• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 930 Views, 6 Comments

Framwinkle's Random Writings - Framwinkle



A collection of random pieces too small to be stories by themselves.

  • ...
1
 6
 930

Terminology

It was an average afternoon inside Twilight's tree in Ponyville. Lyra had come to visit again. She liked to talk with Spike, mostly, of course, because he had something she wanted: fingers. He was more than happy to get the attention, since Twilight spent most of her time either ignoring him while reading, or ordering him around. But Lyra hung on his every word, and squeed with delight when he would do something for her using his dexterous claws.

"Wow!" Lyra gasped as he demonstrated how he could do something else with ease that would give a pony fits. "That's so handy!"

"I know, right?" Spike said in reply.

Twilight, who had been upstairs reading, had just come down to find something to drink, and overheard them. "Wait. Handy? What do you mean?" she asked, perplexed.

Lyra had to laugh inwardly. Twilight, for all her smarts, just wasn't up on the terminology. "Um," she thought, trying to find a way to explain it to her. "You know, like useful in a timely manner!"

"Oh!" Twilight laughed as a light dawned in her head. "You mean horny!"

Spike and Lyra both broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

"Bwahaha! Unicorns!" Spike guffawed.

"I know, right?" Lyra responded. "...Hey, wait!"

Author's Note:

This is actually a comic idea I had, but since I'll probably never have time to make it into an actual comic, you get this instead.