• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 964 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Enigman: The Silver Hope - Kamen Writer



An alien hero and an ordinary pegasus join forces to vanquish the evil Galactic Beasts!

  • ...
0
 8
 964

Episode 1: My Name is Rocket Blaze!

Episode 1: My Name is Rocket Blaze!

It was a dark and normal night in Ponyville, and all were sound asleep. One certain pegasus, however, had a dream that is worth telling. This is what he saw.


Rocket Blaze opened his eyes. A moment ago, he felt an explosion that turned all of Ponyville into rubble. He looked around and saw unmoving bodies of ponies he knew. In the horizon, he saw a red glow. He tried to go nearer to get a closer look, but bolts of energy struck the ground around him. He looked at the glow again, and this time saw four unknown figures. From their dark, towering silhouettes their eyes glowed bloody red. With these traits, Rocket Blaze knew they weren't there to help.

Again, he forced his body to move, and this time he got to stand up. But the giants were nearer now, and their vicious claws and fangs were ready to rip him apart. Rocket couldn't move away, and braced himself for the end.

Suddenly, another giant appeared before him. This one was a silver humanoid, as large as the others, but was protecting him from the others. The silver giant stood up and shoot a ray of golden light at the four titans, who were blasted to nothingness.

But a gigantic, black ring appeared in the sky, and a hand emerged from its center. Slowly, it reached out towards Rocket Blaze and the giant...


"Rocket? ROCKET! WAKE UP, YOU-! I'll be late for school...AGAIN!!!" Overdrive yelled at his sleeping older brother. Rocket Blaze sprang out of the bed, hit the ceiling, and fell back onto the bed. He rubbed his head with his right hoof and looked at Overdrive.

"What is it?" Rocket asked, "It's not even...5:30...?"

Frustrated, Overdrive walked to the window position at the wall in front of the bed and pulled away the curtains. Bright beams of light seared Rocket Blaze's eyes. "Wanna bet?" Overdrive added as he watched his brother covering his eyes in agony.


Rocket Blaze, after a quick bath and a small bowl of cereal, Rocket finally finished Overdrive's lunch. With that made, he picked up his little brother and his school bag and headed for the school.

"We've got twenty minutes! It'll take us thirty if we walk!" Overdrive yelled, kicking his brother.

Rocket shook off his sibling and held him with his mouth. "If you won't stop beating me up and yelling at me, maybe I'll be much faster." he said with a muffled voice. Rocket dashed forward, becoming faster with each passing gallop until...


ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Overdrive's eyes opened a little, but all he can see are lines, as if he was in the cockpit of some ship traveling at light-speed. Overdrive tried to open his mouth, but when he did, he observed a few things: he was already at the playground, he was still being held by Rocket Blaze who was standing, and all of the kids and even Cheerilee were looking at them with a stunned look. After a few awkward seconds, Rocket dropped Overdrive. He gave the colt his bag and rubbed his head with one of his front hooves.

"Have fun, bro." Rocket told Overdrive with a wink, then he zoomed back to their home. The kids were staring at the cloud trail while Overdrive headed for the building to put down his stuff.


Rocket Blaze hurriedly opened his work shop. It had this quaint, plain facade and had a sign with "Rocket Blaze: Locksmith, Repair-pony, and Tinker" written on it. The business had enough customers to make Rocket and Overdrive survive each day, and it was relatively easy for Rocket.

Today, Rocket was tasked with repairing the Apple family's old grandfather clock, a video game machine from Button, one of Pinkie Pie's automated musical instruments, and a wind up toy from Thunderlane, whom Rocket is friends with. These were easy fixes, and Rocket found himself with nothing to do at 4:27 in the afternoon. With no potential customers in sight, Rocket took out a box of a project of his own: a robot model kit. A few minutes after putting together plastic bits, Rocket looked up to the sky and noticed this small thing descending rapidly. Rocket placed down the parts into the box and headed out to the open. The strange object crashed a few blocks away, and what emerged was...

"One of the giants from the dream?!" Rocket thought out loud as he beheld a giant, gray humanoid with red markings on its legs and blades for hands. The giant looked around at the royal guards that rushed to neutralize it, and zapped them with energy beams, immediately frying them. The titan stood up to its full height, about thrice the size of a house. It strode towards the Golden Oaks Library and roared continuously. If the presence of a giant alien wasn't enough, something else descended from the heavens. It was a blue, giant humanoid machine with beast heads for hands. The robot blocked the alien's path to the library, just in time as Twilight Sparkle, Spike, and the rest of the Mane 6 to emerge from it.

"What...is that thing?!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Well," Spike said, "obviously, the blue thing is a robot, the gray one is...I don't know."


"Freeze!" the giant robot said, its voice sounding like some monotonous tough guy, "Dimension Police! Surrender now or you will be forcefully apprehended!"

The gray giant snarled at the robot and went into a fighting stance.

"So be it." the robot replied, extending its arms and charging orbs of energy from its hands. The gray alien fired waves of red energy from its arms that hit the robot, but its sole response was two strong energy beams. Afterwards, the robot and the other giant charged at each other, immediately being locked in close combat. The robot was able to immobilize the alien and positioned it face-front of the Mane 6 (and Spike).

"Quickly evacuate!" the robot said, "Evacuate! Situation is temporarily contained! Please evacuate for your own personal safety! "

"Alright girls!" Twilight said, wearing her crown with the Element of Magic while the others wore their own Elements, "Now is our chance!"

They charged the elements and fired a beam of light at the gray alien...well, at least it was supposed to hit it. The alien was able to fling the robot over it shoulder, thus making it take the hit.

"Aw....buck."

The machine burst into five mechanical beasts, two of which where destroyed the the alien's deadly beams of light. The six tried to fire beams again and again, but the alien deflected them with its own beams. And this time, the alien shot four beams from its head and hit Spike, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy...

"What the-?!" Twilight shouted when Pinkie Pie started attacking her, "Not funny, Pinkie!"

Twilight looked around and saw Spike firing streams of...fire at Rarity. Applejack was charging at the white unicorn, and Rainbow Dash found herself being beaten up by Fluttershy. Immediately, Twilight knew that Pinkie wasn't joking. She looked into Pinkie's eyes, and figured it all out.

"Mind Control!"


Rocket Blaze didn't know what to do. Surely there was some way he could help them...

Then it hit him, well, something else nearly hit him. A large mechanical bird landed next to him. Rocket immediately checked it. It had major damages, mainly in the weapons, engines, and automated guidance systems (how Rocket comprehends the structure and internal workings of giant robots is yet to be explained). With this situation, Rocket disabled the machine's auto-pilot and decided to help the mane 6 with the machine.

The moment he sat on the pilot's seat, a helmet snapped itself onto his head. The cockpit itself seemed to "adapt" for Rocket to be able to operate it. Not minding the adjustments, Rocket decided to fight with what he's got.

"Hey!" Rocket yelled at the alien, catching its attention, "Hey, Shell head! Pick on someone your own size!"

The alien didn't seem to understand the words, but it comprehended the tone of Rocket's voice. Immediatelly, it fired rays of light near the bird mech, making it fling away. This is what Rocket was waiting for.

"YES!!!" Rocket said. He had rigged a lightning rod in order to collect the energy from the attack and make it safer for the machine to harness. The robot bird's systems light up and it blasted off into the skies. Rocket looked upon the boot-up screen, which read "Cosmo Beak. Dimension Police Defense Force." "Alright, Cosmo Beak..." Rocket thought to himself, "Let's see what you can do..."

Cosmo Beak was able to fly despite the damages, but Rocket can only keep it at a certain level as to not lose balance and cause more destruction. With the long-ranged weapons systems jammed, Rocket simply distracted the alien and made Cosmo Beak slice the alien with its claws. The alien, out of annoyance, knocked away the mechanical bird and went off on a rampage. Luckily, most of Ponyville have been able to evacuate, except for-

"Overdrive!"

The school was, apparently, the cover of the evacuation center which now held everyone else. The alien chased the citizens and found their unlikely sanctuary. Grinning maniacally inside, the alien ffired beams at the school, nearly penetrating a magical barrier that protected the bunker underneath it. Rocket Blaze, seeing that Cosmo Beak is in critical condition yet somehow able to fly, decided there was only one thing he could do: kamikaze.

Rocket made Cosmo Beak fly into the alien giant at full speed. There was no turning back, there was no other choice. It was now...or never. As bad luck had it, the alien swatted away Cosmo Beak once again, making the avian automaton spin around the air and descending to the town. Rocket knew that he was gone for. His own acts were in vain. He felt completely useless...

In the most unanticipated time possible, another glowing object zoomed down from the sky and hit Cosmo Beak. The impact resulted into an explosion of a bright, green light, and blinded everything that saw it.


Rocket Blaze opened his eyes. Instead of the cockpit, he found himself in an area of pure light. In front of him was a towering giant, a giant that was in the dream! But this giant was one of the ones that nearly killed him in the dream, it was the one that saved him!

"Who-Who are you? Wh-Where am I?!" Rocket asked.

"I came from a far away galaxy known as the E-70 Nebula..." the giant replied, "I...am Enigman Storm."

"Why...did you...save me?"

"As I orbited your planet, I saw you willing to sacrifice yourself to save your people. I felt a strong sense of justice within you, and also, a brave soul.

"If I unite with you, we will be able to defend your world from the Galactic Beasts, creatures I was commanded to destroy.

"I will be active on your planet for a limited amount of time, to prevent us from totally merging, and to rejuvenate my energies..."

"But....why can't you do it on your own?"

"On my way here, I was attacked, and my energies drained from me. I have little left, and my body can not last long alone. If we merge, not only will I be able to recover, but I will be able to help you, Rocket Blaze. I can help you protect your people."

From Storm's hand emerged a small trinket, on it is a small, green crystal. It floated towards Rocket Blaze in such grace.

"If you can not save others on your own, use this." Storm said.

Rocket Blaze thought. If he took it, some alien will reside in his body and enable him to protect everyone. If he didn't, then he'd let everyone down, he'd fail to protect them. The thought of seeing Overdrive dead made Rocket take the EnigBrace.


Twilight used her magic to fling some debris at Fluttershy and Spike, who were teaming up on Rarity. Pinkie Pie was about to slam her with a large, steel beam when a bright light shone all over the place. When it was over, the particles of light seemed to arrange themselves into a humanoid titan. This new giant was silver in color, had green lines on its body, pointed shoulder pads, and two horns at the left and the right of its pointed head. Its eyes were shining yellow and on its chest was a glowing crystal. The first giant seemed to curse at the sight of this newcomer.

The question was: Is this new giant here to save them, or destroy them?


“Enigman…” the first alien snarled. The alien waved its right arm and some unicorns, pegasi, Fluttershy, Spike, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie charged at Storm. The Enigman tried not to harm the hypnotized ponies, but when they began to use their magic to harm others, he decided there was no other choice.

Storm dashed forward to the alien, every foot step shook the streets slightly but enough to make ponies lose their balance. The evil alien commanded some pegasi to swarm around him to protect him, but the Enigman simply bashed them away. When its living wall vanished, the alien tried to fly away.

Seizing the opportunity, Storm reached out to the fleeing alien’s leg and tried to pull it down. The alien retaliated, and Storm kept pulling it, eventually ripping it off and being splattered with green blood. Despite the pain, the alien continued its escape, but Storm caught up and punched its head, sending the villain down to the ground.

Upon impact, Storm delivered a barrage of punches, but the alien whacked his side with its tentacle. It tried again with another, but the Enigman caught it and swung the creature round and round and flung it at the library. The alien stood up on its two tentacles and ran towards Storm, who leaped and taunted it. When his opponent stood up with an extended tentacle as a crutch, Storm decided it was time for the finishing blow.

The Enigman placed his arms in a plus (+) position, with his right arm horizontal and his left arm vertical, and charged energy into the middle of the formed sign. "ENIG...." Storm said as the energy accumulated, "...BUSTER!!!!" The rushed to the opponent in like a ray of light.

Before being totally destroyed, the enemy glared at Storm. “It is too late the invasion will...proceed!”

“I’ll be waiting.” Storm replied, forcing more energy into the attack and stopped. The overwhelming amounts of energy caused his enemy to explode, sending bits of alien intestines, muscles, blood vessels, and other internal organs to splatter in a 2 mile radius. When the worst was over, Storm looked at the civilians of Ponyville, who were looking at him in awe.


The ponies rejoiced at their new hero, and cheered on as they watched him jump and fly away. When he was too far away to see, they saw him fire a small spark of light which exploded and formed two words.

“Enigman Storm”

From this moment on, when the world is overcome by the shadows of evil and destruction, the light of justice will shine from everyone's hearts, and a Hero will surface. I will surface. the Enigman said to them.


The next day...

"Enig...Buster!" Overdrive yelled. He and his friend, Rumble, were playing the events that happened the day before., with Rumble being the monster.

"Augh!" Rumble laughed a he fell to the ground. The school bell rang and everyone rushed to get inside. Overdrive stopped when he heard someone nearby, but when he looked, no one was there. After a few seconds, he rushed to the classroom.

"I did it..." Rocket said. He was sitting on a tree branch and enjoyed watching his brother's little role-playing. "I saved everyone."

Rocket looked again at the EnigBrace that was now at his right front leg. "If it wasn't for him, I couldn't have done this. Thank you...

"...Enigman."

Author's Note:

Kaiju of the episode:

Hypnosis Monster, Necrory