• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 583 Views, 3 Comments

Dragonflower - The Dashie



Spike has it all made, but is it right?

  • ...
17
 3
 583

Prologue

"Now, my little dragon, I will tell you the story that many have heard, but none have forgotten."

I was sitting around, doing nothing. It was just Vakim and I, lazing around, and doing nothing. We weren't in a relationship yet. We were just really good friends. Luna and I had only been in Veros for a few days, so I guess that would be expected, though she herself seemed to take a liking to me. I, of course, felt the same. My guess was that the only reason we weren't in a relationship was because we didn't know how to go about saying our feelings. To be honest, when I was with her, I felt like just getting on one knee and asking her to be my wife, she was that potent. She was the only dragon I had met that was my age. I had met young dragons before, but they were all older than me and they were...not as understanding with my backgrounds as Vakim was. When we first met, it was really awkward. From what she had said, she was considered ugly. I didn't know how to deal with that, as she further explained that, apperently, a dragon's beauty is measure by how terrifying they look. Long story short, she was more enticing than intimidating, so she was labeled as unfit to be a mate. It seemed like when I had told her she was beautiful, it was the first time anyone had said it to her. Her parents might have said it out of pity, but I was the first stranger to show kindness to her in terms of courtship. At the moment, however, it didn't seem like courtship.

It was later on in the day that Luna had come to where we were. She seemed urgent about talking to us, or me to be realistic.

"Hey Luna. What's wrong?"

"Spike, we need to go." At that point, I was a little hurt. Vakim's parents had given us a place to stay, food to eat...kinda, and had given us protection from the other dragons. Why would we need to leave.

"Uh, Luna? No disrespect, but where in the name Tartarus would we go?"

"To the time where we belong."

"Luna, you're joking. Do you know what will happen if we go to the past? We will be killed! You might just get banished again, but if I go back, my head is guaranteed to be on a platter. I don't know about you, but I like it here. I get to hang out with this wonderful dragon everyday. I get to be my own dragon here. Why go back to that hell of place I once called home?"

"Because we need to revive the Elements of Harmony."

"Them? They will kill me if we bring them back, if Celestia and her mighty magic hasn't done so already. Maybe not the others, as they were just mad that I killed Twilight, but Twilight herself will lose her shit. I practically soiled her name in front of everypony, not to mention her friends. I am sure you can do this on your own, so I must say no."

"Spike, your friend can come to."

"Ok let's roll." I was ready to go. That is until Vakim spoke up.

"Wait. Don't I get a say in this?"

"Of course. We wouldn't be the princess we are if we didn't allow equality. What troubles you?"

"My parents. They might say no. In fact, they will say no."

"Not if I can help it. Wait here."

"Spike, wait." I was already gone before she could stop me. When I had returned a few minutes later, their eyes were filled with concern. Vakim was first to speak.

"Spike, what happened? What'd they say? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. They said you could go."

"Really? How'd you convince them to let me go?"

"I told them I'd marry you." After she blushed maliciously, we packed into the TARDIS to begin what was, for me, an adventure to remember.

We were all huddled inside TARDIS, just wondering how we were going to make it work like last time. It seemed to have a mind of it's own, so talking to it might get it to work. "Umm, TARDIS? We would like to go back to the time we were in a few days ago. Please...do that, I guess." Nothing happened. "Please?" When the thing in the center of the TARDIS started moving, I was really starting to believe I would never understand Time Lord logic. "Yes! Thank you, TARDIS!" Luna and I knew what to do by holding the bar near the center. Vakim, however, only knew to hold onto me. Both our blushes ensued, as did Luna's affectionate smile. "Shut up, Luna."

We eventually stopped, which was both good and bad. It was good because I could then begin to regain feeling in my arm, but it was bad, as the loving grasp was now over. Such is the irony, but anyway. When everything was settled and done, it was Vakim that decided to break the calm.

"It's done? All done. No more weird movement or noises, right?"

"Well for now."

"Okay, good. Well, if you guys don't mind, I'm to go out and loo..." She didnt finish because as she went to open the door...it opened for her. The big catch was it came with somepony, or in this case, somebody with it.

"Oh. Ello. Who's this lovely young lady, as if I didn't already know?"

"Doctor? What are you doing in Canterlot? Where are the humans? Actually, a simple question would be...WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" I was very confused by the sudden apperance of the Doctor, but what happen next both confused me, and...terrified me more than I could ever describe.

"You, my former subject, will clean up your mess or you will be executed." My confusion only ensued, as Luna confused us all.

"Yes. That is why we are here, sister. Spike, his friend who shall be called Vakim, and I will be setting to fix Spike's "mistake."

I said what was only possible at that moment. "Meep."

Author's Note:

Well here ya go. The prologue to the next story of Spike's adventures. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did typing it. Thanks for reading and Long Live The Dragon.