• Published 17th Aug 2013
  • 3,661 Views, 25 Comments

(SiC) Part 2 - Flutter Clutter - Brian Jacko



Fluttershy becomes a hoarder and it's up to her friends to find out how she got that way and to change her behavior.

  • ...
9
 25
 3,661

The Apple Family's Special Gift to Fluttershy

Applejack bucked the door open to the room Fluttershy was sleeping in. "Up and at 'em, missy!"

Fluttershy jolted up and put her hoof to her chest and looked outside of the window. "Um, Applejack, it's not even light out right now."

Applejack laughed and said, "We git up when the roosters call! Ya better come down stairs if ya want breakfast! Granny Smith made some fresh eggs that the hens had recently laid. Come on sugar cube!" Applejack turned around and began to head back downstairs.

Fluttershy yawned and rubbed her eyes with her front hooves. She got out of bed and made her way downstairs. She was a little bit wobbly on her hooves, but that was because she had never been up this early before. She sat down and had breakfast with the Apple family.

After breakfast, Applejack began to put away all of the things that she had planned for the Apple family reunion. She had a better idea about what to do for this years special reunion rather than just fun and games. When everything was dissembled and put away back into the barn, she began to wait for her family and welcomed them one by one as they came for the reunion.

When every Apple family member was standing around outside, Applejack stood above the crowd and yelled into a speaker phone. "Welcome Apple family. Today we are going to practice a little thing called lovin' thy neighbor! We ain't gonna be havin' fun palyin' games and doin' our traditional things, so we're gonna show some love to somepony who isn't in the Apple family, but a family member to me none the less. Big Macintosh, come on out!"

Big Macintosh came out of the farm door with the biggest wagon that the Apple family had. Inside, were all kinds of tools and building supplies.

"We got more wagons filled with supplies and we're gonna help rebuild a special friend's cottage!" Applejack proudly said.

Fluttershy flew up to Applejack and whispered in her ear. "Oh, Applejack, I don't want to ruin your family reunion. I want you to all have fun and not let me get in the way of what you normally do. You don't have to do this for me."

Applejack laughed and rubbed her hoof into Fluttershy's mane getting it all messy. "Don't have to worry about it Fluttershy! We need to reach out to others and lend each other a helpin' hoof when we can! Come on and let's git goin'"

Fluttershy nervously watched the entire Apple family assemble into the middle of the farm. There were many wagons filled with supplies.

Applejack got them ready and then lead the way with Big Macintosh over to where Fluttershy's cottage once stood.

Fluttershy hovered over the entire Apple family and watched them from the air. She was the only one with wings, and she also didn't want to get in their way as they marched across town to where her cottage once stood.

When they made it to the location, Applejack walked over to the burnt ground and said, "We're gonna git to it and fix up a new cottage fer one of my best friends, Fluttershy."

None of the Apple family members seemed to be motivated.

Fluttershy landed next to Applejack and said, "It doesn't look like they are too motivated to work."

Applejack laughed and said, "That's cause ya gotta know what makes em wanna move. Just sing a song and you'll get free labor out of anypony! Come on and sing a song with me, Fluttershy." Applejack cleared her throat and sang out, "Raise this cottage, raise this cottage, one, two, three, four! Together we can raise this cottage. One, two, three, four!"

The Apple family perked up a bit and started murmuring in approval.

Fluttershy looked over to Applejack and said, "Um, do you ever abuse this power and take advantage of their weakness when you sing to get them to do your own bidding often Applejack?"

Applejack laughed and said, "I guess I have to be truthful, huh?"

Fluttershy stared at her with confusion as she waited for an answer.

Applejack gave her a playful wink and said, "I do it all the time, darlin'." Applejack then gave a hard slap on the back of Fluttershy with her hoof and said, "Don't be shy now. Ya need to sing along to get them to work. It's like magic! Come on, just sing with me now!"

Fluttershy and Applejack began to sing, and all of the ponies began to work furiously.

Within no time, Fluttershy's cottage was rebuilt.

Applejack put her front leg around Fluttershy's neck and said, "There ya go, Fluttershy! Yer a very special friend, and were more than happy to help ya out! Yer very welcome fer the gift!"

Fluttershy looked up at her new cottage. Tears flooded her eyes and she turned around to the entire Apple family and said, "I thank you all so much for showing me such kindness! I don't know what else I can say. You all are wonderful ponies and I am so grateful for you all."

The ponies in the crowd began to stomp their hooves against the ground and cheered. When the cheering died down, Applejack spoke up and said, "Now who wants some dinner? We got lots of food back home that Granny Smith has been preparin' all day long! Let's git!"

The Apple family went wild and began to march away while bringing the wagons back to Sweet Apple Acres.




Fluttershy stayed for dinner and then headed back home when the night settled in. Applejack walked her back home.

Applejack opened up the door and stepped inside with her friend. "Now don't be settin' off anymore fires, missy! Big Macintosh said that ya had some kind of desire to hoard things, and I don't wanna see no more cottages get burned down, ya hear?"

Fluttershy smiled warmly at her friend and said, "It won't happen again! That was just a terrible mistake I made. I'll be fine now."

Applejack smiled at her friend and then walked out of the door.

The second she stepped out, a little animal friend of Fluttershys ran back inside of the cottage. He was holding onto something and placed it into the center of the room.

Fluttershy watched him as one of her eyes began to twitch like crazy.