• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 695 Views, 3 Comments

CSF: Beginnings - XeRom



Celestia, gathering together the surviving alicorns, creates a special forces unit.

  • ...
 3
 695

Beginnings

Being an alicorn is hard. Most other ponies have it easy, but not me. Ever since I was born I've been different, not just physically but mentally. In school the other kids would shun me and taunt me, teasing me about just being different. I got into fights a lot, almost all of which I won. The only fight I ever lost was when all of the other colts in class ganged up on me and even then I gave them a run for their money. The only thing that got me was when they all jumped on me, beating on me from above, immobilizing me. That's why I always felt different, my natural ability to fight, to survive.
My name is Aces, and I'm an alicorn. My coat is dull copper in color, with a green and black striped mane. Ever since I was young I was separated from my parents. The earliest thing I remember is living on the streets of Manehatten, fighting for survival. Then one day, I was picked up by an orphanage. They raised me, taught me how to use my unicorn powers and how to fly. Even then I excelled past all of the others, I was always different. They say alicorns have more natural talent for flight and magic than other ponies, I guess they were right.
Soon after the orphanage I was adopted by an earth pony family. My adopted father and mothers names were Morganite Feather(father) who made custom quills, and my mother Obsidian Brilliant, who was a rare gem finder. I won't say they weren't good parents, because they were, but I never felt close to them. Most of the day they were out on work, so I just did the things I did when a very young colt, wandered the streets.
One day while I was out exploring after school(I had just gotten suspended from another fight)I was walking around Central Park to clear my thoughts when a pony with golden armor, a white coat, and a blue mane came up to me.
The first thought through my head was, 'Oh god, it's one of the Royal Guards, I must of done something really bad this time, I'm screwed.' That couldn't be closer to the truth.
He approached me with a booming voice, "Young colt, We have been watching you for some time and from our observations it has appeared to us that you are more than qualified for what we are looking for."
I could only look at him with the most dumbfounded look on my face, I stammered mouth agape, "W-w-w-what are you looking for?"
He spoke loudly again, in what I interpreted as an attempt to intimidate me, "I cannot discuss that with you at this time. I have been instructed to take you back to Canterlot to have a private council with the Princess.”
At this my eyes widened even further. Me? To have a private council with the princess? This must be something big.
My heart soared. I was finally leaving this place, but one thing still nagged at my mind. "Sir, what about my foster parents? They'll be awfully worried if I'm not home in time for supper.”
The big stallion cracked a grin, "Oh nothing to worry about there son, we have left proper notification with them and they are aware of your departure."
My shoulders loosened at this. Good, I thought, they know. Now it's time to get down to business. Nodding my head, "Okay, I'll go with you."
With a brisk nod, he turned away, heading towards a golden chariot where another Royal Guard was hitched, "Follow me kid, your life is about to change."
He was right, it would change, further and more deeply than I could ever foresee at my young age. And boy was I not ready for that change.