia had closed the barrier, I was there when she did it. She could barely do it; she ran out crying and left for hours. She has barely been eating, and i’m so worried for my sister. I shouldn’t have opened the barrier, but the only reason I came through is to tell you why Celestia closed the portal on you,” Luna said, with sadness in her voice.

“Well then, what is it?” Twilight asked, hoping to find out what exactly made Princess Celestia close the portal on her student.

“When the portal is opened every 30 moons, guards are set to guard the portal. They make sure that nothing comes through. When Sunset Shimmer went through the first time, the guards left to check something out. Thats why she was able to get through unharmed. If the portal is open without a guard stationed at it, we can’t stop anything from coming through, or leaving. That is why she closed the portal on you. I have a feeling you got your magic to work, since I heard you scream, and Rainbow Dash saw you levitating a pillow, if I am to be correct,” Princess Luna noted. “When I go back through the portal, I will close it once more. Sunset Shimmer opened the portal, and can teach you how to do it yourself. I have taken over your duty of moving the stars until you return. Have a nice day, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer,” Luna stood up and stumbled out of the house.

Luna walked onto Canterlot High’s lawn. Taking a deep breath, she stepped through the portal, hoping that her sister wasn’t waiting for her on the other side. When she emerged from the portal, she was glad to see that Celestia was nowhere to be seen. She called on her magic, and closed the portal. Walking back to her room, she laid down on her dark purple bed, covered in stars. All she wanted was for Twilight to come back safely, and for her sister to start eating. Luna did not want to take over the position of moving the sun, the moon, and the stars. She had no clue how Celestia had managed to do that for 1,000 years while Luna/ Nightmare Moon was trapped on the moon all those years.

Luna shivered. She hated remembering that she had once tried to take over Equestria in total darkness. The fight between Luna and her sister was all she could think of on the moon. Even though she was mostly a mare called Nightmare Moon, she still had her old thoughts from before she turned evil. When she was released, Nightmare Moon had once more tried to take over Equestria.
*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Twilight rushed back upstairs to her room. She stepped over to her bed and sat down. Thinking about her magic, she levitated her pillow once more. The next half hour consisted of Twilight levitating objects of different sizes, and moving them to somewhere else in the room.

Sunset Shimmer walked up the stairs after getting herself a snack. She heard things moving over in Twilight’s room. “See Twilight? You got this,” Sunset Shimmer chuckled and she went over to her room. After a few minutes, Sunset wondered why Twilight didn’t practice flying.

“Twilight? Can I ask you a question?” Sunset Shimmer asked as she opened the door to Twilight’s room. Twilight dropped the cup she was levitating, and turned to Sunset Shimmer.

“Sure, what’s up?” Twilight asked. There was worry in her voice, and Sunset figured it was because she was afraid that Celestia didn’t like her anymore.

“I was just wondering, why don’t you practice flying? I mean, Fluttershy has been working really hard to be able to fly at all. Rainbow Dash, well she could always fly pretty well even from the time she first got her wings,” Sunset Shimmer commented.

Twilight looked at Sunset Shimmer. “Well, ever since I was made an alicorn, I wasn’t that interested in flying. I had always walked, so I figured that I would only fly if I really needed to. I’ve probably flown a few times these past 3 weeks or so, but pretty much I always walked everywhere I needed to go. Then again, I have been cooped up in the castle lately. Spike has been taking care of the library for me, and my owl has been sending me letters on how Spike is doing. I guess I should practice flying though,” Twilight said with determination. Even though Twilight looked happy, she missed Spike. She hadn’t seen him since the events of last time she was in the human world.

Twilight got up off the purple bed and stretched out her wings. Sunset Shimmer followed her onto the balcony. Sunset Shimmer knew what Twilight was gonna do, but was afraid that Twilight wouldn’t be able to take off, and she would break her leg on the ground or something else horrific. Twilight climbed onto the banister. Looking down, she realized just how far off the ground she really was and was scared. With a leap of faith, Twilight fell off the banister, flapped her wings, and flew. Sunset clapped her hands in praise for her friend. Twilight was amazed. She didn’t think that she would actually be able to fly so soon.

Author's Note:

This one is actually pretty long!! Yay! I'm gonna start updating every 3 days (if possible) that way I torture you with my cliffhangers!! Just kidding. I was asked to put more time between updates, so i'm gonna try my best :) The next chapter will be up by Saturday night! (My English teacher would kill me if he saw this, he hates exclaimation points, and only lets us use one per essay :P )