• Published 11th Aug 2014
  • 2,020 Views, 11 Comments

All Things Come To Be Loved And Lost - TLC



It has been months since the relationship between Spike and Rarity bloomed and became known to all in Ponyville...

  • ...
3
 11
 2,020

Chapter One- "I Search, But The Words Just Won't Come"


A book hit the ground with a thud, followed by another.

And another and another, and so on.

Hard covered novels, dictionaries, and encyclopedias alike hit and slid across the hardwood floors of The Golden Oaks library. The rooms were dark, bookshelves lined these walls and towered above the exasperated young mare, skimming through sections of every book in search of assistance. A simple definition or phrase.

Something to help her understand. Something to calm the unnerving, uneasy thoughts plaguing her mind as of late. As of several months.

Two months, six weeks and twenty seven days to be exact...her own memorization of the length of her time of insanity troubled her further into her search.

More books flew over her buzzing head, her dark violet locks with a single pink streak twitched at the breeze the books gave her. Her tired eyes moved with unhealthy pace, the whites of them broken with the blood red cracks of veins and a light hue of pink surrounding her lavender irises.

Their appearance brought on by the increasing madness she was causing herself. She didn't mind her own appearance as of late, her lavender fur and before mentioned mane unkempt, her diet unsatisfied, and her sleeping habits hardly existent.

Twilight Sparkle has been beside herself on this search for these past two months.

Of course, not straight. Her search was always interrupted by the usual culprits. Friends, locals in search for a book and didn't shy from visiting the troubled mare, even a certain drake whenever he wasn't busy with his own things would return every other week or so to check up on his boss and closest friend.

Friend. Friend. The word stalled the slightly crazed librarian for a moment, flaring her nostrils and gritting her teeth slightly. Her mind was a mess of cobwebs, the combined information gained from each book being discarded in a growing pile behind her, and the frantic beating thoughts of her aching heart.

Wait a minute, wait a minute now. Aching? It wasn't aching. Where did that come from?

It was just...she was coming down with a sickness lately.

Yes, of course. A sickness that affects the breathing patterns and-body temperatures! The sweat glands and-

It didn't matter. For deep down she knew it was no mere sickness, and it was no simple remedy she searched for in every book in the pile in the center of the room.

The Golden Oaks library sat in foreboding light, standing still and calm from the outside. Not many entered nor left in quite sometime, but others could still hear sounds within, bangs and thuds. On other occasions, it stood still. In eerie silence, but all was left be. No one questioned the sudden disappearance of the unicorn, one of the most prestigious ponies in Ponyville.

She grumbled, shutting her eyes tight in frustration. The three books levitating around her suddenly lost their magenta aura and fell simultaneously around her, her body shaking lightly.

Twilight sat there in the dark of the library, the only light came from the window from upstairs, only casting sunlight onto the piles of books and away from her.

She cursed this, this feeling. It was her own fault, she couldn't keep away, it was her own kindness that got her to this point. That pushed it away...him away.

"Nonsense!" She suddenly exclaimed, then shot her eyes around the room in search of any on lookers.

"Nonsense..." She again, but this time in a whisper. "I'm just...having another block!"

She stood up, stretching her hooves and then walking over to the lone couch. "Or-or maybe I'm not feeling well! All this dust from the books, could have caused my allergies to go rampant!"

She laid down on the couch, facing the ceiling. Moments of silence passed...

Scrunching her muzzle, feeling the stinging in her eyes. "P-Ponyfeathers..."

Her hooves wrapped around herself, her jaw aching as her lips quivered slightly. She needed...something. Whatever the something was she needed it in heavy doses. But why now? And in such a dramatic fashion is she needing it? She hugged herself tighter as she turned over on the couch, facing the fire place. She shut her eyes and thought back to before all this, before he...

She turned herself over once more, her resolve cracking under the immense weight of her own heart.

The door bell rung, ringing the insanity out of Twilight's mind for the time being. She quickly sat up from the couch and marched towards the door but stopped. She turned to gaze about the room, books littered the floor, several dishes sat about and around her desk, and the books left on the shelves leaned and had fallen out of order.

Quickly she used her magic to right the books into their spots, along with collecting all the dishes she had left behind the past few days and leading them into the kitchen.

When all looked as neat as she could, Twilight made her way to the front door and opened it with her best smile.

"Hi, Twilight." Fluttershy smiled, her flowing pink mane falling over one side of her face just before she pushed it aside and smiled.

"Heya, Twilight." Applejack greeted the unicorn with her classic southern drawl, though stopped short when she and the others saw the bags resting under her friend's eyes, the slight failing in her expression.

"H-Hey, Applejack. Fluttershy." Twilight failed at meeting her friend's enthusiasm, though held her best to hold a genuine smile at seeing a friend after so long in solitude. "How are you all this afternoon?"

Applejack leaned in. "Twilight, how long have you been in your library?"

"Four days, fourteen hours and seven minutes." Twilight answered, surprising her friends including herself.

"Oh my..." Fluttershy worried.

Applejack sighed. "Sugarcube, is this about what Ah think it's about?" She asked, her frown deepening as a closer examination of her friend shows the pink hue and red cracks in the whites of her eyes. "And be honest, Twi. Ah'm not the best liar, but neither are you."

Twilight heard the concern in her friends' voice and fought the urge to roll her eyes. "Girls, I'm-"

"Twi." Her nickname being drawn out slow in Applejack's voice, and the worrisome look in Fluttershy's eye suddenly found the crack in the wall she built before the county pony, and thus brought her to dip her head and sigh in defeat.

Twilight shrugged, her gaze met the ground. "Something's wrong with me."

Applejack rolled her eyes, a friendly smile spread across her lips as she brought the near dramatic unicorn into a hug. "Aw, Twi! There ain't nothin' wrong about ya!" She pulled away. "Come on, let's head over to the farm. Ah'll pour us all some cider and we'll talk this out."

"Oh, I don't know..." Twilight said, turning back to the dark insides of her home.

Applejack frowned. "Twilight, it's unhealthy to keep yourself locked up like this." She laid a hoof on the frazzled unicorn's shoulder. "I'm here for ya, we all are. Please?"

Twilight turned back to her friends, each baring smiles holding hope. She let out a sigh, stroking down her mane with a hoof. "Oh, alright."

"Good." Fluttershy smiled, standing besides Twilight. "And, um, maybe I can help you with your mane."

Twilight tried to stifle the small giggle but failed. Being lead away from her home by her friends, Twilight took a deep breath and set asides her troubles for the time being.

Though doubt still sat in her heart.


----



As Equestria beckoned the night, a lone figure leaned outside The Carousel Boutique. His emerald eyes scanning the twinkling shimmering stars, his arms crossed and a content smile on his lips.

He breathed in the night air deep, before letting it out in a slow satisfied sigh.

Spike couldn't be happier. The past several months brought him nothing but joy, the joy he could say he used to only dream of. His heart no longer lost or a toy, but owned. His love was recognized, and he couldn't be more satisfied.

"Spikey, darling?"

Spike turned away from the night's deep sky and towards the boutique's front door, where a half lidded smiling unicorn leaned against its door frame. She stood wearing a violet robe, a hoof resting at her flank while she stared at the drake.

"Are you going to keep this mare waiting all night?" She said, her elegant and sultry voice like music to the dragon's ears.

Spike smiled, chuckling. "Coming, love."