• Published 22nd Feb 2012
  • 1,377 Views, 7 Comments

Twilight sparkle and the secrets of the sacred library - Rainbow warrior



lots of different theories regarding the way both, the universe and equestria, work

  • ...
 7
 1,377

Chapter 2: The trials #1 (Twilight's Trial)

Chapter 2: the trials #1 (Twilight's trial)

(inspired by "the dark halls of pinkie" by yodudez567)

"W-what do you mean?" Twilight asked as she backed up in fear of the beings that stood before her.

The replica Twilight chuckled "Oh Twilight, don't you remember what I told you when you and I first met? I said that I go by many names and that I'm even you, but not necessarily. You see my dear, if you hadn't had a curiosity for the library; I wouldn't exist. I am...your demon counter-part, gluttony. I am unending hunger, the desire to have a hunger of whatever sorts quenched but beyond the point of satisfaction. I want more than just "enough" and it appears you do too."

Twilight's eyes went wide "No, that's impossible. How? I'm nothing like you."

"Is that so? Well then why is it that after your accomplishment, you desired to know even more? I'll tell you why, it's because you knew there had to be more. You wanted more and more, and your demon, that's me, was released. I was able to tempt and persuade you here when your mind was at it's most weakest. Hmph you mortal ponies are quite the inferior race, oh so gullible and easy to trick. I honestly don't like being your demon as I thought you above all ponies would be the hardest to control. But I was proven wrong and now you've let us free, but we can't have you running off can we? I think it's time for you to enter the place where ponies go if they fail in this life."

"Where’s that?" Twilight nervously asked, not actually wanting an answer. She stepped a few feet backwards not wanting to find out where it was that this demon was talking about.

"Oh I'm sure you know where it is they go. It's funny how you never believed in religion as I can tell you hell and demons are very much real, you're just about to be a witness. May Nightmare have mercy on your soul."

Twilight couldn’t take it anymore; she dashed for the exit but was stopped by the demon counterpart of rainbow dash. It flew in front of her, blocking her exit. She turned back and tried to run another way but when she did the demon counterpart of Fluttershy flew in blocking her exit from that side as well. Both of the counter-parts had devious smiles on their faces as they crept closer to Twilight.

"Get away from me, GET AWAY!" Twilight then emitted an aura from her horn to summon a spell, but before she did the demon counter part of rainbow dash has bucked her, sending her flying right back in front of her demon counterpart.

"HA! Did ya see that, I did that, me. The one and only rainbow dash. I bet you none of you could do that."

"Pride! Enough, sometimes I swear, I don’t even know why Nightmare chose you. And you are far from Rainbow dash you mindless waste of flesh!" Twilight's counterpart said to the counterpart of rainbow dash before looking back down at Twilight. A dark aura emitted from the counterpart's horn and a black mist encircled Twilight as she tried to move but couldn't because of her injury. The black mist swirled around her and the last thing she saw were the twisted smiles across the faces of her friend’s counter parts looking down at her, laughing at Twilight's confusion. Twilight couldn't see anything but black now and the darkness finally swallowed her.


Twilight eventually woke up to see that she was actually outside of the castle she entered, the sky looked the same way it did everything looked the same actually, she scanned everything she could to see if anything was out of the ordinary. Just then she realized, nopony was around and she was alone. Just then a voice whispered in her ear as though it were right there.

"Face your demon." the voice sent a chill down Twilight's back and Twilight called back out

"what, who are you? Hello?"

Twilight knew what it had said; she just wasn't entirely sure what it meant. She was about to transport to her house when a sudden force launched her violently and made her hit the brick wall hard with a loud smack. Twilight yelped in pain, she was disoriented but she was able to make out a black figure that approached her, she immediately knew who it was and almost fainted in her realization. It was nightmare moon, standing right before twilight and smile spread across her face

"Welcome to my domain Twilight Sparkle. Now to repay you for what you did to me so many years ago, I am going to have some fun with you and make sure that it will be long and delightful, for me of course."
Nightmare laughed before the scenery dissolved and faded into a black along with Nightmare herself, her laugh echoing in the back of Twilight's mind as this happened.

The scenery then changed into a long dark hallway, doors lining in rows. Where am I? Twilight thought to herself before she was interrupted by the sound of nightmare’s laughter coming from the end of the long hallway.

“I thought I had already told you, you’re in my domain. Some call it hell but to me, that would imply that there is suffering. Though that is true for the most part, I’m not the one suffering; I enjoy your pain hahahahahaaa.”

Twilight didn’t know what to do, she felt cornered like there was no other way out but to go and found out what was behind these mysterious doors. She tried to back up but when she did a pony that appeared to have lost its eyes screamed at her in a demonic howl, Twilight screamed and ran straight into the darkness with the creature following behind her. She quickly dashed into a nearby door and took refuge in the small room.

Once inside, she caught her breath and surveyed the area around her. It seemed familiar; she then realized where she was. It was the room of her old home. An image much like that of a projection screen appeared on the wall in front of her. It displayed Twilight as a young filly coming back home from school, she seemed to be upset about something

“You got a B on your magic test!? This is unacceptable and you know that, I knew that letting your mother convince me to let you spend time with your friends was a bad idea. You will NOT be seeing those so called “friends” of yours anymore.” The projection then went black and only the audio could be heard

“No dad, please...AGH! IM SORRY I DIDN’T MEA-STOP! PLEASE! NOOOO! STOP! MOMMY HELP!” Twilight had tears coming to her eyes, she remembered this of her fillyhood, this was the reason she strived for excellence. She was terrified of what her father would do if he found out that she was anything but the best. Another image appeared in front of her, it was during her early days in the princess’s magic school. It was also the day she was scheduled to her new subject she had to study, friendship. She then remembered the reason she was so reluctant to study this topic; even though her dad was gone at the time, she felt a burn in her soul every time she heard the word “friendship”. She was scared to make friends as she didn’t want her father to cause her anymore pain from wherever he was.

Twilight was now sobbing “Stop, please. I get it, leave me ALONE!” The projection then stopped and laughter echoed out from the room.

“Aww what’s the matter Twilight? Not having fun? Good.” The scenery dissolved again, and now she was trapped in a metal cage in what appeared to be a lair of some sorts. The walls were lined with rotted ponies, the smell of dead flesh invaded Twilight’s nostrils and she almost vomited from the horrible smell.

“Welcome Twilight, This is where you’ll be staying for the time being. But don’t worry you’ll have some company.” As Nightmare said this, a rotted pony corpse fell in front of Twilight with a loud *thud* Twilight screamed in horror and surprise. Its eyes were rolled over, its organs were rotted along with its skin, and some bone could be seen along with dried blood. Twilight looked at the pony closer and when she realized who it was, she let out a wail in misery. It was her mother.

“I wonder how long you can go without food.” This was the last thing nightmare said before laughing and leaving once more.


*author's note: Sorry it took so long guys I honestly didnt think this story would be that popular, well what I mean to say is; I didnt think anyone would like it, PERIOD!