• Published 29th Jul 2013
  • 529 Views, 3 Comments

Excerpts from the Luna War - Sapare



!Experimental! Over a thousand years before the events of MLP FIM Luna called herself sovereign from her sister. Celestia unwilling to face her own blood allows her bureaucracy to solve the problem. What starts with a sacrifice has to end with one.

  • ...
1
 3
 529

Wrath

I tried my best to hide the pain cursing through my body as I approached the radiating princess of the sun, not wishing to further distress her as her harsh expression made it clear she had already many things on her mind. Luckily those same things bothering her also seemed to make her oblivious to my pain and she simply smiled warmly as she greeted me.

"Come then Sarshine, it is clear that if anypony deserves be at my side during this moment, it is you." Celestia's beautiful voice rang from her muzzle, but there was an element of authority to it. She had been angered, and I was very glad not to be pony who had done so.

I would not dare object to my queen's orders and had no reason to, this was a moment to be proud of. I stood as tall as I could, the golden armor perfectly set onto my body and shimmering in the light. I trotted along her side, determined to see justice served.

We made our way into the council chamber I had entered once before, this time much better prepared for the surprised and startled onlookers as the doors were flung aside by obedient guards and Celestia strode into the hall. The ponies within must have known she was coming, it had been a meeting called by her request. However, to see her stern and disappointed look passing over each of them was not something that had anticipated.

The head councilor I had the pleasure of meeting only so recently looked at me with disbelieve and fear for a moment before quickly averting his gaze onto Celestia, his expression stone cold.

"My Queen! You look much health--"

He stopped, silenced as Celestia without a word brought the hoof down on the stone slap she was occupying with enough force to send a crack down the center.

"Silence you traitor!"

Her voice rang now with only passion and anger, so loud and strong that even I had to flinch away. She spread her wings, the shadow they cast covering me completely, and continued.

"I have uncovered your conspiracy, and substantial evidence of all of your involvements! You have not only betrayed my dear sister Luna and I, but also your fellow kin."

Somehow as she spoke it felt as if the room itself grew hotter and then suddenly her horn began to glow, a small image of the sun forming in the center and slowly becoming larger and more pronounced.

"Under your schemes have not only died my and Luna's subjects, but also the morality of Equestria. I ask you now, why!?"

The sun grew even larger and for a moment I felt as if the furr on my skin would catch fire, and then suddenly the heat disappeared and I could feel Celestia's wing wrap around my side. Noises of discomfort and pain rang across the hall for only a few moments and then things dimmed down again, the bright sun slowly fading and the other ponies either crumbling to the floor outright or grasping to whatever support they could find. Their leader spoke out, his voice exhausted and hoarse.

"M...queen... we made a mistake! We never wished to... entice your wrath..." The other ponies looked utterly terrified as they struggled with what had happened mere moments ago, "B..but Equestria will never accept... two rulers... we, your subjects... YOU are our queen."

As he spoke I could feel a shiver run across Celestia's body, and through the wing covering me, for a moment it clenched and squeezed my side. I knew what she was thinking, what she had always been thinking, it was always her fault. The other pony looked over at the goddess of the sun, despair in his eyes.

"Luna is not fit to rule! She never was! You are the only goddess Equestria needs! Please do not punish us for trying to free us of a mare tha---"

Suddenly Celestia burst out a scream filled with agony and anger and sun reappeared so brightly and vividly infront of my eyes that they burned with pain and I was forced to look away. There were no screams of agony this time, no pony could survive the heat forced onto this fool and his ilk.

Even through goddess's protective wing I could feel the heat, and then it vanished as quickly as it had been summoned. There was complete silence as neither Celestia nor I knew what to say, till I felt her's wing withdraw from my side and I once more dared to open my eyes. The room around me was blackened from the intense heat it had endured.

I could hear a soft whimpering beside me, the sound so utterly weak and frail that I refused to accept that it had come from my queen, and yet when I looked toward the source of the sound there was only one pony beside me. Celestia stood there, her eyes closed and her body shivering with pain and emotions I could not dare to imagine. I stood there petrified, unsure what to say or do, to comment her for her actions or pity her for what she had to endure.

And then, Celestia turned he head toward me, her eyes opening to reveal tears she had tried to hide, tears an alicorn was assumed never to shed. She spoke, her voice shaken but stern.

"I am the traitor! It was my side that refused to let go of the past grievances, that refused to accept Luna! I never deserved to rule Equestria, I do not have the strength of my sister!"

The white mare let her head drop down and she turned toward the exit of the chamber.

"This war is over, I will surrender myself to Luna and restore peace to Equestria, or whatever Luna wishes to call it now."

Without giving me time to formulate a responds she walked out of the room, the guards at the door were so paralyzed by the sight of their princess so defeated that they said nothing. Deep in my mind I was cursing myself for having no answers to give my queen. We had proven Luna's innocence and drawn out the true traitors, but Celestia would never forgive herself for letting this conflict escalate as it did.

I could only hope now that Luna was as wise and strong as Celestia believed, and that she would forgive our mistake.