• Published 16th Dec 2013
  • 798 Views, 8 Comments

Day to Live - FALG



Rainbow Dash takes part in her first professional race, in a hell that not everyone have conquered. Against her, race the Blue Blur and F1 current champion, will she be part of those who conquered the track?

  • ...
21
 8
 798

The Fastest of All

Racing, such a wonderful sport, but not an innocent one.

It is unknown its true origins, but there is no place in the world that hasn't had a race in it's whole history. On foot, automotives, and so on. Racing is a very broad subject, but like anything else, it has its standouts.

Standouts like the jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, gold medalist in Athletism in the Olympic Games from 2008 to 2012. Or the french cyclists Jacques Anquetil and Bernard Hinault in their Tour de France. Or danish driver Tom Kristensen for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Or the Formula 1 champions Giuseppe Farina, Juan Manuel Fangio, Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, and of course, Michael Schumacher.

As you can see, racing, almost takes part in our daily lives. Therefore, it is not without difficulty to avoid its importance.

Since this sport's purpose is to prove the fastest in a race, they always created regulations for each category, in order to maintain the chances of winning for everyone, and to prevent any accident that may occur. But what happens if it comes a time in which the racing universe, throws away the rules and everything else, just to see who's the fastest of all? This story is what happens.

First, there was the team every racing fan should know, their sponsor was able to co-create the fastest car in the world, without refraining to any kind of rule or regulation. The hybrid between two significant faces of racing, the sports prototype and the Formula 1. Behind the wheel of the X2010, racing for the Red Bull Racing team, current F1 world champion: Sebastian Vettel.

Second, the team many nostalgic videogamers should know about, filled with talking animals of all sorts, and their sponsor being not other than their sworn enemy (because he's the only one with the money to build all the stuff that tried to kill them in the first place). Their chief a two-tailed fox, and their racer his best friend. Running for the Egg-Racer team, the Blue Blur: Sonic the Hedgehog.

And last but not least, a surprise newcomer, who rose to fame three years ago with her group of friends. They all follow a very important position in the team, and this was the best chance to make themselves a name in the world besides their show, which indeed had an unexpected group of fans. Their sponsor is one of the most experienced flying squads in their world, which the pilot is actually member of. The chief was the brain between her friends, and without her, they wouldn't have saved the day more than once. Racing for the Prancing Pony team, powered by the Wonderbolts: none other than Rainbow Dash.

It was first decided that the captain of the Wonderbolts should race, but she declined the offer and recommended Rainbow to fill in for her. The young mare could not believe she was invited to race, after her idol personally recommended her. Compared to that, her performance on the royal wedding "was just a knick-knack", she said.

She prepared and trained to her fullest, to be faster than she ever was before. But despite its name, this race was not for just pure speed; it was for experience, strategy, endurance, and timing.

Today, it would be decided who was "The Fastest of All".