• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 665 Views, 31 Comments

The New Pony - Arctic Wave



The new pegasi, Mon Ami, has a tendancy to lose her friends. But one stallion helps her out with these... "Issues"

  • ...
1
 31
 665

2

Today I'm meeting Taboo at his house. He gave me directions but I still don't understand where to go. It's only 8:00 am so I have time to read. I grab a new book from the shelf in my room called "Night Mare's". It's good, but it got banned from the library years ago. Once I'm done with the book, it's already 8:00 pm. I look up and notice two ponies sitting in the door way. Pinkie Pie and Taboo. After my ears go down, Pinkie leaves and Taboo gets up with his brows furrowed.

"Mona. Why didn't you come to your party? I was gonna have you come to my house first. What happened?" He asked me.

"I lost track of time!" I cry, with hot tears streaming down my face. "I read "Night Mare's" and since it's banned I chose to read it."

I look at him meaningfully. He tells me to follow him and I obey. 10 minutes later we are at Sweet Apple Acres.

"You need to meet somepony. He knows you already and he just, cares about your feelings. So just follow me," Taboo explains.

I follow him to the barn and stop dead in my tracks. I start backing up when a blue sparkly haze surrounds me.

"No way are you ditching again," Taboo tells me.

"Tab! I didn't ditch you! I got involved in my book!" I shout at him. "I can't tell you why I want to leave. It might hurt your feelings. Tabs, I can't say because I love you more than anything and I don't want to hurt you."

Then a blank questioning stare told me that I needed to explain. But I couldn't. I couldn't hurt him more than I already had today. But I was too late. Braeburn walked out of the barn.

"Mo? What are you doing here? Taboo told me his Mare Friend was having issues and needed some pony to talk to. I'm glad you moved back! Maybe we can hang out some more. I'm sorry our relationship didn't work out the first time," says Braeburn apologetically.

After Brae was done, I looked sadly at Tabs. His right eye was twitching so I decided to bolt. I flew faster than Rainbow Dash and made it to my room faster than a unicorn teleporting. I locked myself in and asked Musa to put unicorn powerless charms surrounding the main area. She accepted and did the spell which only she could undo with my permission. 20 minutes later, I hear Taboo pounding on the door.

"Mona let me in!" He shouted.

"No. I'm too embarrassed to," I tell him through the door.

"I'm coming in no matter what. You can't stop me. I love you Mona. I'm soo sorry about earlier. I was kinda not expecting that you went out with Brae. He's my closest dude friend. Please come out," Taboo tells me.

I didn't reply. I told him no and then there was nothing. He probably left. I then ask Musa to take the spell down throught the locked door. That was when Taboo popped into my room.

"Mona. Please talk to me. I love you no matter what," He says.

I still don't say anything. I get up slowly and walk out. I tell him I need to go for awhile and continue walking. I make my way to A.J.'s stand and ask her how she would feel if and ex-stallion friend met up with you after you got a new one. She told me just to dump both unless I loved one more than the other. Then date the one that has most of my love. I told her thanks and walked away and went to the park. I always have a book under my right wing so I started reading once I got to a bench far away from the main area. I love this book and I reread it every day, making sure I can actually quote something smart that the author wrote. It's called "Mare in the Moon" and it's a book that describes Luna's experience in the moon after she got out. Minutes later I fell asleep, having the worst nightmare in Equestria.

"Help!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "Help me! Please!"

"Child," says a voice that was familiar. "Come here. You are very safe when I am here."

"Luna? Luna where are you. Tell me where you are. Please," I ask.

"I am everywhere. Just come to where you feel safe," she says.

I walk towards a bush. With my eyes closed. Calmly. I only see Braeburn. I love him too but I have caused so much pain that I can't decide who I love the most. I keep walking and fall down the hole at the base where I saw a heart in my mind going down. Then I keep walking. I open my eyes and spot Luna and Celestia. They were with Brae. Celestia tells me to lay down by her and I do. Brae is by Luna and is looking at me nervously.

"Mo. Are you alive?" asks Brae.

"Are you kidding me? Why would you say something like that Brae? And yes I'm alive. Duh," I say sarcastically.

"Mon Ami. You need to wake up. You're asleep. We've helped you up to now. We will help you more but you need to wake up," says Tia.

I obey and open my eyes in the real world. I only see Brae in my vision.