• Published 7th Sep 2013
  • 662 Views, 18 Comments

Foxfire's Tail II: A Fleeting Dreamscape - Dragonborne Fox



A short story about an alicorn's suffering.

  • ...
6
 18
 662

Chapter II- Revelations

"I fear she is starting to lose her sanity," Luna sighed, "and it is because of the nightmares. I sincerely wish I could fix this mess."

"I fear something is stirring." Celestia scoffed as she turned to Foxfire. "Tell us what thou hast seen."

Foxfire began trembling, tears welling in her eyes. "I-In my nightmares?" She asked.

Celestia nodded.

Foxfire gulped, her eyes shrinking. "I saw cultist ponies...."

"Cultist ponies?" Asked the sisters.

Foxfire nodded. "They had odd daggers and...sick decorations. Horns and wings of changelings were worn on their hoods like ornaments on Hearth's Warming Eve!"

Celestia's face went aghast with shock. She seemed to glare at the fallen queen, yet in reality she immediately knew something was wrong and it had to do with Foxfire.

"Did they do anything to you?" Luna asked in place of Celestia.

"They killed me to overthrow your kingdom!" Foxfire suddenly yelled before she slumped down crying. The mute drone once more clutched her in his forelegs.

"The nightmares hit her hardest, sister. She can barely sleep." Luna explained.

"I understand." Celestia said with a nod, "Perhaps we need to find the cultists she speaks of and interrogate them."

"That won't be easy." Luna snapped, "The prisoners we spoke with did say the cultists in question ignored everypony else except for those in their ranks, or so they say judging by their observation."

"Guard! Bring Discord at once!" Celestia bellowed.

"Yes, your majesty!" Replied the guard as he ran out the door.

A few minutes later, the draconequus appeared. He was confused, to say the least.

"Why is Foxy crying?" Discord asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're going to discuss that." Luna sighed as she magically lulled her student to sleep. "She really needs all the help she can get now."

Foxfire was fast asleep, dreaming a good dream for once thanks to Luna and her nighty-night spells. She occasionally twitched a hoof or wing, maybe mumble in her sleep about a fillet of fish or some other meat. Other than that, she was in a deep sleep. The mute drone covered her with a nice, warm quilt and already had a bed at the ready specifically for this occasion. He stroked her mane and kept her from rolling off the bed, making sure to touch her as little as possible because the slightest thing could wake her up. Who knows for how long she'd sleep, and all she needed was a dark room.

Luna went and rambled on about the things and the dreams and all that other good stuff.

The drone yawned.

Luna kept rambling.

The drone was drinking cups of coffee now. He wondered how Discord didn't fall asleep.

The drone was about ready to fall asleep when Discord fully understood the situation at hoof--or in his case, claw.

"There is simply no way she had been through all of that!" Yelped the draconequus in shock.

"I personally beg to differ," Celestia scorned.

The drone wheeled Foxy out of the room, and Luna went with. Looked like Sun-butt was gonna bitch at Discord, and who was to blame her?