• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 829 Views, 10 Comments

Secrets - LightsCameraAction



2nd Person Story featuring you, Vinyl Scratch, and a very fragile secret.

  • ...
2
 10
 829

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

You and Vinyl had finally made it to the next safe house deep in the Everfree Forest. You went inside to find that the house looked very similar to the first safe house. One bed, table for two, small amount of food.

"We can take a break here, but we can probably get to the next safe house before dark." You said.

Vinyl walked in and sat on the bed, resting her legs. You walked over to the sink and turned it on, waiting for the water to get warm.

"So what are we going to do as far as long term, we cant just keep running." Vinyl said, sounding worried.

"I, I honestly don't know. I have never been caught or investigated before." You say.

You look at Vinyl and see that she is scared. You wash your hands off quickly and walk over to her.

"Look, I know things look bad right now, but I promise we are going to be ok." You said trying to comfort her.

"Don't make a girl a promise that you can't keep." She said, looking at you with tears in her eyes.

"I miss my family, my friends, and my work." She continued.

You looked at her trying to find the correct words to say. Vinyl rolled over and lied down with her back to you. You lied down next to the bed and fell asleep.

You're running down a long endless hallway. You don't know what you are running from, because there is nothing but darkness behind you and ahead of you. You just keep running, and the hallway never ends. You run for what seems like hours, until you can't run anymore. You stop, feeling nothing but defeat. The darkness starts to get closer, and closer, and closer. You sit in the dark, a single tear runs down your cheek. There is no way out, you are stuck. You fall over in a heap of tears, and just lay there.

You jolted awake and looked around panicking. You looked at the door to make sure it was closed and locked, and then back to the bed to make sure Vinyl was still there. You let out a sigh of relief when you saw that everything was ok, and she was safe. You had grown attached to her, having her around. You walked over to her and placed a hoof gently on her side. You could feel her breathing, slow and steady. You remove your hand from her side and walk over to the cabinet. You open it up to find a few Twinkies.

"No surprise there." You heard from behind you.

You turned around, startled.

"Well you sure are jumpy this afternoon." Vinyl said walking over to you.

She took one of the Twinkies out of your hoof and began eating it.

"We should probably head out soon, or we will have to stay here tonight." You said to her.

"Well, it might be better just to stay here instead of go to the next safe house. We are well outside Ponyville by now." Vinyl said.

She was right, you were far into the Everfree by now, and guards would hardly ever come looking for you two out this far.

You looked outside to see the sun was already getting ready to go down.

"Fine, we can stay here for a few days, but we should start our plans on getting new identities so we can move back into Ponyville." You said.

You turned around to see Vinyl tampering with an old record player in the corner of the room. She starts it up and it starts playing a slow dancing song that you would hear at the gala. Vinyl walks over to you and gestures for you to dance. You feel yourself blush a little. She takes one step closer to you and takes your hoof by force. She proceeded to lead you through the dance flawlessly, spinning you around in many different ways. At the end of the song, she leaned in and gave you a tiny peck on the cheek. You felt your face turn even more red than before and she let out a little giggle. She let go of your hooves and went to back to the record player.

"So now you know how to slow dance with a mare, in case you ever get the chance." Vinyl said, still tampering with the record player.

"Yeah thanks." You replied.

You looked outside and saw that is was starting to get dark out.

"We should probably get to bed, that way we can get a good night's sleep and head out to figure out our next move." You said to Vinyl, laying down next to the bed.

"Yeah, we have a busy day tomorrow." Vinyl replied.

She lied down and started to drift off to sleep, and you did the same.

"Um, do you want to maybe sleep in the bed too?" You heard Vinyl ask.

"Um, sure, that would be nice." You replied.

You got up off the wooden floor and slowly crawled up onto the bed and lied down next to Vinyl. She was facing away from you, and you were facing her. You fell into a peaceful sleep.

You're running down a long endless hallway. You don't know what you are running from, because there is nothing but darkness behind you and ahead of you. You just keep running, and the hallway never ends. You run for what seems like hours, until you can't run anymore. You stop, feeling nothing but defeat. The darkness started to get closer, and closer, and closer. You sit in the dark, a single tear runs down your cheek. But just then, you feel someone put their foreleg around your neck, you look up to see Vinyl, smiling at you. She takes your hoof and pulls you out of the hallway into a bright room.

She whispers into your ear. "I will never leave you."