• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,273 Views, 34 Comments

My Little Vault Hunter: Guns Are Magic. - Dapper Stache



The Mane six are called to look at Mysterious ruins Celestia has discovered, and get transported to Eridian ruins on Pandora, hilarity and adventure ensues.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,273

The Road to Sanctuary.

The group of ponies and humans are still in the caustic caverns and Twilight explained how they got here to the humans, Much to the humans suprise, as they didn't know there were vaults on other planets.

"Okay, so lemme get this straight, you are Talking magical unicorns and Pegasi that were teleported here by a vault in magical pony land-" The one called Axton was cut off by Twilight.

"Equestria." Twilight corrected.

"Yeah, Equestria, same difference, Ugh, well I guess these guys are trapped on this planet now, I honestly don't know of any way off world. Anyway, I can see the unicorns helping us, but not the others, at least the unicorns could use guns with their magic but the others i don't know, Pandora isn't the kind of place you can just walk around without a weapon." Axton finished.

"Wait, What do you mean there isn't any way off this planet!? We need to get home!" Twilight asked in pure shock as the thought of being stranded here didn't exactly sound very good to her, especially with the idea that this planet was rather violent flying through her head.

"Well, the entire story behind the hordes of bandits up on the surface is that they couldn't get off this planet after the Atlas Corporation forced the Dahl Corporation to give up their hold on Pandora's resources and leave. both corporations have left Pandora long before today, the bandits used to be family men, miners, workers now just reduced to petty thieves, murderers, and in the case of the Rats, cannibals. So really you fight the bandits, or die. So, anyway, let's address the main problem at hand here, hooves can't pull triggers."

"So everyone on this planet was abandoned? Forgotten? Marooned? That's terrible, I feel bad for them, but they'd probably kill us, even if we did try to help" Twilight thought, with other thoughts also going through her head of what had happened to them after the corporations left that drove them to such lengths of madness.

"We could have Marcus cook up something custom, like a trigger adapter of sorts." The one called Maya said. who had explained how she could use magic prior to the conversation taking place now.

"Who is Marcus?" Twilight asked.

"Marcus is someone we know back in Sanctuary that sells and repairs guns. He is an arms dealer." Axton explained.

"Guys, Maybe we could find a better place to continue this conversation, Sanctuary perhaps, but for now let's get going, before more threshers arrive." Maya said.

"That is good idea." The one called Salvador said.

"Lets get going then" Axton said as the group began moving back the way they came.

On their journey back to the fast travel station the group encountered more of the varkids, these ones were smaller, but still had wings, exept the wings on these ones were too tiny to use for flight, and they could only use them to glide. The smaller larvae stage of these insect creatures fought by running up to the vault hunters and pulling their sharp tail up over their head and stinging the vault hunters, much like a scorpion. A few of them went into some sort of a pupal stage before the vault hunters shot them. The vault hunters took them out rather quickly this time making sure all of the larvae were truly dead.

The acid bubbled vigorously in the backround as they walked across the gloomy landscape of the cave. There were a few crysalisks on the path back, the humans took them down quite easily, as the ponies took cover in a cave waiting for the fight to die down. The crysalisks were creatures three legged creatures made entirely of crystal and they fought by shooting tiny shards of themselves at attackers, with the occasional large crystal, that embedded it's self into the ground then grew larger and exploded, unless it was shot first. Their bodies deflected bullets, and the yellow crystals on their legs kept them alive, these yellow crystals were the creatures' only vunerable point and all 3 of them had to be shattered before the creature dies.

"Do you really think we should trust these guys, we've only known them for like five minutes." Rainbow Dash said.

"Look, If they had the intent to kill they would've done it already Dash. Just look at what they're doing to those creatures out there." Rainbow peeked outside of the cave to see a large mass of exploding crystal heading towards the cave. she quickly moved her head back into the cave out of surprise.

"Point taken" Rainbow Dash said quickly, her heart still racing from seeing a large hunk of crystal hurled by an explosion towards where she was standing.

The creatures were no match for the humans knowledge of combat and weapons, and were defeated rather quickly, the group started heading for one of the large doors, much like the ones on the metal complex in the center of the large cavern, they walked through the doors and the more silent one known as Zer0 turned some sort of valve on the wall.

"What does that do?" Pinkie asked

"It shuts the doors" Axton said.

Inside the room there were what looked to be vending machines that talked, but only dispensed ammunition, guns, medical equipment, and some sort of barrier to protect yourself from enemies, The humans had called them sheilds, but they weren't at all like any sheilds any of the ponies had seen, back in eqestria they were mainly used as fancy decoration for the more wealthy ponies homes, and looked nothing like these. There was also a yellow machine that Axton instantly had walked up to, and pressed the finger button on it, then a holographic map popped up in front of him.

"Ooh what's that!?" Pinkie asked turning to the machine.

The yellow machine was about 4 feet tall with a blue glowing circle 2 inches in diameter on the front, about three and a half feet up on the machine. It also had an antenna on top that had some sort of holographic globe on top of it, A hologram of the words "Fast Travel" were above the globe.

"That's a fast travel station, It allows us to instantly teleport to any other fast travel stations." Maya explained

"So the machine casts a long distance teleport spell on us?" Twilight asked

"Erm... Not exactly, let me ask you a question, have you ever heard of electricity?"

"Like the stuff lightning bolts are supposed to be made of?" Rainbow Dash replied, a confused look on her face as she tried to find a connection in her mind between teleporting and lightning, although she had no luck there.

"Okay, so they've never seen modern technology before, fine. Have you ever heard of a gun before today?" Axton asked. Contemplating how to explain how electricity and technology works, and then having the thought of telling them to just not question how it works, but he quickly pushed the thought out of his mind.

"Well, I'd heard the griffons had come up with something to that extent, but it isn't anything like the ones you use, and are only used for ceremonies, or a show of power, not for combat." Twilight said, the thought that the guns the griffons used also tended to explode when they fired also flew through her mind, although she decided against mentioning it.

"Oh great, these guys are accustomed to a world five thousand years in the past, and now we have to catch them up to speed." Axton said, sighing afterwards, a look of slight irritation on his face, but it only lingered for a second.

"You know, we could always dump that job on Tannis, She knows a whole lot more about it than we do. Plus the knowledge about how these things work isn't exactly needed to survive here, we really only need to teach them how to use them." Maya said, liking the idea of letting someone else do her work for her.

"Who the hay is Tannis?" Applejack asked, not liking the idea that there were soo many people in this 'Sanctuary' place that she'd have to meet and get used to before she could really get comfortable here.

"Tannis is a sociophobic scientist back in sanctuary, she has been studying the vault here and it's connection to eridium, the mineral that your purple orb that teleported you here was most likely made of, you can ask her any questions you have about the new technology at work on this planet, or the vault." Maya explained. "You'll get to meet her in a few minutes, once we get to Sanctuary."

"So are we just going to keep chatting away here, or are we gonna get going?" Axton said, ready to push the button on the fast travel station confirming their request to be teleported to fast travel location 'Sanctuary'.

"Yeah, let's get going, I'm getting tired of sitting in one spot" Rainbow Dash said.

"Okay then", Axton said, pressing the button. They all were atomically deconstructed, to be exactly reconstructed back at the sanctuary fast travel station.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry if I'm not exactly hitting Salvador on the dot here, never really played him, I also play tf2 a lot so i kind of adapted a little bit of his personality from the Heavy.