• Published 9th Jun 2014
  • 424 Views, 3 Comments

Broned - xXQw3rtyXx



I've always been alone, no friends, barely a family. It's when my parents left me alone for 9 months that I suddenly realized I could make myself happy.

  • ...
 3
 424

Bro'snee Kawn

February 22nd, 2013

2 Days until the convention. The checklist I scribbled together was far from fully finished. Actually, I hadn't even started it yet.

First up, I need to head to Party City to pick up a Big Mac shirt and that thing around his neck. Next, bring a crate of apple cider, for the 6 o'clock dinner potluck. Use the bathroom, okay, I can do that before I leave. That' pretty much it.

I don't know how to drive, and I just ate 4 bags of Lays and I'm hopped up on soda. I know I can't walk to Party City, and even if I could, I wouldn't be sure that I won't pass out on the way. I only brought alone 150$, and with the tax, the costume would be about 90, and the cider would be like 30, and that's including the cart I'm bringing it in with. This taxi fee better not be over 20 bucks.

"Taxi!" I yelled at the street in front of my apartments. This part of Chino Hills gets taxi's, but mainly for airport transportation. A green taxi cab rode up in front of me, Prius Hitchback V 1.A model. I got in the back seat.

"Party City please, the one on Southbound," I said. The hybrid car began moving, and in seconds, we were on our way. I've never been to this part of the city, and it was pretty amazing. The plaza that Party City was in was filled with restaurants and parlors. Even a small mall was here, which highlighted the fact that they had a Macy's.

"Thank you," I told the cab driver.

"That'll be 8 bucks kid," the cab driver reached his hand out through the window, to retrieve my eight bucks.

"Shit, only got 12 more to spare."

I walked inside. It was like a labyrinth in there, so many turns, and no employees in sight. There was a banner hanging from the ceiling that read, "30% off all BronyCon purchases." That pretty much saved my life. Thats 27$ off the 90, only 63$, plus a 7.8% U.S Federal tax.

It took me ages to finally find the front desk.

"Hello, ma'am. I'm here for a Big Mac costume ordered from a Eric Johnson," I slid 70 dollars across the desk, in exchange for a packed costume, and some coins in change.

"Great, I can check that off. Where to next. Costco or Wal*Mart," I chose neither. I decided to go to 7-11, which was right across the street. I bought a small cart and a rack of 32 Apple Cider bottles for 28.41$, and happily walked away.

"Taxi!" I called again. The same taxi that brought me hear pulled up. I placed my items in the trunk, and got in.

"Well fancy that kid, we meet again," the driver said, "name's Ted, Ted McCoy."

"Eric Johnson," I replied.

Ted and I had an in depth conversation on American Politics on the way back to my apartments.

"Nice knowing you kid, hope I see you soon," Ted dropped me off, and drove away. I decided to give him all the money I had left in my pocket.

"Crap," I yelled. The apartments didn't have an elevator, and I lived on the eighth floor.

I spent the next hour and a half getting my crap up the stairs.

February 24th, 2013, 3:14 P.M

I arrived at the BronyCon about 5 minutes ago, and made like 9001 new friends already. Everyone was dressed as their favorite MLP:FIM character, I decided to use my notepad to jot down the number of the Mane Six I see. So far:

Twilight Sparkle:IIII
Rarity:III
Applejack:I
Rainbow Dash:IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Pinkie Pie:II
Fluttershy:IIIIIII

I didn't really care about my parents right now. The probability that they come home while I'm here is 10^(-40000), practically 0.

The first site I decided to hit was the art gallery. I took pictures of great MLP art submissions and online finds. I even found one of my own pieces in the gallery. My pic was a drawing of Celestia falling, like tripping on a rock. The plaque beside it read, "Art submission of Eric Johnson, ranked #9 in comedy art." #9, good enough. My favorite piece out of all of these would have to be the Fluttershy Christmas Wink. I took 12 pictures of it, 12 man, 12.

I was walking around, looking for where to go next, when I got stood up by a bunch of teens, who asked me to cos-play with them. Who am I to decline.

It wasn't self cos-play, we were re-enacting the episodes, starting from S2E1. Since I was Big Mac, just a side character, they gave me a bigger part in the altered story, and made me assist in the Mane Six searching for the elements.

I can't think of one time in my life where I was happier.

The dinner was great, everything from Pizza to Indian cuisine. I sat with my cos-play group, as we exchanged phone numbers, emails, and Skype info, and shared our stories from MLP Online, until we were all interrupted.

"FIM trivia tournament almost full, sign up now, 8 slots remaining," an announcer over the PA, well, announced.

"Go, Eric," one of my cos-play friends told me.

"Yeah, you'll do great,"

"You got this man,"

My friends kept urging me on, so I decided to sign up. I sprinted to the front, onto the stage where signups were being held. I quickly grabbed a pen and signed my name on one of the only two spots remaining.

"Thank you," the announcer said, "Please go to the Quiz Arena, over through those double doors right there. You're in Rarity Group."

"Right now?" I asked.

"Now."

Author's Note:

Thing around Big Mac's neck - horse collar: used for pulling heavy loads and stuff.
Cider=30$ - It's not Costco.