• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 1,543 Views, 60 Comments

Fate is a Funny Old Thing - Steventheman



Three humans end up in Ponyville after a cross-dimensional boundary failure, and must adjust to life in Equestria.

  • ...
6
 60
 1,543

Enforced Disappearance

The five unicorn soldiers lined up against the door. Checking their leg mounted rifles, they nodded to each other. Looking up into the sky, they examined their watches. It was almost 6AM and the sun had not risen.

"Three...two...one!" the leader ordered, before pointing to the door. "Now!"

The soldiers rushed in. They secured the living room, before kicking down the guest bedroom door. Marisa pushed Reimu's arm off herself as she sat up in the bed, only for a soldier to punch her in the face and put plastic hoofcuffs on her wrists. She looked at the other soldiers arresting Flandre, Mobius One stood up and kicked Flandre's arresting soldier in the head, causing him to backflip into the wall head-first, before the others moved to attack. He positioned himself between the soldiers and Flandre, wildly lashing out at anypony threatening Flandre.

"Command said no kills!" the captain yelled.

"Can we make one excep-Oof!" a soldier yelled as Mobius punched the soldier in the face. The captain moved to engage him, and kicked him the knee, sending Mobius to the floor. He looked towards Flandre as a unicorn soldier picked her up with his magic and carried the screaming vampire outside. Mobius started thrashing at the girl's cries, trying to break free of the restraints on his wrists.

"Dammit, this one's pesky!" Mobius' arresting soldier grunted. "Stop moving!"

"Don't panic Hunter 3," the captain chuckled. "He'll shut up soon."

"I think it's that girl! Shut her up!"

"What, you're suggesting that these things feel love?" the captain replied. "We got briefed on these things. Highly dangerous invasive species. Tried attacking several soldiers, including Rapier Squadron."

"What did we do!?" Reimu screamed.

"You're all under arrest for treason. Princess' orders."

"But we didn't do anything!"

"It's not exactly our job to care," the captain told Reimu. "Control says that they also had a biped in the local jail. She's been transferred to us."

"What is all this noise!?" Rarity shouted, wearing her nightgown.

"These guys are terrorists."

"What?"

"Yep. Attacked several soldiers."

"But...they tried to save some soldiers!"

"I'm not paid to talk to you. Let's get these guys into the truck!"

The soldiers bundled the prisoners into the back of their truck, before turning around.

"Hey, where's Hunter 5?"

The soldiers re-entered the guest bedroom and turned the light on.

There was a large splat of blood on the wall, and an unconscious Royal Guard.

"Hunter 5 requires a medic!"


Marisa opened her eyes slowly. The bright light on the ceiling stung her eyes and only worsened the massive headache that made her head feel like an oni was pounding a hammer against it, as she turned her head around. She saw Reimu, Cirno and Mobius - Reimu and Cirno were sitting on a small bed on one side of the cell, and Mobius was sitting on the floor next to Marisa.

"Wow...great party last night!" Marisa slurred in confusion.

"It's not good, Marisa..." Reimu whispered. "We've been arrested for no reason."

"I thought the reason was treason?" Cirno corrected.

"Shut up, Cirno."

"I want my lawyer!" Cirno yelled out of the cell. "I am so going to tell the news about this!"

"Shut up!" a distant voice shouted back. "Damn biped."

Marisa sat up and rubbed her face. In the reflection of Cirno's wing, she noticed that she had a black eye.

"Where's Flandre?"

"Separate cell. Apparently, Mobius turned violent," Reimu explained, pointing at Mobius. "He didn't draw his 'sidearm' though. Which is good, because it means he might still have it if the soldiers didn't notice it."

"Sidearm?" Marisa asked.

"Flandre said that Mobius had a weapon for himself in the truck."

Mobius nodded to confirm the fact, and he pointed at his holster.

"It was totally awesome to watch!" Cirno said excitedly. "He knocked out seven soldiers before they got him down! One of them is in the hospital with a broken neck!"

"Why?"

"One of them yelled at Flandre," Cirno replied. "He flipped his lid."

"Reminder: Don't ever mess with Flandre Scarlet when Mobius One is in the room," Marisa joked. "Alright, so we can't blast the door; it might kill us in the explosion..."

"...This is why I waited," Reimu smiled.

The cellmates thought of their own plans, before a small purple tear appeared in the floor in front of them. From the tear, Yukari Yakumo floated upwards, standing on the hole.

"Yukari!" Reimu cheered. "You have no idea how pleased I am to see you!"

"Shut up," Yukari interrupted, in a voice not quite her own. "I've come to say goodbye."

"What!?" Marisa yelled.

"In a matter of hours, from this window here." Yukari explained, pointing at the barred window. "You will observe a lovely meteor event."

"Meteor event?!" Cirno asked angrily. Mobius just stared at Yukari.

"Yes...a meteor known as Gensokyo will crash into the center of Ponyville," Yukari laughed.

"Why?!" Reimu protested. The gap youkai had turned evil.

"Consider it vengeance, Hakurei," Yukari turned to the shrine maiden. "I believe your ancestors will be pleased to meet you."

"...No," Marisa whispered. She recognized the voice. "...Mima?"

"Ten points to my lovely minion!" Mima mocked, turning around to the angered witch. "My, Marisa. You've grown a lot since I last saw you. Of course, I didn't see you. You shot me in the back, you worthless coward."

"How did you escape the seal?" Reimu asked, watching Marisa seethe with anger. Cirno had said nothing. Mobius was simply listening to everything Mima was saying.

"Simple. You're simply not good at sealing things."

"Where did I fall into this!?" Cirno asked.

"Well, people had to go missing, no?" Mima explained. "I'll use simple words, fairy: People go missing. Flandre Scarlet go missing. Gensokyo scared. People no go out of house until too late."

"Don't you dare talk down to me," Cirno seethed. "I am Cirno!"

"Uh huh. Real cute," Mima mocked. "Well, if I were you, I'd ask your lovely hosts for popcorn."

"Why would you destroy two worlds!?"

"Well...you love Gensokyo, and this world is collateral damage," Mima explained. "Basically, Hakurei, because you're too stupid to get how a meteor works - A large bit of rock is going to impact this planet. The planet is going to explode. Meanwhile, the Outside World will be wondering why a giant crater appeared where a mountain range used to be. Your home and everyone you love will die. And Equestria has to explode too, but I can live with that."

With that, Mima turned to Marisa.

"It's a shame, my child. You bite the hand that feeds you, and expect not to get slapped. That was always your failure, Marisa. It's a shame, really; you were the only daughter I had."

Mima disappeared into the gap as it closed behind her, closely followed by Marisa's fist, which only punched the hard concrete floor.

"How did she learn how to use gaps!?" Reimu screamed in confusion.

"She must have possessed Yukari!" Marisa replied, shaking her hand in pain. "We gotta get out of here now!"

"I have an idea..." Cirno whispered. "Follow my lead."

Cirno jumped from her seat and grabbed Marisa. She began slapping the witch as hard as she can.

"Hey! What are you doing!? Hey, cut it out!" Marisa yelled. "You maniac!"

"Keep yelling! Nobody can hear you!" Cirno shouted, tilting her head towards the bars, continuing her assault. Mobius tried to pull the fairy off the witch, to no avail.

Reimu caught Cirno's plan and leaned against the bars. "Help! My cellmate's gone crazy!"

There were hoofsteps, and then a guard appeared. He fumbled for his keys before opening the door.

"Now!" Cirno ordered, freezing the guard's forelegs, before kicking him in the face. The guard's sunglasses flew off his face, in time to see Marisa's boot meeting his face. The guard's head slammed against the floor with a crack. He attempted to get up again, only for Mobius to punch him. The third strike slammed the guard's head to the floor a second time, knocking him out.

"Alright, he's down..." Marisa panted. "I don't see why I had to get physically beat though."

"I had to make it look convincing," Cirno replied. "Sorry about that, by the way. His legs should thaw...hopefully."

"What if they don't?"

"I hope that he remembers the 'two leg' jokes," Cirno laughed. "I love irony."

"...I think I have a newfound respect for you, Cirno," Marisa approved, taking the keys from the guard's belt. "Now we gotta find Flandre."

They heard a distant series of explosions. Reimu, Cirno, Marisa and Mobius walked out of the cell.

"High Security Inmate Scarlet, Flandre is escaping! She has engaged multiple security teams! Confirmed fatalities! Code Red! All security units prepare for Special Suppression Protocol One! This is not a drill! SSP One is active!"

"She's managed well enough on her own," Reimu noted. "Let's meet up with her."

"Where can we meet up?"

"Outside, maybe?" Cirno interjected. "And then we can fly out of here."

"Good idea...Except that we'll be wanted by the government..." Reimu worried.

"Then we gotta make sure that we get outta here quick!"

"Come on!" Cirno beckoned. "We need to follow the explosions."

"Or..." Marisa aimed her mini-Hakkero back towards the back of the cell. "Master Spark!"

The mini-Hakkero spewed forth the rainbow colored laser Marisa had come to trust with every one of life's problems. The shrine maiden, pilot and ice fairy covered their eyes while Marisa grinned with laser-induced glee. Whether it was a microwave meal that refused to cook evenly, or a battalion of hungry armored youkai, the Master Spark was always there as a Plan B. She adjusted her arms to deal with the magic recoil, as she could see the laser bypass the wall in a large explosion.

The laser died down, and Marisa blew smoke from the top of the little furnace, before replacing it back into her pocket.

"Do you ever solve problems without that?" Cirno asked.

"Nope!" Marisa smiled innocently. She looked around the dungeon corridor, before noticing a wet floor sign, and a bucket and mop. She walked over and picked up the mop to use as a broom. "Come on, let's see where we are."


"Run! Get back!" a soldier cried, firing her gun down the corridor, sprinting backwards as fast as she could move away from the deviously grinning vampire.

"Don't you, want to play with me?" Flandre sang. "You might think I'm crazy...But I just think I'm free!"

"Control, this is Grizzly 4! Requesting riot units! Passageway Seventeen!"

"We cannot spare any back up at the moment. Go after the target without additional assistance."

"Bollocks to that, Control! We're pulling out! We've lost seven ponies already!"


"Are we all here?" Reimu asked. She looked at Mobius waving.

"Aye!" Cirno responded.

"I'm here," Marisa sounded back. She turned towards the castle as she saw an explosion rip through the roof. "Woah! You reckon that's Flandre!?"

"Of course it is," Reimu smiled. "I hope we can reach her..."

Mobius focused as hard as he could.

Flandre...get above the castle! We're waiting for you over Ponyville!

Mobius then heard exactly what he didn't want to hear through his helmet.

"Rapier 1 on standby." a familiar male voice said calmly.

"Rapier 2 through 6 on standby!" a female voice announced.

"Rapier 7 on standby!" a young male voice shouted.

"Wonderbolt Spitfire on standby!" a harsh female voice announced.

"Wonderbolt Soarin, standing by." a casual male voice sounded

"Wonderbolt Fleetfoot, awaiting orders!" another female voice shouted.

Multiple enemy fighters incoming!

"Dammit," Reimu spat.

Leave Rapier 1 to me - he seems to be their leader. If I shoot him down, they'll break off before things get ugly!

"Okay, I'll try!" Reimu replied.

"Let's go!" Marisa ordered, tapping Mobius' shoulder.

"I'm ready!" Cirno bellowed. "Let them know that I am the strongest fairy who ever lived!"

"Preparations for battle are complete! Commence Operation Judgement Day! All Pegasi, follow Rapier 1!" the enemy AWACS ordered.

Author's Note:

You have NO IDEA how long I've wanted to write this next chapter.

And I'm really sorry about the delay. I've been busy recently.