• Published 9th Jun 2014
  • 425 Views, 3 Comments

Broned - xXQw3rtyXx



I've always been alone, no friends, barely a family. It's when my parents left me alone for 9 months that I suddenly realized I could make myself happy.

  • ...
 3
 425

The FIM Triv

February 24th, 2013, 7:01

"Ok, let's all get to know each other first. My name is Leonard, and I'll be this groups leader."

"I'm Rachel,"

"Dave,"

"Call me Mitch,"

"Name's Franky,"

"Uhh, Eric?"

A couple others chuckled at how I said my name.

"You sure that's your name?" Franky teased.

"Yeah,"

A six person team, from the number of signups, I expected 60.

"Ok, let's cut straight to the point. Practice. Training, whatever it takes. Who's new here," Leonard asked.

I was the only one who raised a hand.

"Alright Eric, the game is pretty straightforward. You know that game called Jeopardy? Yeah, that's basically all the rules," He said.

Simple enough. We didn't take any more time screwing around, we started studying right away.

"Remember, winner gets 3000$ split amongst the team," Leonard pointed out.

500$ if we win. Lol.

I paired up to study with Rachel. It was basic question asking back and forth from a FIM Textbook. A FIM textbook, wow.

I did better than her. We each asked each other 20 questions. I got 18/20, she got 15/20. We switched partners and repeated the process for each partner. I kept getting a solid score of 18/20, no deviations. Strange.

"Ok, I think we're ready," Leonard said. A horn blasted, and someone announced ,"Contest is about to begin, please take your positions on the stage."

We came out from behind the curtains onto a large stage. The auditorium was larger than I expected. Probably everyone at the BronyCon fit, and that's saying something.

A man walked out onto the stage, wearing a full black tux.

"Welcome to this years BronyCon FIM Triv!!" the man said. The whole crowd went into uproar at the end of the sentence.

"Let's meat our contestants!" He said. I closed my eyes. Everything muffled, and the world was dark. I was deep in thought.

This is where life got me. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Happy that I was at a BronyCon, having the time of my life, or sad; that I may never see my parents ever again. As long as the family still exists.

"Sir, sir, excuse me," There was a light tapping on my shoulder.

"Oh, oh, sorry. My name's Eric Johnson," I said. A large corner of the crowd cheered loudly, while everyone else just applauded. That large corner was made up of my new friends that I made today.

"Let's get on with it then," the man said. Question 1, first team to answer wins, that's the way it works. We need to hit the buzzer on our pedestal, and only one person can do so each round. The question appeared on two screens. One over our heads, so the audience could see, and one on the other end of the room, so we could see. The question was, "In what season did Discord first appear." The answer was obvious, but Fluttershy group got it before us.

Crap.


Some minutes later.

Pinkie Pie group was in the lead, ours in a close second, Fluttershy lagging behind a little, Twilight in last. Totally unexpected.

Question 19, what is Pinkie Pie's full name.

I hit the buzzer so hard, I nearly broke it, "Pinkamina Diane Pie."

"Correct!" The man yelled. That put is with a tie for first.



Some minutes later.

There a total of 50 questions, we're on question 48. Rarity in the lead by 6 points, physically impossible for us to lose.

Question 48, How many guards are in Shining Armour's unit.

I slammed the buzzer again, "18."

"Correct again!"

Question 49, How many years old is Twilight Sparkle.

I knew the answer, yes I totally knew it. It's a trick question.

I slammed the buzzer once more, "Never ask a mare her age."

"Oh my god, that's, that's correct," the man stuttered, "That was a bonus question, 10 points for your team, who is now leading by 17!"

I couldn't resist rofl.

So by the end, of course we won, no doubt about it. Twilight group, last place, had 3 points. Applejack with 4, Rainbow Dash with 7, Fluttershy with 10, Pinkie Pie with 16, and Rarity with 30. Not a total blackout, but close enough.

Still alive, haven't gone insane yet.