• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,376 Views, 19 Comments

The Return of Twilight Sparkle - Cameron Nightshade



Sunset Shimmer crosses the portal to bring Twilight Sparkle back into the human world for some much needed help. *If you have not seen Equestria Girls, you may not get some references*

  • ...
12
 19
 1,376

The First Day

Twilight Sparkle slowly stood up. She remembered how it felt to walk on legs, but it still felt very silly to do so. She looked around, and saw Sunset Shimmer standing up. Twilight had received her wings and her ears. She knew that when Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Applejack woke up that next morning, they would know that their friend had come back to this world.

“Hey Twilight, you can come and stay at my place tonight,” Sunset Shimmer checked her phone. “My parents left for Bali last night. Good to know they care about me. You know, they could have told me that they were leaving or something. But anyway, they won’t be back until the end of the month, so I have the house to myself,” Sunset remarked, closing her phone after reading the text from her mother.

Twilight nodded, a bad habit she had gotten after she had been made Princess Celestia’s student and was too afraid to talk to her. Sunset Shimmer and Twilight set off to Sunset’s house. Along the way, Sunset Shimmer told Twilight why she had brought her back to the human world.

“The day after you left, the other kids stayed away from me. The only one that would even approach me was Fluttershy, of all people. After a few days, her friends had welcomed me into their group. The other students weren’t as nice. They would still cower in fear when I pass them in the hallways. I thought that after you had left, and taught me the magic of friendship, the other kids would accept me for who I was. All it did was move them farther away from me. I brought you here that way you could try to tell them that I actually have changed, and want friends in my life; not just to rule a high school, and steal a crown from another world to take over that world with my own teenage army. I felt so bad for what I had done, I could barely leave my bedroom. I would do almost anything to undo what I had done. Well except the part of me getting the crown," Twilight glared at her. "If I hadn’t taken that crown, I would never know what friendship is like.” Sunset Shimmer said, trying to keep the tears from flowing down her face.

“It’s going to be alright, Sunset. I’ll try my best to help everyone see the new you.” Twilight hugged her.

The two girls walked up the porch to Sunset’s house. Twilight figured she wouldn’t get a lot of sleep that night, since she would probably end up doing more research on the human world. She also wanted to figure out how Sunset Shimmer had gotten her magical abilities in this world. No one had any horns, so how could they channel their magic? All Twilight knew was that she wasn’t looking forward to tomorrow at school, when Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy showed up with wings on their backs.

To her surpise, that night Twilight actually slept. She had forgotten how the portal took a toll on her energy level. She had fallen asleep on the computer, researching “How the human mind works”. Sunset Shimmer had to shake Twilight awake.

“Hey sleepy head, it’s time to go to school!” Sunset Shimmer said as she shook Twilight. Twilight looked up, and remembered that she was in this world, and not her own, after she called for Spike to make her a daffodil sandwich.

When Twilight and Sunset Shimmer entered school, they were immediately bombarded with Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

Rarity spoke first, in a rushed manner, “Twilight! You could have at least had Sunset Shimmer text me that you would be arriving today! I would have dressed for the occasion. I was shocked when I woke up and my hair was longer than normal.”

“I missed having wings! So how long are you gonna be here Twi’?” Rainbow Dash asked, hoping to have her here longer than a half an hour to have wings.

“I’m not completely sure girls. Sunset Shimmer crossed the portal to get me, and wanted me to help her not have so many people afraid of her. I just hope I can do it. The Princesses might worry soon, even though I left them a note.,” Twilight said, trying to keep her voice low.

The 7 girls walked into school; they promised to meet up at the front of the school during their passing periods. Twilight didn’t have a school schedule, since her doppelganger went to Maverick High School across town. She hoped she wouldn’t accidentally meet her when she was out and about.

After meeting up several times during the day, they met up after school at the cafe where Rarity had shown them her Wondercolts attire. They devised a plan to help Sunset Shimmer gain friends.


Over on the other side of the portal, the princesses had found out where Twilight had gone.

“Why would she leave on such short notice, to go to that world where she almost got killed?” Princess Celestia shrieked as she read the short note of Twilight’s.

“Dear sister, she probably had some manner she needed to attend to. You mustn’t be mad at her for doing her duties.” Princess Luna consoled.

“I don’t even know how to portal was opened. I must go there and find her. Then seal up that portal for good. Sunset Shimmer will never return here, and Twilight must never go there again.” Celestia hoped her plan would work. She had never been to that world, and had a very high possibility of meeting her other self.