• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 551 Views, 5 Comments

September - YoshiStar21



A scientist walks through what was once his home, with no recollection of what happened there.

  • ...
0
 5
 551

Chapter 4

White.

Everywhere he looked, there was white.

The white slowly faded.

He was standing in the doorway of a large room.

The walls of this room were the light grey of unpainted concrete.

There were shelves brimming with papers covered in scribbled plans and notes.

In the middle of the room was a huge machine with a myriad of pipes and wires leading to and from it, humming softly.

As he looked towards this machine, he saw two ponies discussing something.

He listened carefully, and the speech drifted across towards him.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Why in Equestria do we need this much power?”

“If we can use machines to do the tasks that ponies would usually do, it would allow everypony to have more leisure time to do as they wish!”

“But everypony enjoys what they do. Besides, machines can’t completely replace ponykind. You saw what happened with the Flim Flam brothers. I hardly think that everypony will accept machines replacing all their efforts.”

“Just give me a chance!”

“There’s no point! It’s just too dangerous. If something went wrong, all hell could break loose.”

A moment of silence.

“Have you abandoned me too? After all these years?”

“Of course not. But this is just too much power to safely contain. If the cooling systems failed, we’ll all be doomed!”

“Fine. If you can’t see the value of my work, then maybe you should leave.”

“Please listen to me! The containment systems won’t be able to hold the energy!”

“NO! The time for listening is OVER! Get out of my laboratory!”

I just discovered that
The ponies were defeated
By something really strong
It seemed very weird and wrong
It just doesn't belong
Like it came out of this world