• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 3,209 Views, 11 Comments

Princess Celestia's son - 103AKC



Blue Tune is a young Alicorn with Princess Celestia as his mom. He has had a perfect life... at least until Princess Luna had returned from being imprisoned on the moon. Now, Blue Tune is questioning even his mom to learn the truth, even if it hurts.

  • ...
11
 11
 3,209

Welcome home

“.........ow, my head” finally waking up, Blue Tune managed to sit himself up from where he landed. “What happened?” The dazed alicorn asked himself while rubbing his eyes awake, “First minute, I’m flying around the castle, the next….ugh, that stupid light blinded m…...WAIT WHAT?!”. As soon as his eyes had readjusted, he had realized what had caused him to go blind and crash.

The sun had finally risen; Equestria was no longer in darkness. “Wait, if the sun is up, then that means Nightmare Moon has been defeated, and if Nightmare Moon is defeated, then that means….”

“Why, good morning Blue Tune, I see you are enjoying yourself quite well.” a soft, all-too-familiar voice spoke behind the prince.

Turning around slowly, Blue Tune looked behind him to see who was talking to him. Once he had turned completely around, all he could see was a large pony standing in front of him. Her glowing white coat, shining with the sun, brought a regal look to the alicorn that was presented before the confused prince, who had a slight smile. Her multicolored mane flowed with beauty, and glistened with the radiant sun.

Just looking at the pony in front of him brought tears to Blue Tune’s eyes. “Oh my stars….” Blue Tune said, barely audible. “......mom?” he asked

At the sound of that word, Princess Celestia trotted up towards her son, and without a moments hesitation, threw her forelegs around him, giving him a tight, loving embrace. “Oh Blue Tune, my son. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…”. Celestia said, wrapping her wings around the young alicorn. “I knew I should have told you about what was going to happen, about Nightmare Moon, but I didn’t want you to get worried…”. Celestia couldn't continue, as tears also started to come out.

“Mom…..I….I….” Blue Tune didn’t know what to say. All he could do was wrap his forelegs around his mom, returning the embrace.

After what seemed like an eternity, the mother and son ended their embrace. “I know you must be angry at me, but you must understand why I didn’t want you to accompany me to the summer-sun celebration” Princess Celestia finally spoke, “After being locked up for so long, the last thing I wanted Nightmare Moon to know was that I had a son.”

“Yea, because clearly, I can’t take care of myself” Blue Tune muttered, his mood quickly changing, as he and Celestia began their walk back to the castle.
“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Celestia asked, even though she perfectly knew what he had said, “Listen, Blue Tune, if there's something bothering you, you can tell me.”

The young alicorn sighed, “Look mom, I know you're only doing what you think is best for me, but you don’t always have to treat me like a baby. I can take care of myself, you know”

Celestia was shocked at hearing him say that. Even though she was busy with her royal responsibilities, she still took took time for her son, and she knew he would never speak his mind like that. Does he really think I still treat him like a foal? Celestia wondered. After a moment of silence, Celestia spoke, ”I see….. but tell me, why do you think that is so?”

Now, he was angry. “Well, for one thing, you didn’t tell me about what was going to happen in Ponyville. Second, you never let me leave the castle by myself” Blue Tune stated.

“I thought we made it clear that leaving you behind was for your safety. Also, you know that you can’t leave the castle without an escort” Celestia countered her son’s argument.

“But that’s not fair, Cadence can leave the castle anytime she wants, with or without an escort”

“that’s because I can trust Cadence to take care of herself”

She did not just say that Blue Tune thought angrily. “Oh I see, so you trust your neice more than you trust your own son. See, this is what I mean about how you still treat me like a foal”

“AND A FOAL YOU ARE!!!!” Celestia snapped. “Before I left to Ponyville, what did I say, ‘don’t cause any trouble, listen to what the guards have to tell you, and don’t go outside’”. Explain to me why I have been getting reports, directly from Shining Armor, about how you interrupted an emergency meeting, yelled and threatened the captain, and how you snuck out of the castle to, if my assumptions are correct, fly to Ponyville and deal with the situation yourself. So yes, I still treat you like a foal, because you are irresponsible.” Celestia finished, clearly regaining whatever control she had left.

Blue Tune just stood there, taking it all in. Celestia had never yelled at him like that, mostly because she had never needed to. Blue Tune almost never got in trouble. The only time he got in so much trouble was when he overslept and missed his music lessons…..three times in a row. That led to a small lecture, and an apology to the music instructor. But this, this wasn’t going to end so easily.

And Celestia is about to make it worse.

“.....Your father would be very disappointed in you”

That caught the alicorn’s attention, and it relit his anger. “Well that’s a start. You know, if you're going to mention dad like that, then why don’t you tell me what happened to him.”

“.......you know what happened to him.” Celestia spoke, but with a sad tone. “He died. For you, for me. For our protection. That’s what happened.” Celestia really wished he could just drop the topic, and stop asking about his father.

“......You're lying” Blue Tune said coldly. “Tell me what really happened to him”. Clearly, Blue Tune wasn’t about to let the topic go, not until he got what he wanted. “I’m tired of you lying to me about dad. Whatever you said happened to him didn’t really happen. I’m 16 years old, whatever happened to dad, I can handle it. NOW WHY CAN’T YOU TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?”

“HE DIED, THAT’S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. THAT HE DIED FOR OUR PROTECTION. NOW STOP ASKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.” Celestia snapped once again. She was so close to losing it, but she managed to calm herself before she did lose control “This conversation is over. Not only did you disobey me, but you disrespect me and Shining Armor as well. I am very disappointed in you Blue Tune. Until further notice, you are grounded. I want you to go up to your room, and I want you to write an apology letter to Shining Armor. Don’t even think about coming down until you learn to act like a mature stallion. Is that understood?”

“I don’t believe you. When are you going to stop treating me like a foal?” Blue Tune said, coldly.



“I hate you”



Without another word, Blue Tune teleported from where he was standing. Oblivious of his mom’s reaction to his words.

Celestia stood there, letting those last few words replay in her mind. She was speechless, shocked, and felt as if someone had ripped her very heart out of her chest. Tail dragging on the floor, head down, and heart broken, Celestia began the long, slow walk to her bedchambers.

Author's Note:

1st) I am really really sorry for not publishing the next chapter in so long.
2nd) I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, the ending might have not been so good, but I couldn't think of anything else.
3rd) I would like to thank my friend Luna Elite for helping me out with this chapter, even with the little things.