• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 498 Views, 11 Comments

Darkness Rise Blink - Infamous IF



"When death came into your life and looked you in the eye, you blinked."

  • ...
 11
 498

One bad day...

Prologue
Brim Shade's POV

As Vinyl and I made our way out through the back exit, laughing and swaying along down the back alley. I was the happiest stallion alive. Vinyl had chosen me over that mother bucker who had tried to steal her from me. As we had made our way to the nearby street. I looked over to her, and smiled. I closed the distance between us with a kiss. Soon after we broke apart I gave a smile. She smiled back.
"What's so funny?" She asked.
"Oh you know. Just looking at the most beautiful mare in the world." I spoke truthfully, causing her cheeks to flush an awkward shade of red.
"Don't act like I can't say the same for you." She replied.
"Well either we're heading to one of our houses we'll see each-"
"HEY! YOU TWO! GIVE ME ALL YOUR BUCKING BITS!" An unknown pony called out from behind a dumpster. Soon he came out from behind his recent hiding spot. Holding a... nothing. no sort of weapon. I couldn't help but give a small chuckle at his feeble attempt of a crime.
"Look buddy, I'll give you one chance to get out of here before I kick you Into next week." I warned.
Then he returned my amused smile.
"Ya know what, you're right. I think I'll just leave." And then In a magic flash, he was gone.
"Wow, that was exiting." I stated. Then I turned back to Vinyl. She was dead. Knife In her back and her bits and valuables gone. I fell over In shock. I scrambled over to her. Then the water works started.

7 hours later

As I waited the hall way, police asking local characters certain questions, mostly Ignoring me, knowing I wouldn't be much help In my current state. Then Acid approached me. His cold stare burning holes In my mind. I knew he wouldn't speak until I looked him In the eye, which to this, day was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I expected him to say something along the lines of 'It's all your fault' or 'you didn't deserve her,' Instead I got...
"I... WILL NEVER... EVER FORGIVE YOU." He stated coldly. And then I got the worst of the bunch. He leaned In close and whispered...
"If she was alive, SHE would never, forgive you!" That one hurt. "She picked you over me out of pity!" That was a LIE! Then he said It...
"She never loved you."

6 Hours later

I sat on my haunches, In the police office. Soon after the Interrogative pony came Into the room. After numerous unanswered questions on the murder of Acid Booker, he gave up. I was still In shocked at what had happened. All that I remembered was Acid saying some bad things and then I blacked out. They later returned with visual and verbal evidence. It all pointed towards me murdering Acid, brutally. And If I-Know-Who has anything to do with It then I've got more trouble. Eventually they simply gave up and sent me Into a cell block. I stayed there In solitary for Celestia knows how long.

1 month later

As my body began to rot In prison as did my mind, I let the all the dark thoughts enter my mind. I found that It wasn't my fault, It was that mother bucking murderer. It was ALL the criminals In the world. I knew what I had to do once I got out of here, I would kill that little bucker.

7 months later

I gave up. I let all of the dark thoughts In. Besides, I had no happy thoughts anymore. At this point I didn't care. I'm done.

2 weeks later

As I lay down on my make shift bed, I heard the often Ignored but unmistakable metallic sound of a cell block door opening. The clip clop sound of hooves making their way towards me. I was a the tiniest bit curious of who It was.
"I know your awake Brim. Now get off of your sorry flank and look at me."
Dark Shield. I thought that It'd be fun to humor him.
"So what do want with a murder like me?" I asked.
"I don't, we do. We all do." I cocked an eyebrow at him as I rolled my body towards his.
"Your bucking brother's here and he's not gonna stop killing and destroying the town until we take you to him. I would assume that he'll kill you and to perfectly honest I don't care If he takes you to Tartaurs and back. S'long as he leaves, I don't care about what happens to you." I thought about this for a second. Until I finally stood on all four of my haunches. Then slowly trudging towards him, as I reached him I looked him In the eyes.
"So I'm the murderer when you kill everyday?" I said coldly.
He returned the glare with just as much venom but without the amused playfulness.
"I don't kill friends and don't kill unless It has a purpose." He flared.
"Oh yes, you and your feather brained Brony are still fighting a dead war that never existed." I returned.
"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HIM!" He screamed. I could have sworn that he would have killed me right then and there If he hadn't needed me. "He... He was one of the first to die when Stellar Shock got here and started demanding he find you." I leaned In close and whispered...
"Now who's killing without purpose?" He stared down to find his blades had been unsheathed and ever so slightly broke the skin of my lower neck. As soon It was seen It was gone. As the blood slowly dripped to the floor, his blade and eyes readjusted to their previous position.
"Why not." I stated. As he wordlessly turned and motioned for me to follow. "So who took up the mantle?" He turned and raised an eyebrow at me. "Who put on the cape In his pace?"
"No one yet. Now drop It." He stated coldly.
"Why? I've been locked up so long I don't even know If a gay relationship Is still Illegal." I said jokingly.
"Actually It Isn't." He replied.
"Oh great!" I said excitedly. After I'm done with all of this I'm gonna play cupid!
After about a good 5 minuets of trotting, we made our way to the exit of the prison. Now time for me to meet my bro...

2 Hours later.

We made our way to Ponyville square. That's were I had my little pony reunion. The remains of our little team hung low behind dead ponies, destroyed houses... trenches.
"WHERE IS HE?! BRING HIM TO ME!" Stellar Shock. I didn't need to do anything to save these pitiful ponies. I did want to kill this mother bucker though.
"Here I am you pile of hay!" I shouted. He turned his head. And a smile formed on his face.
"So you listened to father's pleas after all?" He questioned.
"More like Invited Into my home." I said amused. The others seemed to have been more confused than anything In the world.
"You let him take control?!" He deadpanned.
I gave nothing but a smirk. "Actually to be accurate, I more Invited him Into my home, stabbed him In the back and took all his valuables." His stare broke holes In my mind. Then he flew Into me with a force faster than a sonic rainboom. In fact, I'm pretty sure he reached the speed to create one In 2 seconds flat. As the dust settled, he found my form. Then using his magic granted by our previously lived father, let loose all of his energy. Little did he know that to me... magic... doesn't... work! I let out a sigh.
"Thanks for that recharge bro." I said lifting myself off of the newly born crater. "You know, those are some pretty nice wings." I said with a smile. His expression was priceless. Pure unadulterated horror. Before he could fly off, I used his own magic against him. As his signature golden lightning overly pulsed his heart. As I watched his body convulse, I listened to his screams of pain. Music to my ears. I stared down his armor for a sharp weapon, pulled out his sword and with one quick slash, cut off both of his large wings. The blade swiftly cut through his thin bones connecting his body and wings. Pints of blood soon turning to gallons. Soon his extremely over beating heart burst, literally. He was dead. Super dead.
The others slowly made their way towards me. Zildajan was the first to respond to my acts.
"What... the buck... was that!" He said nearly In a shout. I smiled and turned towards him.
"You see there are going to be a few changes here. First off; If your going to be In our Mane Six... or Mane Four I should say, then your going to kill who I say, when I say It. Secondly, I'm In charge now. Thirdly, we're not going to abide by the law, In fact, we're going to take our part In this government. And fin-" I was cut off before I could finish my sentence.
"Wait a minute." Dan spoke up. "We're finally stepping up. Because I can dig that." He said In a pleased tone.
"He's not In charge!" Dark Shield spoke out.
"Why not?" Dan retorted. "I mean he could have done that when Stellar got here two weeks ago and a hay of a lot less ponies would be dead right now."
"I have to agree with Dan and Brim here." Zildajan commented.
"I can't believe that you two are even considering this right now!" Dark shouted.
"Well maybe Dark just needs a little break from regime leadership for a while. I mean, come on he's been though a lot of stress, Ponyville's been destroyed, his brother's dead and to top It all off..." The smallest smirk appeared on my nuzzle. "He tried to kill me." The others turned towards him. Shouts and accusations being though through the air back and forth.
"So!" I shouted abruptly. "Who will join me?" I asked.
Zildajan was the first to step up to the plate.
"I guess I'm In take a look at the new management." He stated plainly.
Second was Dan.
"I think that's It's about bucking time." His voice holding a tone of annoyance.
Dark never gave In.
"I can't BUCKING BELIEVE THIS! How clueless can you be?!" At this point he might as well have been on his knees begging.
The other two stared. Then he turned his back on us. And walked away.
"Well I'm happy with the results." I stated truthfully.
"Yeah... sure." Dan said, looking after Dark.
"Oh yeah. I almost forget If we're going to take charge, then we'll need better names." I announced.
"I call dibs on Zyrax!" Demanded Zild- I mean Zyrax.
"I guess I'll go with something like..." Dan thought for a moment. "Dino." Dino... I like It.
"What's your new name gonna be?" Dino and Zyrax said In unison.
I thought for a moment and then I knew.
"My name... Is Grim Shadow."

Author's Note:

Sorry If I have missed pronounced whatever they call pony hell. P.S. That Is actually the deepest circle of hell/ the deepest part of the underworld In Greek mythology. Anyway this Isn't the proper place for me to geek out. FYI this sure as hell Isn't my first story but It Is my first posted story. Sorry for so many damn OCs. I will later make more compelling stories for and Including some or more of the same characters. Anyway comment on how you like and/or dislike this chapter. Constructive criticism Is allowed and thanked.