• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 880 Views, 16 Comments

Two of a kind - OrangeDJ



600 years ago a storm said to bring about the end of the poni-verse arrived , Only the being with the power to tame destruction could stop it, but even at her best, Celestia could only delay the storm, If she couldnt stop it Then who?

  • ...
15
 16
 880

Public enemy #1 . . .2 and 3

Flying was fun and all, it was the falling part that was annoying, my powers were beginning to respond to me, but only when i was about to die. My powers still wouldn't respond when I wanted them to, only when I needed them to.

"Hey , Dash?"

"Yea? What is it?"

" Before I came here, I met this dragon, chicken, lion . . .thing."

"You mean Discord?"

"I guess, he was kind of too busy making fun of how small and weak I was to tell me his name"

"That sounds like him, but why would you wanna even talk about someone like that?"

" I think he brought me here, or he did something to me, every time I've used my powers it felt like there was something stopping me."

"We usually try to avoid him kiddo, so finding him might be a little har-"

Our conversation was interrupted by me plummeting again, the fear hadn't passed, because if my powers had any kind of limit and Dash wasn't able to figure out that my powers weren't coming back . . .well you know where this is headed.

Instead of blue arms around me like I expected, or my powers coming back online one humanoid hand stretched out and grabbed me by the collar.

Blue smokeish fog rolled off the humanoid's arms, and i recognized him instantly

"Relax, I'm not gonna shoot you out of the sky . . again, in fact I'm actually here to help "

This guy shot me in the chest with a lightning bolt and sent me hurtling 20, 000ft into the ground ,left me for dead, and now he wants to say he's here to help? fuck him man, fuck him!

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU TRIED TO KILL ME A WEEK AGO, AND NEARLY SUCEEDED! WHY WOULD I LET YOU EVEN BREATHE THE SAME AIR I DO?!"

Crimson violet was all I saw, I was absolutely overcome with rage, Clouds were swirling around me, even Dash was caught up in the swirling of the clouds

"Because if you don't let me help you then you are going to keep hurting innocent ponies, and ultimately destroy Equestria"

That statement caused me to lose momentum, chances were if he was gonna try to kill me again he'd just have done it quickly and gotten it over with like before, besides if he wanted to kill me I probably couldn't stop him.


Clouds in the sky ceased to swirl around him, Rainbow dash easily caught herself once the cloud released the blue pony girl.

Our protaganist's luck however, was not so fortunate, in the sky, his cloud mishap had attracted the attention of a certain Alicorn with rainbow hair. Celestia herself was now heading to the scene of the disturbence.

"Sister! wait!" a familiar voice from a rather fair looking blue skinned Alicorn princess of the moon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a few minutes earlier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Celestia, you can't just lock him up like that"! " If he's getting stronger everyday what good will a dungeon do ?

The older sister turned to Luna, at first annoyed, then thinking, then finally resolved

" You're right Luna"

The younger sister sighed in releif

"Banishment to a far off star would solve our problems much better"

Twilight slapped her palm against her face, this was ridiculous. why was Celestia so high strung about getting rid of the human, he was, admittedly plain, but he didn't seem like a threat.

Amidst the bickering between the three about what should really be done as they heade back to twilights house, a swirling of dark clouds appeared, a vortex underneath it, it was good that it as nowhere near any residences or towns.

And we bet you can guess what happened after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is, is that . . CELESTIA?! Christ! Why the hell did she look so pissed at me? I hadnt done anything wrong, at least on purpose . This is right about when I'd high tail it outta here and go hide somewhere, unfortunately I was being held up by the collar and at the moment if this was a game my powers weren't in any type of mood to play co op.

Struggling wasnt my best bet, but I knew Dash was nearby, and I'd yell for her to catch me when . . .if I managed to get free. Maybe it was this guy that was nullifying my powers, I dont know, naked pony women, chicken bear dragons, and blue glowing humans? Nothing made much sense in this crazy world I'd been brought to.

"Let me go. . . ."

My captor seemed to be confused by my words

"Cant do that, your powers wont be coming back this time"

Well that's just dandy, I didn't really believe him, but if he really went through all the trouble of catching me and not letting me fall to my death, chances are he wasn't lying.
"Yea? so? You tried to kill me a week ago, why re you suddenly saving me now?"

"Because if you die while you're tainted you'll go nuclear and wipe out half of Equestria, even from up here, as much as I don't like it, I have to fix you, so these people wont di-."

"That's far enough you two! I've heard quite enough from the both of you, and now I can see you are both responsible for this chaotic mess. I should have known, no one person could be that powerful."

Twilight and Luna were trailing up to her, the younger sister looking very annoyed, and Twilight looking very worried.

"W-Wait Princess, we are trying to prevent any future destruction! According to the only other human I've ever seen here, somethings wrong with my powers, its messing with my abilities to control them!"

Celestia didn't seem to budge emotionally, she looked angry at us both, like we had offed her pet bunny or something.

" Banishment sounds like a much better alternative . . . "

Despite Twilight's pleas , and Luna's calling to her sister trying to get her to regain her senses it was painfully obvious where this conversation was going. Even the guy who had been so calm and suave was looking a bit worried now, I didnt even have time to gather my thoughts for what happened next.

"Find Discord . . . get him to undo whatever he did to you . . ."

"What are you two-"

Those were the last actual words i heard from anyone for a while

Shhhhzzzzkkk!

A portal opened up behind my back sucking me into a void of blindingly white light, it noodle-ified me, yet I didn't die like I would have in a black hole.

Tumbling backwards, for a really long time, and an even longer time, maybe this was that guy's plan. Stage all that to imprison me in a void forever? If it was he was pretty smart about it, because I never saw it coming. Now I was doomed to float for the rest of my natural life, or forever if this portal kept me in stasis.

seconds turned to minutes, and minutes into hours. WAS I REALLY GOING TO BE IN HERE FOREVER?!?!

"No" a voice rang out, yet i couldn't see where it was coming from. Maybe i was imagining things, I was floating in a void it should have been visible.

"You aren't crazy either"

I searched with my eyes as i tumbled backwards

"Then where are you?!"

"Simple, I'm inside you"

A young girl, no more than 16 appeared on top of me, standing on my chest , at least i was on my back floating instead of tumbling now.

"I . . .can't really talk much longer, only to tell you that you wont find discord so easilly, or . . .*cough* reason with him when you finally do. . ."

"Why whats wro-" Then I finally noticed it when i examined the girl more closely her skin was an almost pale white, and her hair and eyes were a bright fiery red, but around her neck . . . Around her neck was some sort of purple glowing collar, and it seemed to be choking her.

She looked almost ready to tear up, one eye wincing in pain, I tried to arch my back up to take the collar off her, but she pushed me back and warned me "Don't". However the look she gave me was of pity, not for herself but for me, like she felt truly sad for me.

" When you find Discord, you'll have to outsmart him without using your power . . .*cough* I know you can, after all-"

A small shimmer and she faded in the middle of talking, like a program being deleted.

Within an instant I was lying in a field somewhere, I turned my head to survey my surroundings . . .grass lots of grass, some hills, ooooooh even some dirt.

I really was in the middle of nowhere, looking up straight at the sky tole me it was still noon, "Okay . . . I know I was floating for at least 3 hours, and yet the sun is still in the middle of the sky . . . whats going on ? I'm tired of getting tossed around by fate like some cheap rag doll, When I find Discord, he was answering my questions.

I had reached my 3rd hill, and that's when I heard a groan of pain, lying in the grass was a rather tough looking pegasus, I was kind of intimidated just from looking at the pony , though from the angle it was laying, and my distance, I couldn't tell if it was a mare, or a stallion.

From what I could see it had yellowish skin with short hair . short . . fiery hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Meanwhile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sister be reasonable!" Luna cried out to Celestia

"What would you have me do Luna? Let him go?! they are obviously working together, you heard them, and you saw him help the boy escape!"

"Maybe we ALL need to calm down . Mr . . uhhhmmm-"

"Cassius. my name is Cassius" He said, finishing the nervous mares sentence.

"Right then Mr.Cassius!" Twilight said as she perked up "We'll need you to come with us, any and all details of what is going on can be discussed and we'll proceed from there sound fair?"

Cassius slowly nodded his head his eyes traveling from Celestia's glare, to Luna's gaze which almost screamed "I am so sorry" and finally back to twilight.

"Alright, that seems fair, with one condition . . ."

The three arrived in the middle of Applejack's farm, tired, irratated, stressed, but each of them eager to have this over and done with.

"so . . ." Luna beckoned to cassius

"So what? You haven't asked me any questions."

"Lets start with how you got here" Said twilight, who really looked like she was a referee between luna and celestia.

"Portals. in my world I was just an average everyday person, no powers, no flying."

Then Celestia interrupted him
"So go back. Why don't you use your powers to make a portal back to your world and send both of yourselves back?"

Next to her Luna threw in her own opinion of the way Celestia was behaving toward Cassius

"You're being rude Celestia, he doesn't have to go anywhere. . .could you please explain to her, and the rest of us what is going on now?"

With a snap from his fingers a blue mist appears in the air, images of our main character exploding in one large nuclear blast, decimating Equestria, half would be wiped out in the blast, the other would be poisoned by radiation.

"THAT'S why I'm here, If you locked him up or attempted to banish him his powers would counteract yours or explode, or he'd wait in a cell like a ticking bomb until he finally destroyed everything, and he still wouldn't be dead. At least until his powers aren't bottled up anymore, after that he isn't my concern"

He looks on the ground and plops himself there, slightly tired

"I'm stuck here, forever, with no way back despite my most powerful abilities. I cant get back, and I'll be here until the end of my natural life."

Twilight asked him urgently

"Why cant you, if you were a normal person in your world, then cant they use their power to bring you back?"

Cassius laughed, and twilight stared at him, confused by his laughter Celestia looked irritated, par usual lately, and Luna looked concerned.

"In my world we are all the equivalent of earth ponies on your world, no magic, no abilities, nothing. Whats more you all exist in my world too, and you're all famous. In my world you are all moving picture images with voices provided by others or a "cartoon"."

Twilights mouth gaped open when he reaffirmed what the other human had told her

"See?! Celestia I had always told you there were alternate worlds, and there world has a sort of warped mirror that lets them peer into other universe but not completely, just like how i imagine a universe of people like him but who flew inside machines or crawled up wall-"

"ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE ! !" Celestia hollered "Twilight these are stories and nothing more! these newcomers have obviously indoctrinated you!"

With Celestia angry and yelling Cassius instinctively backed away slowly, sensing the danger.

A red aura an to envelop Celestia, almost like fire, and the tint of her skin was hanging too.

As logic and reason began to fade Luna picked up her voice, tired of being pushed around by her sister she pushed back, quite literally, shoving her sister over. When Celestia retaliated it was by no means physical , she sent a beam of solar energy right at Luna, There was a flash of light, a yell , and then another flash of light. and where Luna had been, was nothing but scorched earth.