• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 361 Views, 0 Comments

Dimensional Tourist - Oxyaction



Detective Nephilim is trapped in Equestria after a fight with a dimensional shunter goes wrong

  • ...
 0
 361

Accidental meetings part 3

--------Perspective: Celestia ------------

A few hours before
I walked through the corridors and arrived at the library. Heading straight for the mythology section i opened the first book "ancient beings and unexplained occurrences in alphabetical order". Flicking through to "H" she found a entry called "humanoid" that was roughly 4 pages long and got to reading.

" Humanoids are a bipedal creature with low intelligence. This creatures walk with a stoop so their hooves, or hands as they are more scientifically called, drag along the ground. These creatures are omnivorous and is said to of went extinct around 1250 years BCR." The next few pages on it were descriptions and when they were discovered and by who. Sighing i put the the book back and grabbed another one.

After an unknown amount of time I look up to the sound of one of the guards entering looking shamed " Your Majesty, I'm sorry to inform you but the creature has escaped and fled over the castles walls." Damn it, i think to myself, I knew I shouldn't of trusted a strange creature. A stray thought hit me

" Did any of your guards see him go over the wall?" I asked, remembering back to my filly days when i used to trick my little sister's hide and seek group by yelling out where i wasn't.

" Uhhhhh no Princess, but one of the guards said he heard somepony call out saying he was going over the wall." i knew it.

" Captain, did you think that maybe it was him who called out that warning?" he shook his head " Well then he is most likely still in the castle" The captain had the look of somepony who had suddenly realized he was tricked

"Of cause Your Majesty, i will get my guards to search the perimeter right away. Also you are 5 minutes late for setting the sun" The guard then saluted and left to go search the grounds. I looked up and realized that I've been here for at least 5 hours, no wonder why the human escaped. He probably thought she forgot about him. Teleporting to her raising tower she quickly set the sun and raised the moon before heading off to join the search.

-------- Perspective: Nephilim --------

I open the door to find myself in a library. Excellent, this should help me find out where I am, I think to myself as a start wondering around. The first thing I notice is that i have no clue how to read their language. The second thing i noticed is light clopping following me. I spin around quickly to catch them off guard only to see a purple blur. I walk slowly occasionally spinning around to try and find the stalker. After about 5 minutes of trying I decide to try a different approach, so I pick up the nearest book and start flicking through the pages, all the while looking around without moving my head. A few seconds later I notice this small purple filly poking her head around the corner of the shelf I'm standing at, she notices that I'm "reading" and proceeds to squat down with face close to the ground and her back arched up. She then looks at me funnily and starts crawling really slowly while staring at me intently. The filly is about knee high with a small horn on her head, her mane has a lighter shade of purple in it and her eyes where wide and with a purple iris. I turn the page of the book and she darts under the book shelf with practiced ease. Deciding it is high time i confront my stalker i walk slowly towards where she was hiding. Once i'm there i here her take a sharp breath inwards and i bend down onto my hands and knees looking underneath the book shelf. When my eyes made contact with hers she let out a growl similar to a kittens and leaped at me. I crawled back and let out a growl of my own. She growls back and gives me what is probably her scary face, which just looked like she smelt something bad. Finding it all too adorable for me I sit up and put my hands behind my head " I surrender, please don't hurt me" I say, putting on a scared face. She seems confused for a second then decided that she scared me into submission she says in a commanding voice

" good, what did you do to the princess, mister?" She begins pacing in front of me.

I decide to play along to her questioning. " I don't know miss, I came in here to find out more about where i am" She turned to me and proceeded to stare into my eyes, holding back the rising laughter. After awhile she stepped back seemingly happy with my answer. She took a deep breath in and nothing could of prepared me for what happened next.

"WHATAREYOU? WHATSYOURNAME? DOYOUHAVEACUTIEMARKYETIFSOWHATISIT? WHEREAREYOUFROM? doyoulikebooks? canyouread? haveyoumetprincessceletiayet?" she then took another breath and before she could bombard me with anymore questions I put my finger up for silence and she stares at me with intelligent eyes.

" I am a human, my name is Nephilim Serendipitous, what is a cutie mark? and i am from Earth. I like books but i cant read your language and yes, I have met Princess Celestia." I say, answering all of her questions " now, what is your name?" i ask politely.

She just looks at me stunned and says "What do you mean you like books but cant read? *GASP* maybe I can teach you? can I can I can I can I can I? please please pleeeeaaassseeeee?" She then proceeds to give me to biggest puppy eyes I've ever seen.

"Hmmmmm alright, one condition though, you tell about this planets history." I say, knowing that this little pony would be a wealth of knowledge.

Her mouth tightened then she nodded her head " Alright, my name is Twilight Sparkle but you can call me Miss Sparkle. Today I will teach you the ponyphabet."

------------ Perspective: Celestia ---------------


After an hour of searching and no sign of the human I decide to go back the library to check up on Twilight. Once I arrive at the door I hear talking inside the library, one of the voices belonging to her prized student and another one that sounds somewhat familiar yet foreign to her. Opening the door slowly and quietly poking her head through the gap she saw Twilight pacing in front of a very bemused human. Curious to see what they are up to I teleport myself behind the nearest bookshelf and start eavesdropping in their conversation.

"So this is the letter Y you draw it like so" I hear Twilight saying "Now don't be sad if you cant get draw it straight away, it took me ages to do...." Twilight suddenly stopped talking and just as i was about to jump out I hear the human say " Like so?" and Twilight growling.

"How did you learn it so quickly? that is so unfair. Are you cheating mister?" She says

"No, not at all. I've just had lots of experience learning new languages" the human replies

"How old are you anyway?" Twilight asks

"Well im about 143 years old, Im still young compared to my peers"

"woah, so your like Princess Celestia?" Twilight says

"Ummm i not sure, what do you mean by that?"

"Well Princess Celestia is over one thousand years old" Twilight says in a bragging voice.

"Wow that is old. Hey you wouldn't happen to know where the Princess would keep unique items would you?"

"Of cause I do, she keeps them." That is when I decided to interrupt. I step around the corner and do a little cough. Twilight spins around and gaps, before bowing.

"Princess Celestia."

" Hello Twilight it is good to see you helping our guest." I say, looking over at the detective. Who in response looks over at me like he is trying to decide what I will do to him.

"Hello Princess, so good to see you again. Hopefully you didn't mind me looking around the castle for abit, I was curious to know more about your society and this lovely little pony offered to help and after all, you did say I am a guest?" He asks with a smile. Oh he is good with words, I think to myself.

"Of cause you are a guest, although I don't think you are being all that honest with me, I've been through all the books and not once is humans mentioned, what exactly are you?" i ask, hoping i am right in my assumption that he lied about what he is.

"You are somewhat right, I am not exactly a human but a sorcerer or mage. But there is such things as humans." Nephilim says.

"So you can do magic? where is your horn?" Twilight pipes in.

"Yes I can do magic although I don't need a horn." He replies

"What type of magic?" I ask, causing him to hesitate for a second.

"Elemental magic, as in wind, fire, water and ground. Although we try not to use earth due to it's unpredictable results." He replies, sounding like he rehearsed this many times to a mirror. Decided it would be better to ask why he hesitated later I ask him another question.

"Can you show us?"

"Sure." He then clicked his fingers and set his hand on fire, causing Twilight to gasp.

" THAT IS SO COOL!" She exclaims, staring at his hand, which is now clear of flame, looking for any burn marks.

"How do you do that? Can you teach me?" Twilight says, giving him the puppy eyes she has used on me countless times, knowing how hard it is to resist, I decide to send Twilight away so I could talk to him in private.

"Twilight It is getting late, why don't you head home?" I say, getting her to pout a bit.

"Yes Princess" she says, heading out the door. When the door closed I heard the most dreadful sound. The sound of Twilight screaming in terror

"TWILIGHT!" I yell, running to the door.

Author's Note:

BCR= before celestia's rule