• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 3,744 Views, 48 Comments

My little Boss: Snake is magic - WardenGage



Legend, hero. These are things Snake heard when he met with the president. He hated the title of "Big Boss" but would have to live with it. He would soon learn to accept these titles and show how he deserves them when faced with a new threa

  • ...
19
 48
 3,744

Snake's Den

It had been one week since Operation: Snake Eater, and killing his mentor. One week since snake aquired the philosophers legacy, killed Volgin, and destroyed the shagohod. He now sat in his home, staring at the legacy. The philosophers legacy was ammased money from world war 2. Snake picked it up and examined it for about the 300th time, thinking there it some special code, or lock, hell maybe even a key. Not just money. Once again, nothing he noticed. Sighing, Snake got out a cigar and a match.

He inhaled and exhaled, he preferred cigars to cigarettes, but would smoke the occasional cig. He was the only one who would know what the Boss, his mentor who defected to the soviet union, did. Not as a traitor, but as a true patriot. Setting the holocard on the table, Snake stared at the ceiling. After being awarded, he resigned from the FOX unit and spent his time basically idle. Soon after figuring out that his contact, EVA, wasn't with who he thought. She was working for the people's republic of china, and was to kill him and anyone who knew of the legacy. But she didnt, because he knew about the bosses true mission.

What was he supposed to do with his life? He had no one to turn to, no thing to turn for, and no reason to turn away. He lost all he cared about, and was in no state to ask for favors. In the peoples eyes, he was a " Hero", but in the governments eyes, he was the perfect cover-up for the US's "mistake". Snake idly rubbed the eyepatch over his right eye. He had become so used to being partially blind and acted as if nothing was wrong. In his life, he was just another soldier, not a hero or anything of the like. And oh was that about to change.

Snake stood up and stepped outside to get fresh air.
"Huh......" Snake grunted to himself, "How long was I sitting there?" Talking to himself had become the most common thing he did, besides stare at the legacy. "Need to get out more." And at that, he stepped back inside. Putting a shirt on, Snake went to grab the legacy, only to see it moved to a side table. Walking over to it, he saw that the device was vibrating. Picking it up, he felt a shock go through his entire body and he couldn't let go of it. No way to free himself of the extreme pain, he soon found himself falling over.

____________

Elsewhere

Twilight Sparkle was taking a leasurley stroll through the ponyville park, a place where other than the library, she could find peace and quiet. Most of the time. When the CMC weren't so obsessed with getting their cutiemarks, or pinkie's constant babbling about nonsensical things. But it was pinkie being pinkie, and that was normal. For her, today was a normal day in equestria. Same sky, same library, same friends, and same studies. She needed something new to do. For her, anything would be fair game. Ponyville didn't really get new ponies all that often, so she saw the same ponies every day(with the occasional stranger) and had always asked her mentor, Princess Celestia, if there was other life on some distant planet. She usually got the response of "we will know sooner or later. Until then, why dont you look into..." that was the basis of the answer.

She sighed to herself. Some days it was very slow and rather dull. Save her friends talking about recent events or in her friend Rarity's case, dress designs. She was the smartest in their little group. She was also the element of magic. One of six elements, the others were to her friends and their personalities.

She reveled in research and logic. She also liked to prove the unexplainable, which caused personal injury and the fact that pinkie can't be explained with logic. Of any form.

__________________

Snake regained conscious and was falling through a black void, legacy falling next to him. He could almost make out music being played, but wasn't sure. "What the hell is going on?!" He yelled, only receiving an echo. Then he heard it, a voice he knew all to well.
"Jack? I'm no longer your boss..." The bosses voice echoed through the endless fall.
"Boss? Boss!" Snake could imagine her saying that her. It hurt him because he cared for her, and he killed her. He killed her for a government to prove its innocence in the virtuous mission and her defection. He felt a tear well up, only for it to go in front of his face. In the tear he saw himself, standing above her grave, saluting.

Then he landed, or woke up, by his position. He was lying on a forest floor. He sat up and rubbed his face. He then stood up, which caused him to get a look at what he was wearing. He was wearing his olive camo, and upon investigation, had all of his gear from the operation.
"Why do I have all this?" Snake said to himself. He thought it best to get a scope of his surroundings. He looked up to see no way past the foliage, the trees were too thick to squeeze through, so he settled with the next best option, picking a direction and going. He chose to head to his east. Getting into a prone, he blended into his surroundings, noticing olive green wasn't the best idea for the present situation. He went through his camo's before settling for the Fears camo. The Fear was with Volgin and Snake had fought him with only his Mk. 22 and stun grenades. Remembering he had all of his weapons, he drew his tranquilizer pistol and his knife.

He held his knife along the left hand grip so he could go from shooting to CQC easier than drawing his knife from its holster. Only problem was that the Mk. 22's slide would lock after each shot and he would have to manually chamber each shot by racking the slide. This wasn't with his other handgun, which was a heavily customized and masterfully forged m1911w/suppresser. He always chose non-lethal over the more deadly options.
Snake was loaded with guns and supplies, so he was set along with his wilderness survival training. He was. After all, the best.
"Now, time to find out where I am" Snake thought, crawling east in his special camo.

Snake had been crawling for what felt like hours, which wasn't that off from the actual time. He could tell that darkness was falling, even though the forest itself was dark. Snakes eye adjusted rather well to the shift in light. He decided to swap camo's once more. This time to the sorrows camo and a black face paint so he would be barely visible to any foot soldiers, if any at all. After about another few hours of crawling in the dirt, he reached a dirt path. It led two ways, he could turn right or left. He didn't have the slightest clue about which way a town would be.

"Perfect, two more directions, no clue about either way..." Snake sighed. Another choice. Snake cursed his luck and turned left. Hopefully he went the right way.

______________________

It was dead night when fluttershy noticed one of her animals was missing from their home. This worried the yellow pegasus, who cared dearly for her animals. She lived on the outer limits of the everfree forest. As she trotted along the path, she could hear a soft rustling.

"Angel? Angel bunny, is that you?" Fluttershy called out to the noise. The response was silence. Then more rustling. "Angel come ou-" she was cut short as a bear came waltzing out. Fluttershy looked at the bear and then heard somepony shout "Get down!"

When she turned to the source, she saw nothing, then she saw a creature that resembled the stance of a diamond dog, but wasn't because this was a ways away from their caves.

"Didn't you hear me? Get down!" This creature suddenly stood in front of her, it was very tall and she could see its fur was a black color which helped with camoflouge in dark areas. She could see it had a knife, and she said "Don't hurt him! He's nice, I promise!"
That caused the creature to turn around and get a better look at the small pony.

"Um, are you ok? Do you need shelter?" she could see it was obviously not from around the area. "Yeah, I could use a place to rest..." it sounded uncertain.

"Um ok, just follow me." she could see it nod "Oh! But I need to find Angel."

"Angel?" it asked.

"Yes, he's a small white bunny, have you seen him?" Fluttershy said behind her mane.

"A white rabbit... I did see a white rabbit," it pointed over to where it came from and standing there was a very impatient
Angel bunny.

"Oh thank you so very much! Now if you'll follow me." Fluttershy turned around and glanced back to see the bear looking at the creature. "Come on, Mr. Bear." the bear followed by the other thing.
As they reached her cottage, the bear branched off to a pen and waltzed right through. She continued into her house before turning around and passing out at the sight of the creature.

____________________

Snake rushed forward as the yellow pony collapsed. He quickly set her down on the nearby couch. All of the animals looked at him. A creature they had never seen before. He turned back to the pony and saw wings on its mid-upper back. Definately not in any anatomy books he'd ever read. The mare, had three butterflies on her flank. A type of symbol? He didn't know and on top of that, he was tired. Sliding down a nearby wall into a sitting position, he drifted off into sleep. This was his first encounter and first day. And he could guess it wouldn't be his last.

Author's Note:

The entire chapter was typed on an Ipod.
Metal Gear Solid is property of Konami
mlp:fim is property of hasbro.