• Published 9th Aug 2013
  • 1,271 Views, 34 Comments

My Little Vault Hunter: Guns Are Magic. - Dapper Stache



The Mane six are called to look at Mysterious ruins Celestia has discovered, and get transported to Eridian ruins on Pandora, hilarity and adventure ensues.

  • ...
0
 34
 1,271

The Equestrian Vault

"Is this the chamber you told us about Celestia?", Twilight asked as the Mane six led by celestia approached a small opening in the side of a mountain.
"Yes, it is my dear student, I'd like you to figure out what it does, and report back to me when you are finished. I will return shortly, but for now i have business to attend to at Canterlot." and with that Celestia teleported away in a flash of bright light. leaving the Mane six alone to investigate the strange chamber. With that the group entered the cave, not quite knowing what to find. The inside of the cave was made up entirely of square blocks with strange glowing purple lines flowing through them and there was a large pyramid in the center of the room made up of smaller blocks than the walls. on top of the pyramid was six rather slender statues of humanoid shape all surrounding a purple orb levitating inside a beam of light leading from a cylinder in the floor to a cylinder in the ceiling. Pinkie instantaneously ran up to the orb.

"Ooh What's this? its glowing!"

Twilight groaned and said "Pinkie leave that alone, you don't know what you are do-" Twilight was inturrupted by a flash of purple light and her own consciousness slipping away.

"Ugh... My head" Twilight moaned as she got up off the floor of square stones.

"Huh, That's strange the stones aren't glowing anymoOOOHSWEETCELESTIA!" She exclaimed as she realized they weren't in the chamber anymore, but they were on top of a tower of square stones, much like the ones in the previous cave except these ones weren't glowing.

There were one or two of the slender humanoid statues nearby although a few looked ruined, and a few crumbling stone arcs spanning from the spire to a few small towers of the stones. There were what looked to be mine tracks, with a few mine carts nearby. Twilight looked behind the spire to see a large lake of a green bubbling liquid. She also saw a large Building made of metal and a tiny shack near it. There were dead trees littered about the landscape and above her was the ceiling of a cave, and a hole with metal support beams sticking out where it reached the surface. As the other mane six regained consciousness and were soon rendered speechless by their surroundings Twilight could only stare, mouth agape at the dark ruined landscape of the cave that lay before them.

"Is anypony else seeing this!?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Yep," Applejack said "I think we all see it, now are we gonna get moving or are we just gonna set here and stare?"

"Shh!" Rarity said

"What do yo-" Apple Jack halfway said before rarity interrupted her.

"SHH!!" Rarity hissed, "I think I hear voices!"

A few minutes of loud bangs later a group of four two legged tall beings about six feet high with lanky forearms and long legs, emerged from a warehouse by the shore of the acid lake.

"Are those... humans? But they are only legend! mythical creatures!" Twilight exclaimed to the other ponies.

"Well apparently not Twilight or they wouldn't be standing right there" Rainbow explained.

"Ugh, this place is dangerous, I was almost varkid food back there!" one of the humans yelled.

"Well, maybe if you'd taken out the larvae quicker we wouldn't be in this situation!" another complained.

"Stop fighting! Varkids still chasing us!" The bulkiest of the group said as a seven foot tall yellow insect emerged from the ground leaving a large molehill like pile of dirt where it had breached the surface.

The creature had two pairs of mandibles one next to it's mouth, and another above it's mouth slightly behind the others. The insect had wings and wing covers on it's midsection and a tail with a circular shaped thorax in the middle of it. The thorax had three glowing circles on each side. The insect's tail ended in a sharp point.

"Incoming!" one shouted as they all pointed what seemed to be some sort of rod with handles on the side that shot small projectiles of some kind at the insect.

The insect fought back by firing large balls of spit very rapidly at the group of creatures. One of the humans seemed to use some sort of magic to imprison the large insect in some kind of floating orb of darkness, much to The ponies' surprise as legend never said they could use magic, as many eqrestrian myths regarding them tended to state that they couldn't.

one of the humans threw down a small rectangular object then a robotic weapon sprang up from it and started firing the small projectiles at the bug. Another just swung around his sword, then appeared right behind the creature and stabbed it in the thorax, and with that the creature was felled. Rainbow Dash stared at the group with pure admiration of their bravery and strength as Fluttershy hid herself behind Rainbow Dash.

Only seconds after the last one a large group of the insects appeared from the warehouse, but these ones were only about four feet, and were green. The humans reacted by switching their weapons to different versions of the ones they had used before. these versions seemed to shoot green projectiles at the bugs that exploded into acid on impact and ate away at the bugs' natural armor. The creatures attacked by moving their four front legs into the air and swinging them before charging with impressive speed at the humans. The humans took these insects down much easier and quicker than the last one. One of the humans just threw a small ball at one of them and the insect promptly exploded and dropped one of the weapons the humans were using and a bar of the same mineral that the orb back at the chamber was made of! one of the humans grabbed the bar, and ignored the weapon. Just as they were about to kill the last of the insects a large tentacled creature with many eyes appeared and began swiping at the group with it's tentacles! The group promptly shot it in it's eyes and it soon limped over and fell back into the earth where it came from.

"Well, now that that's over with, now what the heck is "In the digger's shadow" supposed to mean?" one said, a puzzled look on his face

"I dunno, but seeing that this place used to be a mining facility it could be anywhere. Let's just keep going and see if we find anything." another one said.

"Sounds good to me!" the bulkier one said.

"Hello!" Twilight exclaimed "I hope I'm not interrupting anything but could you please help us down from here!?"

"Erm, is that purple horse talking to us, or am I just hearing things? Better yet, what are horses doing down here?" one asked the others.

"Yes, She is talking to you!" Rarity exclaimed,"Now get us DOWN FROM HERE!"

Author's Note:

Look, I know this is a short chapter, but it's kind of made to be short, just as a sample, i really want lots of feedback here on whether you guys like it or not, and any and all feedback is appreciated. If you guys like the story i'll continue it. if not, oh well, I guess i'll consider story writing a scrapped idea and stick to reading stories. I wrote this because I felt that writing stories would be a nice change of pace from reading them.