• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,556 Views, 31 Comments

Children of the night. - RoyalUnicornJohn1994



Luna has returned to Equestria. She's not evil anymore. In fact, there's something she wants the more: someone to share a true love.

  • ...
8
 31
 2,556

Chapter five. Truth.

Chapter five. Truth.

Luna froze in place while her secret got discovered.

Celestia pulled the earring from the black pony's ear and cancelled the transformation spell, turning him to his former self.

Celestia's eyes became tiny at the sight of the creature in front of her. The bipedal looked at him, terror showing up in his face.

Celestia turned to her sister, who was frozen in place. In her face, nothing but fear.


It was all in a fraction of second. John suddenly was pushed away by an strange force, pinning him to the wall. Turning toward Celestia, he immediately recognized the magic. Her horn glowing up with a golden aura, telling him what kept him in that place.

However, there was nothing he else he could do but to search for a way out of there.

Looking to the wall, he spotted a huge decorating flag with a moon on it. On the other side of the hall, the window was open.

His eyes became tiny while his mind started to draw an escape plan.


"Luna. What do you know about this creature?" Celestia asked with a suspicious look on her face.
"I-I..." She tried to speak, but her voice betrayed her.
"Luna. Do you have something to do with this creature, this..." Celestia turned again to the one she was pinning. She instantly remembered about Humans. "Human?" She finished her question with an obvious disdain on her voice.

Her words were unheard by John, who couldn't understand a thing of what they were saying.

By the other hoof, he realized that maybe Celestia was angry with Luna. He couldn't understand Equestrian, but he could clearly understand why Luna was trembling in front of her sister. Celestia kept shouting at her at the same time that she approached to her with a furious glare.

John started to work a way to get to the other side of the room. However, a loud hit was heard in the room. John turned to see where the sound came from... and she found a crying Luna covering her cheek, which was with a red hoof mark on it. Celestia, on the other hoof, stood in there, gazing at her sister with a pair of eyes that flared with anger.


"Luna, what have you done, you stupid filly?" Celestia almost shouted to her sister.

Luna still ache from the hit on her cheek. She couldn't avoid it: she started to cry.
"Luna, answer me!"

Luna turned to her sister, still crying.
"I became different than you, elder sister!"

Celestia frowned at Luna's comment. Luna, stood in her hooves and started to walk toward her.
"I became different than you, because I didn't wanted to be a tyrant. I wanted to save a life. I wanted to share with someone my life. Is that really so bad, sister?"

Celestia's eyes became tiny. Suddenly, they literally flamed on while her anger burst.
"Of course it's bad! You saved the enemy! And you're saying that you want to be friend to him?"
"What's so bad about the friendship? You are always talking of the letters Twilight Sparkle sends to you!"
"It's different to make friends with a gryphon, a chimera, or something even more dangerous. But a human? Have you gone insane?"
"Of course not!"
"Then, tell me why you saved him!"
"Because I didn't wanted to be like you in that way!"

Celestia's anger became obvious, as she lifted a hoof to hit again her sister.


John's sight became one of deep analysis when Celestia lifted her hoof. Once again, the world seemed to become slow. With a new-found strength, he broke his magical grip.


Celestia flared with anger, while her hoof traveled directly to Luna's cheek. It was at a few inches from Luna's face that her hoof stopped. Not by her will, but for a hand stopping her.

Celestia discovered that the human had her hoof grabbed with such strength that she hadn't seemed before. Turning to him, she saw the serious look on his face.
"You dare to hit her again, and I'll make sure you never be able to use that hoof again."

Celestia backed while looking to the angered human. Her hoof ache from the grip, leaving a mark of his "disgusting" hand.

She then turned her horn on and fired at him, sending him to the window.
"Noo!" Luna tried frantically to run.

However, a golden aura stopped her. She could only see how John fell from the balcony.

Celestia, however, had other plans. She went to the balcony, levitating Luna with her. She then forced Luna to see how the human crashed into the ground.


John thought that this might have been the worst moment in his life (or at least of what he could remember). Still in the air, he turned to see the balcony. Celestia was still in there, with a grin of victory. At her side was Luna, covered by a golden aura. She seemed sad.


Luna could see how John was becoming even more and more small. She used a spell to see better. It seemed like if Celestia had the same idea than her.

However, what they saw leave them stunned.


John clearly saw the grin of Celestia and guessed why Luna was like that.

A deep anger filled him: He'd make sure that she would pay for what she did.

Once again, the world went slow for him.

He made a flip and pointed his legs to the ground. He closed his eyes.
...
...
...
...

Just in the moment he felt the ground at a few inches, he opened his eyes and landed.


Both, Celestia and Luna stayed in awe while looking at the crater in the ground. It didn't was big, but due the fact that it was made by a living being leave them with their mouths opened.

The human ran to a few trees and hid beneath them.

Suddenly, Luna felt herself being pinned to the wall by her sister's magic.
"You don't move of here. I have a business to attend to."

In her hooves, iron grips magically formed and held her captive in the wall.
"No! Wait, don't do that!" Luna frantically tried to stop her.


John, outside of the castle, saw how many guards suddenly got out of the castle, shouting in their equestrian language. This frustrated him a little.

However, due to the fact that they were carrying weapons with them made it easier for him to understand what was going on.

If that was the case, then Luna would be in a situation as bad or worse than him.
"Damn, there are just too many of them...how to pass them?"

John was thinking to himself. Suddenly, he remembered the crater he created. Also, the way he knocked out those idiots at the alley.

How could he do those things?

Unless...
...

He took a few steps backwards.
"Hope this one works out."

He started to run. Speeding up at each step he took.

Just before the end of the forest, he used both legs.

Instantly, he lifted up in the sky, easily reaching the roof of the castle.

Turning to see below, he saw that the floor was at least at 10 meters from the roof. Using that distance as a reference, he saw some balconies in Luna's tower.

With relative ease, he jumped from one balcony to the other one. Three balconies later, he landed on Luna's room. Inspecting from the outside, he saw Luna chained to the wall.


Everything was dark. And she couldn't speak. Her eyes and mouth were covered.

A door opened. She could realize for the cracking sound. However, it didn't was the main door, but the other one.

Who could the one that opened that door? It might have been somepony who wanted to see from the outside. But, by the other hoof... what if it didn't was a pony?
"Hmmmff!" Luna tried to scream.
"Shh! Quiet! I'm gonna take you out of here."

John took off the piece of clothe from her mouth, just to hear something terrible.
"It's a trap!"

Many lights lit up, pointing toward the human. That was it: they were trapped.

Author's Note:

Comments and critics are welcomed. Just... don't be too harsh, please.