• Published 20th Aug 2013
  • 1,073 Views, 7 Comments

Pony POV Series Gaiden Side Story - Gusty - Godzillawolf



During the Pony POV Series' 7 Dreams/Nightmares Gaiden, we saw from the POV of the G2 Mane 7...but what about from the OTHER end of the coin? This is the perspective of Gusty, a G1 Unicorn.

  • ...
3
 7
 1,073

Gusty

Pony POV Series
7 Dreams/Nightmares Gaiden Side Story
Gusty

Hey, my name’s Gusty. I’m a unicorn, talents wind magic. I’ve always been pretty good at it, but…well.

Ok, I’ll admit it, sometimes I got in trouble a lot in the old days. Got slimed by the smooze and turned into a complete jerk…ok, a bigger jerk, got captured by Porcina’s bird men, got turned to stone by Crunch…

Ok, yes, I did tell Wind Whistler she didn’t have any feelings, Megan already told me I hurt her feelings…I guess I really found out what it was like to be emotionless. Wind Whistler says other ways that you can be petrified, like Porcina’s cloak, puts you in a ‘pleasant, peaceful, zen-like state where you are unified with the universe.’ That might have been the case for the others when they got turned to glass, but…Ugh, when he turned me to stone it was just like…I couldn’t feel. At all…So yeah, I suppose maybe that was karma biting me in the flank…

Kind of like how those fuzzy things swapped our personalities. I ended up with Shady’s cowardness. I guess that was more karma on my part, since I was always making calling her a coward, then I got turned into one…Seriously, why is life so dang ironic?!

Yeah, I admit I can be kind of a jerk to those two, but I’m just being honest with them, or thought I was. Shady could have more backbone about her and Wind Whistler could stop letting logic tell her what to do. I mean was it logical for me and Button to stay behind and hold off Crunch? No, but it bought them time to get to the Heart Stone! Just because I can be a bit harsh doesn’t mean I don’t care about my friends. If I was would I have stood up to Crunch?

But credit where it’s do, Shady’s helped a lot, especially when Grogar comes back each time…

Anyway, after sending him back to where he came from the last time, things where quiet for awhile…until Patch found us. I like Patch. I was starting to think the ponies had lost interest in discovering new things and would never find us, then along comes this explorer who’s just excited to meet us. That’s the kind of pony I wish we could see more of, someone brave who takes things in stride.

Then she call her friends over. And half of them faint seeing us, while the other half stared at us in shock. Seriously, have Earth Ponies really become that sheltered?

They were nice, I guess, which was a pleasant surprised, given no one‘s found us in a long time. Still, Sweetheart’s a bit too soft for my tastes, though I give her credit for coming out here while pregnant, that takes guts. Melody’s cool, but she seems a bit lazy. I think Bonbon eats too much, but she seems nice. Starlight’s cool, but a bit plain. Bright Eyes…she’s another Wind Whistler through and through. Scratch that, she’s a bit worse. She had an emotional breakdown just seeing us, at least Wind Whistler can handle stuff like Tirek and Grogar existing.

Then there’s Clover. I didn’t think much of her at first, she didn’t really stand out…until she straight up asked Twilight if she knew any spells for dancing. She didn’t beat around the bush, she didn’t breakdown seeing magic was real, she instantly wanted to know about magic.

I wanted to talk to her earlier, but I had to foalsit Bright Eyes while she had her breakdown, but finally, I got a chance to talk to her.

“Your name is Clover, right?” I asked, trotting over to her after she’d finished talking with Shady.

“Yes, that’s me,” she said, us sitting down in Posey’s garden. “You’re…Gusty, right?”

“Glad you remembered my name,” I replied, trying to keep my voice friendly…ok, I’ll admit it, I wanted something else out of this, but hey, we hadn’t had any new ponies here for a long time and I’m still a pony. So I was trying hard not to come off as a ‘jerk.’ “My special talent is wind magic.”

She nodded quickly. “…Could I maybe see it again?”

I nodded and lowered my head, giving her a light breeze with my magic.

After a couple seconds of letting it blow on her, she looked rather amazed. “I know after all this I should be used to this…but it’s a lot to take in, you know? That magic is real.”

“Geeze, what is it with you Earth Ponies? Earth Ponies have magic!” I let slip out. Then covered my mouth.

“…What do you mean? I’ve been told that a few times but no one has really explained it.”

I had to rub my head a little. “To be honest, I don’t know much about it, just that Earth Ponies have magic that lets them grow stuff better. Posey would be the best to ask…if you can get her to talk. She’s a wallflower. But you seem to get along with Shady…”

“Yeah…She said you’re a brave pony.”

I couldn’t tell if she was trying to be nice or guilt trip me. “…Look, I like Shady, she’s my friend, it’s just she’s really cowardly.”

Clover gave a small chuckle. “You remind me of Bright Eyes,” she admitted. “She can be a bit harsh, but she’s still our friend…”

I blinked in surprise. “…Really?”

She gave a nod. “Maybe you two would get along.”

It surprised me a bit, it really did, to hear Clover tell me that somepony I’d thought was just another Wind Whistler had something in common with me. I don’t know, I guess I thought Bright Eyes would be all logical like her.

“Maybe…So…you’re a dancer, right?” I asked, looking to her