• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 1,905 Views, 28 Comments

Luna I'm Here - JosephRascon1789



Lighting Bolt has returned and falls right into the middle of the thousand year war. Knowing he's the only thing to stop the war, he find a small group to help him on a suicide mission to get to Princess's Nightmare Moon's cas

  • ...
4
 28
 1,905

1000 Years of Death Ends Today!

To Lighting Bolt

It's been a couple years since the wedding of princess Celestia and Night Shade. Ponies don't ask to many questions about the day the moon rose at ten in the morning. I know for a fact that was you. My life has been great. I met a stallion and we had two foals. One is named Lighting just like you. I hope you saw princess Luna before her "transformation." She visited our town the day after the early moon. She greeted me as if nothing was wrong, but she asked me to keep a deep secret. Something that couldn't be told to any pony besides you. You were the reason for this secret and I was glad she told me before it happened. She created a secret army and was on her way to attack Canterlot. She warned me to go as far away from Canterlot as possible. Before she left she gave me two things. She left me your journal and a scroll that was never to be opened by anypony besides you. It's magically sealed and she said you would know the way to open it. I'm setting the box with a magic lock, but I'm pretty sure my daughter will not open it. Just in case I never see you again, I would like to make one thing very clear. Luna said the contents of the scroll she left you could end any conflict. I hope I am the one who gets to deliver the box to you, but if I don't then one of my kids will take the responsibility. One day you will have this box and the scroll. I hope you will know what to do with it.

Sincerely yours Ruby Heart.

P.S. Don't let her get away. She loves you remember?

"Ma great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandma wrote that over 1000 years ago." The old mare said wiping tears from her eyes. "The family secret and mission has been fulfilled."

"I need to know everything about the war." I said with rage building up.

"What do you mean sonny?" The elderly mare asked.

"I want to know what happened while I was gone."

The old mare raised a hoof then thought for a second. "Lumber, go put some tea over the fire. It's a long story to tell."

Lumber nodded and left his wife's side to grab something from the kitchen.

"It all started 1000 years ago when princess Celestia got married to Night Shade. There was a rumor going around Equestria saying princess Luna had returned because somepony broke her out. Nopony paid much attention. During the wedding, Luna busted in and said Celestia would pay for the great crime she committed. She said the Celestia killed her lover and continued as normal. After that nothing happened for a couple days. Then came the first strike by the newly formed New Lunar Republic. They destroyed statues, posters, and murals of Celestia. In their place where huge painted letters or posters the read VICTORY FOR THE NLR. Luna found a gang of rebels to help her fight her sister. Now back then there were no front lines. The NLR attacked at night, but eventually Celestia's guards caught one of Luna's fighters and he was hung in the middle of Canterlot. They left his body as a message to the rest of the NLR. Of course Luna didn't take anytime to respond. Her fighters killed two guards on patrol right outside Canterlot castle and left their bodies.

Now after a couple years of back ally killing and propaganda, Luna had a sizable army and she took over most of the western sea board. That's when the war kicked into full gear. Luna convinced her subjects to fight and Celestia did the same. For twenty straight years, foals were born into a world at war. They were brain washed into fighting for their princess and it was honorable to fight and die to protect your life style. For many years the ponies of the army's acted with strict orders and they did nothing to harm civilians. That changed when the war started being fought in the shadows. Both sides would raid towns for supplies, stallions to fight, and mares for....... fun. The war had no bounds after fifty years. Everything was cleared, as long as it helped one side prevail. After two-hundred years, some ponies began to question the war. Those ponies moved away and started little towns with no intention of joining a side. At two-hundred and fifty years, there were towns like that everywhere on both sides. Some of those ponies ventured far to areas where nopony had control and set up towns for peaceful living. It didn't take long for those towns to be used. Soldiers would come into towns and take everything. If somepony tried to stop them, they were labeled traitors and taken away. They took all the food, clean water, and forced some stallions to fight to pay off 'debts'. Our family stayed in a controlled town until about ninety years ago. I was just a little filly when mah' Grandma lost her life to Celestia's guards. They said they need to check our house for something, but my Grandma refused. They tried to get in, but mah' parents kept them out. Late that night they set fire to our house and left it to burn. My Ma' and Pa' got me out and watched as the house we lived in since the war started, burned to the ground. We left to a friends house then went back in the morning......" She started tearing up. "We found our Grandma's body over a piece of the floor. S-s-he used herself to defend the secret compartment..... where the box was hidden."

"I'm so sorry." The Doctor said while setting a hoof on her shoulder.

"This war has claimed so many lives. It's my job to stop it." I pushed up on all fours and put on my black armor.

"Don't be daft! You have to do a lot of planning before doing something this stupid." The Doctor called out just as I reached the door.

"Please just wait. Think about what you are going to do before you run out there looking like a NLR soldier." Lumber said while cutting me off.

"I've endangered you already. This scroll had an insane amount of magic guarding it. I'm one-hundred percent sure Celestia could detect this magic. In fact I think she has sent guards here right now." I said while moving him.

"Please just let me take you out of town. You have no clue where you are going." Lumber said becoming stronger.

I groaned and put a hoof on my face. "If you insist."

He let out a sigh and quickly kissed his wife good bye. "I'll be right back."

We left the house and galloped through the street. We didn't stop for anypony as we made our way from street to street. Ponies looked at me funny, but some cheered as we went by.

"Any reason for the celebration?" I asked.

"Well.... Let's just say you are a legend across Equestria. That armor your wearing isn't exactly part of the NLR. It's one of a kind and they know it. *huff* Plus our story *huff* actually legend was told across Equestria."

Ponies cheered and celebrated as we made our way to the end of a street that lead to rolling hills and off in the distance I could see a forest. Suddenly something landed in front of us. We came to a screeching stop. The pony extended it'swings and stared at us. It was a white furred pony, but the mane and tail were hidden under his red armor.

"Oh please no! Not one of them!" Lumber shouted while rattling on his hooves.

"What is it?"

"One of Celestia's personal hit squad. It's a Trojan." Lumber said while jumping behind me.

"Give me the scroll." It said in a deep raspy voice.

"Take it from my cold dead HOOVES!" I yelled and shot a blast of magic.

The Trojan had no time to react. He was hit and froze.

"Did you kill it?" He asked.

"No just paralyzed. He is sleeping sort of....." I said while re thinking my spell.

"Don't say he...." Lumber said with anger.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Celestia breeds these things. They are not real ponies. They just serve one purpose. Take orders, get killed, get replaced."He said while turning back.

"Wait."

Lumber turned back.

"Tell the Doctor.... Thank you."

"Will do. Follow that road to the next town. And try not to get in trouble." He said with a smile.

"Can't make any promises." I said while galloping down the trail.

This will be over! I will make her pay for these crimes against these ponies. I won't fail! I won't falter! I will be with Luna again! Even if it kills me..... again!.

Author's Note:

So short chapter. This is just the call to action, that's why it's short. Thank you to all my readers and the people who liked and commented on this story, It really helps me sit down and type. Plus it makes me relaxed. Right now life isn't treating me to great. I'm going to college, but I have no job. I only had a couple hundred saved up and now that's going away for insurance for my car. I'm really stressed and on edge, but I'm just watching MLP and take it one day at a time. I just love coming on and losing myself in all the stories I favorite and coming to my stories and reading the comments. It makes me feel better and it sets a task for me.

Hope everyone enjoys this chapter-Joe (My nickname. Going to use it from now on.)