• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 1,790 Views, 71 Comments

For the Good of All of Us. - Caps_Luna



Hello and again welcome to the Aperture Science computer aided Enrichment Center (Crossover portal )

  • ...
2
 71
 1,790

Chapter 0004 into the Aperture!

Chapter 0004

=============================================

Hello, and welcome to the Aperture Science computer aided enrichment center. If you were not aware before, this facility is currently in a state of severe emergency. Although an Aperture Science emergency information associate has yet to issue a semi-official statement on this facility wide emergency, this protocol was activated shortly after an Inter Dimensional facility transfer. However, do not panic. An apocalyptic emergency protocol has been activated, and these prerecorded messages will guide you in your adventure through the enrichment center, so that science can still be done, even in the advent of social, political, economic, environmental, or structural collapse. If you are a native inhabitant of this dimension who does not understand this message due to linguistic barriers, God help you.

=============================================

---

This sucks,” Scootaloo thought as she pushed forward on the mop for what felt like the zillionth time. Funny thing about a fire, you don’t think It would do that much damage besides burning stuff, however even a small one gets soot and smoke stains everywhere. Scootaloo had decided to take on the soot that had condensed on the floor. Sweetie Belle took the smoke stains on the ceiling, as being Rarity’s sister had taught her a thing or thirty about battling the vial menace of stains. Apple Bloom took on the walls, which weren’t in that bad of shape, and all her bed, luckily Apple Bloom didn’t keep most of here possessions in her room lest the whole cleaning process take even longer than it already had. Fortunately, said process was drawing to a close.

“For Celestia’s sack, we’ve ‘we’ve spent two hours at this!” Apple Bloom lamented while feather dusting the walls.

“I know it’s been two hours! That’s two hours we could have spent Crusading with Rick.” Scootaloo muttered through the broom handle in her mouth.

“Sack?” Sweetie Belle asked confusedly atop a ladder the trio had erected so as to reach the smoke stains. Her weapons of choice were a bottle of Ka-blam magical stain remover (sponsored by Billy Mares) and a wet sponge.

“Yah Celestia’s sack, Ah’ hear the grown up ponies say it all the time,” The Earth Filly explained.

“I think you mean sake,” the little white unicorn explained while blasting another smoke stain with the full aerosol wrath of Billy Mares.

“really, cause I am pretty sure they were talkin’ bout this burlap sack that Celestia has, and...”

“that’s ridiculous.”

“Hey, point is we need to finish this thing up, not argue,” Scootaloo interjected. "Maybe arguing really is our special talent," she mused.

“We weren't arguing. I was simply correcting here,” Sweetie Belle stated.

“Yah we were,” the Apple Bloom argued.

“No we weren’t

“Yes we were.”

“No we weren’t”

“Yes we were.” After making the last point the yellow filly turned around and gazed at her flank. “Aww still no arguing Cutie Mark.”

‘This thing again?” The alabaster unicorn remarked.

“Hey off topic. So lets get cleaning, then we need to figure out what to do about that hole.” the orange pegasus said.

All three fillies groaned, even Scootaloo, as they got back to work.

=====================================================

Remember to adhere to all Aperture Science facility transfer procedures until an Aperture Science foreign affairs specialist or false automatic alarm technician terminates this protocol. Please remember to pick up your own personal copy of Russian Life, a Foreigners Guide or any other applicable literature from your assigned Aperture Science post-transfer integration associate.

=====================================================

Princess Luna trotted down the halls of the Canterlot royal palace holding Wheatley the personality core in her deep blue telekinetic aura. Somehow the little sphere had found a way to turn himself within her telekinetic grip, despite laking the appendages or manipulation of magic that would normally be required to do so. Wheatley was certainly using this ability, as he was constantly moving to look at everything and everypony the duo passed by. Luna noticed, that with the sphere, twice the amount of palace staff looked shocked to see her. Nopony asked any questions though; it wasn't their place to question a princess after all, even if that princess, for some reason, had a robot with her.

"Wow this place is huge! " the blue eyed core exclaimed excitedly. " It would be great to be king, oh wait we already tried that. So anyway, do your parents own the whole palace?"

"No, my parents hath died millennia ago," Luna stated coldly, recalling a rather gruesome unpleasant memory.

"Oh, well if it makes you feel any better some of my best friends are orphans," Wheatley said with a note of genuine sympathy in his voice.

"If thou art wondering who is queen and king, that would be nopony." The alicorn shifted her thoughts away from the past by mentally wondering about Wheatley. "Does he even have parents? Are these best friends cores or these humans he hast no ceased speaking of? What dost his planet look like? Do they have fun where he comes from? "

"Well if there is no King and Queen then how are you a princess?"

"My sister and I rule together, neither one of us wanted to use the word queen."

"Oh wow you rule the whole damn country then. Well technically its half the country, I guess. But anyway I never thought you were the flippin' co-head of state! I mean what are the chances that I fall down on one of the two most powerful beings on this planet?" Luna decided not to point out that she had guided his fall to her. "So princess lets get started on that manual data transfer!" Wheatley then went silent as if expecting Luna to begin something.

"Uhhhhh," was all the midnight blue alicorn managed at first. "Data transfer? Data transfer? what in the sorrel hells is a data transfer? Data was information. So logically a data transfer should be something close to a story right?

"You remember the whole 'you tell me about ponies and yourself, I tell you and your sister about my dimension and meself' thing right?" the core said before she could produce an answer.

"Oh, right. That," Luna said as she rounded a corner leading to another long pink hallway. "Exactly what dost thou want to know about ponies right now. There are tomes upon tomes of literature on the subject, believe me I know. So is there anything that thou wishes to learn before thee can acquire tine-self a book."

"Oh, books," Wheatley mumbled dejectedly.

"Is there something wrong? Thou appears to be displeased. Thou enjoys books, don't thee?"

"Oh no! I. lOVE. books. Can't get enough of them books, them books. I, erh, just LOVE the sound being turned, and what not. So obviously not a moron, 'cause morons don't love books. Oh the other century or so ago I finished the hardest book, Machiavelli. Have you read that one? "

Of course the name rang a bell with Luna, but that didn't mean she recognized it out right. "Do thou'st mean Marechiavelli's The Princess?

"Wha'? No I mean Machiavelli. It's the name of the book about... some really complicated stuff about power, and... what not. I would LOVE to tell you more about it but it's really uhhh... human intensive stuff, so I can't tell you about because you don't know anything about humans yet. Could get a bit technical.

"Ummm, hmmm then no, we have not read that one then, bet let us return to ponies. Since thou'rst so eager to read about them later, what questions dost thee have about us ponies for right now.

" Ummm, oh I got one. How manny types of ponies are there slash what are slash what makes them all unique. Ok that's three questions but they are all kinda' related, so i'll just make that my first ehh super-question.

"I can answer that," Luna replied enthusiastically. This was easy enough. "Ok so there are three types of ponies disincluding, alicorns. First there are the earth ponies, from what you told me they are more like the horses of your world than the other two..."

Applejack bucked an apple tree and watched as the rain of fruit collected in the buckets she had so carefully set out.
Suddenly the red stream off apples was tainted with a blur of orange, white, yellow, and host of other minor colors. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom materialized from this motion blur.

"O.K. sis' we're all done with the room," An enthusiastic Apple Bloom squeaked, "now can we go see Twilight?"

A flurry of questions entered Applejack's mind, like' when did my sister and her friends learned to teleport?' 'How did they fix the hole in the ceiling?' and 'Why did they want to play was a sentient piece of space debris'. All the neurons in the farm pony's brain held an emergency summit to decide what do with this sudden influx of questions, apparently coming to the concession to simply through them in the shredder and get back to their jobs.

"Uhhh, Ok," She managed.

"Great, I'll get the scooter you guys go get Rick," the pegasus that had not seconds before been a blur of orange said as she dashed off again.

The other three found the adventure sphere in a small patch of burnt grass. He was laying on his side, as much as spheres have such, by a pile of empty apple buckets.

"Hey, there pretty lady," the core said regarding Apple Jack with his one eye out of his back port. "While you were gone I got into a fight with a spider. Man there was so much action! The classic fight of beast vs. machine. Then the little eight legged bugger couldn't handle the wrath of my handles and scurried off. Oh hey guess what, I have a great idea for an adventure. See I got a call from the boss lady last night, and..." unfortunately Applejack didn't question this mention of a call, it was the least bizarre thing the sphere had said since his fall

"you're coming with us," Apple Jack flatly said as she lifted Rick by the handle with her mouth.

"Where are we going? Is it on another adventure? That would be so awesome if it was another adventure! Your bedroom is another more than acceptable answer. Applejack merely sighed and hoped the two fillies behind her didn't hear that last part.

Scootaloo zoomed in on her scooter and did a hockey stop before Applejack could walk ten feet. That little filly was certainty destined to be the next great speedster of Ponyville.

"O.k. A.J you can just put Rick in wagon if you want." Apple Jack did so, that thing was kinda heavy. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom jumped in the wagon after Rick, each putting on a helmet.

"No helmet for me then? All right then, sounds dangerous. this is great!"

"Too Twilight's!" Scootaloo shouted as fluttered her wings and her scooter bolted forward.

"Yah!" all three passengers in the wagon shouted with glee as the wagon scooter assembly disappeared in a cloud of dust.

"Hey get back here! Slow down!" Applejack commanded to deaf ears. With another groan the orange farm pony took off after the wagon.

=======================================================================================

If the passage through Aperture Science intra-dimensional portals causes you to experience headache, nausea, or severe disorientation simply lay down in an area safe from testing equipment and the circumstances that caused this emergency and wait for the symptoms to pass. Please note that since your testing is unsupervised, if you are injured in any way, seek immediate medical self help.
=======================================================================================

There was stitch in Applejack's side as she saw the top of Twilight's tree library rise over the horizon. She was still amazed at how fast Scootaloo could go even when weighed down by three other passengers.

"Oh hey there sis," Apple Bloom said while leaning on her friend's scooter. She and the other crusaders were just taking off there helmets. Apparently Apple Jack hadn't been as far behind as she had thought. "Well let's go in." all three cutie mark crusaders and the one sphere (carried by Sweetie Belle) filed into the library.

"But wait I still have to.. huh. yell at... you for... Awe, buck it!" Applejack gave up any hope of scolding them for running off without her and pushed open the door to the Library as well.

"Oh, hi Applejack." To Applejack's surprise it was Rarity and not Twilight who said this. AJ scanned the book shelf lined room and found that Spike was the only one besides rarity and herself in it. Gosh darn it! How do those fillies move so fast? she asked her self internally. Spike couldn't answer the question of were the three fillies and their new friend had disappeared to because he was to busy staring at Rarity, so AJ just decided to let the Alabaster unicorn keep talking.

"I was just here to ask Twilight if she would care to join Fluttershy and me at the spa for our weekly appointment," Rarity continued, "when our sisters and Scootaloo ran in here with the most peculiar metal ball to ask Twilight something. They are in the back room now finding a bestiary. Say Applejack you look rather tense is something wrong?

"Ah've been' having the wildest mornin' ever actually."

"Oh well I'm sorry to hear that. Say, would you fancy to join us at the spa. I know you don't care for 'prettyfying' and all, but you really do look like you could use a nice massage. The three of us would be simply delighted if you attended," Rarity offered.

"Huva bluh bla huh blah blah," spike stammered, unaware that he was talking at all and had in fact not been spoken to.

"Ya' know Ah'll take that offer," Applejack answered after a moment of thought.

"Oh splendid," the fashionista squealed as she clapped her for hooves together. "We can invite Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie too, then it can be our little get together for all six of us."

Suddenly the door to the library's back room opened and the three crusaders, their new friend, and Twilight Sparkle trotted out. Twilight was levitating a large brown leather (logically very hard to come by in Equestria) covered book that sailed back and forth through the air to avoid the jumping fillies trying to grab it.

"Girls, settle down," the lavender mare commanded. "Just what do you want with this thing anyway?" She looked around to see now had two of her friends in the library. "Hello Applejack, what brings you he-"

"We want the book so we can prove to Applejack that Rick's not dangerous so that he can take us on an adventure and we can get adventure cutie marks," Apple Bloom interrupted with a words per minute rate that was so fast, it's a suprise it didn't perform a sonic rainboom.

"I'm sorry who's Rick?" Rarity asked.

"That would be me Gorgeous," the sphere said

"It can talk!" the white unicorn exclaimed, putting her for hoof to her forehead and mock fainting dramatically.

"Indeed I can beautiful," said the sphere. "I am also skilled at the arts of jujitsu, taikwondo, karate, larate, and bedroom."

"Well I...I..I don't know what to say ... about that," Rarity stammered about the last comment. "Except for 'no.'"

"Awww, come on gorgeous! Afraid ya can't handle my awesome spherical might?"

"Oh how crude," the unicorn wheezed dramatically covering her mouth with one hoof and pantomiming vomiting. "I could just-"

"Hey now one talks to Rarity like that but me!" Spike interrupted, suddenly waking up from his apparent daydream.

"So, it's a fight you want! come here you little lizard! Rick vigorously moved his handles up and down as if that would get him any closer to beating up Spike. "Grrr, If I only had hands I would strangle you!" the ball grumbled just bellow any pony's hearing range. Spike rose to the challenge and jumped within clawing distance of Rick. The two starred each other down for a minute, neither daring to make the first move in the epic battle to the death the would surely-

"As far as I can tell he is not in this bestiary, and probably not even technically alive" Twilight stated. Every pony in the room shifted their attention to her. Apparently she had taken the time provided by the distraction. "There is nothing in these even close to his description in the table of contents." Speed reading was an early talent of Twilight's. "That doesn't surprise me though 'Rick' doesn't even look alive, he looks like he is a really complex machine. In theory it is possible to build a machine so complex it can think like a pony. Oh this could be big! What if he wasn't built by ponies! This could prove so manny scientific theories that i don't even know where to begin..."

"Twilight, focus," Sweetie Belle demanded. "We can deal with the science later, all we need to know is if he is safe enough to play with." The pint-sized unicorn drew out her words as if to emphasis the importance of this statement.

"Uhhhh, I-I-I guess so," Twilight stammered, horrified with the idea of playing with what could be a major scientific break through. "He doesn't have any appendages or weapons on him, so its not like he can physically harm you."

"Great thanks Twi'!" Apple Bloom shouted. In an instant the three fillies were mobile. Sweetie belle grabbed Rick by the handles as they moved toward the door.

"See ya' later pretty pony the green eyed ball said toward Rarity before he and the filies had disappeared behind the Library's door. Nopony in the left Library moved or talked for a bout a minute while they contemplated what just happened.

"Did I just let your sisters take away a priceless artifact to go play with?" Twilight Sparkle asked Rhetorically.

"Did I just let my sister go play with a sex addicted bowling ball?" The other unicorn asked with more concern.

"Now ya'll know how my mornin' s been like," Applejack groaned.

Hello[-(˚)-]Friend

"So what do we need for this adventure Rick?" Apple Bloom asked while hopping in the back of Scootaloo's wagon, while said pegasus powered the who assembly forward with a jolt. The farm filly had one hoof pressed down against one of Rick's handles, to keep the sphere from rolling around in the back of the wagon, as spheres often do when even a minor forces is exerted upon them, and the forces anypony or sphere would experience while ridding with Scootaloo through Ponyvile town center could hardly be described as minor.



"Ok so this time I got a list, lets see..." Rick seemed to glance at a non-existant list to his lower left. "We need some canteens of water (preferably adventure style), headlamps, 200 ft. of rope, a grappling hook, and a map of all under ground caves around Ponyville and under... something called the Everfree forest." Rick seemed to squint extra hard to be sure he was reading the non-existant text right.

"Were are we supposed to get that stuff from get all that stuff from?" Scootaloo asked.

"Adventurers R-US?," Rick offered hopefully.

"Thas not a real store!" the earth filly notified.

"Dang."

"Hey! Look at that!" Sweetie Belle commanded, pointing to a new shop on the ponyville storefront.

Nestled between tightly between its two neighboring buildings, a store named 'Equestrian outdoors' presented two large picture windows on opposite sides of its single door that displayed its varied sales items. On the left side was a myriad of camping supplies arranged around a fake fire; to be more accurate, the display contained anything one could possibly conceive of needing on a camping trip. The most realistic piece of the charade was a small plastic tent held aloft by two moderately sized poles of curved fiberglass that clearly showed a space age sleeping bag and a small portable TV inside. Outside this, the fake ground was littered with multiple kinds of fancy portable stoves, various models of overly fancy folding chairs, high tech sleek modern gadgets of every possible use, and even a portable weather station.

The Left window and its neoprene and nylon camp out didn't hold the crusaders' plus guest's attention though. The right window display didn't try to emulate a real scene, but simply showed a number of products that looked like they came from perhaps an old safari. The outdoor survival gear in this window was colored with a shade light olive drab and a host of mild earthy tones or else exposed wood or dull unpolished metals. There where dull green painted aluminum canteens, a tan canvass harness equipped with two large saddlebags on eater side, a coil of rope made from genuine natural fibers, and the cap the vintage pyramid, one or tow big bronze plated compasses, several classic safari hats was various antique looking replica attachments. Explaining the reasoning behind all this was a large cardboard cutout of Daring Do that mentioned something about a sale related to the release of the latest book in the series.

None of the soon to be adventures really read through it thought, they were too excited by the fact they had found something that could be called an 'adventure store' right there in Ponyville!

"Holy crap this looks awesome!

"To the adventure store!" Scootaloo shouted, making an abrupt right turn toward the storefront.

"Wait but we don't have any bits." Sweetie Belle pointed out. The pegasus shifted her weight and the scooter did a sharp U-turn, nearly spilling the contents of the attached back wagon.

"Then to Sweetie Belle's house!"

"Hey! Why does it have to be my money!"

"Because ya mentioned it, duh." Apple Bloom jumped in while swirling her hoof around the top of her head.


====================================================================================

Please note that buzzing sound at the back of your Intra dimensional portal device. This noise is the cooling fan that keeps the black hole powering the device from overheating. If you ever hear this buzzing noise stop: Please disassemble the device and locate and remove the singularity explosion estimation ring; set the power module on the ground and immediately start running away from the power module with all salvageable portions of the device while using the singularity explosion estimation ring to estimate the absolute minimum safe distance from explosion. You will receive a cash reward based upon the percentage of the device salvage after the damage created from the blast has been contained, unless you have somehow caused the fan failure.

===================================================================================

"So we're at the Ever-free forest. Wha's next Rick?" Apple Bloom asked jumping out the Scooter wagon after a successful shopping trip. Indeed they were on the edge of the ever free forest, only a few blocks away from Fluttershy's cottage. Each of three fillies were now dressed as near spitting images of Daring Do, each donning a safari hemet with an attached headlamp and added chinstrap, two olive drab saddle bags like the one they had seen in the store window, a matching green short sleeved shirt, and a tan canvass colored canteen.

"My adventure sense tells me that the opening of the cave with the adventure in it is two hundred feet that way." The sphere said spinning his eye around and peering directly into the forest.

"Well lets go," Scootaloo said impatiently. "Cutie Marks here we come!" the orange pegasus shouted as she ran right into the deadly Everfree Forrest.

"Can you simply run into the Everfree Forest?" Sweetie Belle asked the other remaining Crusader.

Apple Bloom merely shrugged before picking up Rick by the handle with her mouth and running after her.

Sweetie Belle just stared at the tree line where her friends had disappeared for a moment. Finally she decided she didn't want to be the only blank flank in the trio and ran in after them.

"Hey! Hey guys wait up!" Sweetie Belle called. She had been running for several minutes and had no idea if she was still going in the right direction. Even though the Forrest was much safer in the day than it was at night, Sweetie Belle had the feeling that if she stopped she would be eaten. Suddenly she heard something that sounded like indistinct pony shouting. "Hold on guys I'm coming!" she yelled back. There up ahead! A light, no a clearing! They had to be there! Sweetie Belle ran as fast as her little hooves could carry her. The trees suddenly gave way a grassy clearing surrounding an unforrested small hill.

"There you Sweetie Belle," Apple Bloom called from the top of the hill. Sweetie Belle didn't stop running.

"Yah what took you Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo added.

Sweetie Belle skidded to a stop in front of them. "But I thought... you... I heard yelling and Whaa-?'"

"Slow Down you're not making sense." Apple Bloom requested.

Sweetie Belle took in a deep breath before speaking. "Ok so when I ran into forrest after you guys, I kept feeling like I was being watched so I kept running, and then I thought I heard some pony yelling."

"Well we weren't yelling so it must have all been your imagination," Scootaloo said flatly, "Anyway come check this out." It was at this time that Sweetie Belle noticed the Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were standing at the edge of a giant rectangular pit, easily wide enough the throw the whole of carousel boutique down, if one had the desire or capacity to do so. As Sweetie Belle crept closer to the edge she could see that is was lined with large gray stone bricks that were covered with vines. There was apparently no bottom to this gigantic well, it just disappeared into an inky black void.

"Pretty cool right! Now we just have to find a way to get to the bottom without...

"See told you where there is one filly there are always bound to be more," a new male voice called out. "You just have to be patient." The fillies and one core whirled around to see a pack of three wolves (not of the timber variety) standing in a 'V' formation at the bottom of the clearing. The wolf closest to them was the smallest and the one that had apparently spoke. To his left was a slightly larger wolf with a scare over her right eye and the only girl of the trio. The wolf to his right was larger than the both of them combined, and had a guilty look on his face and his tale between his legs.

"Never should have doubted you, boss," the scar eyed she-wolf added in a sinisterly cool and calm voice. "Oh look, one for each of us."

"I don't know guys they seem awfully young," the biggest wolf whined. "shouldn't we just let them go. Plus they look cute too."

"Look," the Alpha said without taking his eyes off his potential prey, "wolves eat cute things, Lughead. That's the way it is. That's the way it's always been. Deal with it." This only produced a whimper from the oversized wolf. "Fine Beta and I got them cornered by ourselves anyway." He turned his full attention back to the fillies. "And don't even think about jumping in that pit. Did you know when most ponies fall to they die of an extremely painful heart attack before they ever hit the ground. If you don't run or fight we can be sure that you feel no pain."

"And besides," the she-wolf apparently named Beta added, "even if you survived the fall down there you would be killed by what's down there anyway. And come on, if your dead both ways, wouldn't you rather go the way that leaves us with full stomaches, so we don't just eat somepony else? That would be so selfish of you if you did jump, it's almost like murder."

"Quick grab my handles, I have a plan," Rick whispered to the crusaders. All three fillies looped their hooves through the cores handles silently, not daring to take their eyes away from the almost certain death standing just in front of them.

"Well, well, well you actually didn't try to run," Beta chuckled as she casually padded up Scootaloo, placing her snout inches away from the young filly's neck. "You know most fillies aren't so forward thinking as you. Anyway hold still and this won't hurt a bit." The wolf's breath felt as cold as ice to the trembling pegasus.

"Hey why is your name Beta? Rick asked off handedly."

"What the...? Is that a talking beach ball?" Alpha asked in shock.

"No, I'm an adventure sphere! Anyway so what's with the name?

"I'm Beta because I'm second in command," The she-wolf answered. "He is Alpha because he is the leader, that pile of garbage back there is named Lughead because he is one. Now lets get back too..."

A slight breeze blew over the clearing. An instant after this breeze started, chaos happened.

Rick's master plan was to fire his adventure parachute out his rear port, and use the breeze to fly away. Indeed with a starling "Bahh!" from the sphere the parachute was deployed and caught in the wind, lifting the three fillies and their friend into the sky, out of rang of the wolves.


"Haha try to get us now, ya dumb mutts!" Sweetie Belle called down while holding on to sphere with her wrists for dear life.

"Yah ya stupid dogs, ptthllththtlptth," Apple Bloom taunted, immediately followed by a raspberry.

"They got away boss," Lughead observed.

"You don't say." Alpha said while rolling his eyes.

"Hey guys," Scootaloo said while looking down, "we're sinking." The breeze had died down and now the parachute based flying machine had lost its source of power. Additionally, the breeze had blown them over the giant bottomless well in the earth, which like any impossibly deep hole, had significant down drafts. The giant rectangular pit looked like an open maw from directly above, drawing the quartet in. The trio of wolves had gathered shoulder to shoulder right at the edge of the ancient brick shaft to watch to ponies and their strange talking beach ball friend descend.

"You had to go commit suicide," Alpha said to the fillies when they returned to eye level, although this time with ten feet of bottomless pit separating them. "You just couldn't be good little ponies and let us have our meal."

"Well jokes on you mutts, cause we were going to jump into the pit anyway!

everyone, ponies and wolves, shot the parachute slung ball a look of confusion.

"The facility, which our adventure is going to take place in. is near the bottom of this ancient mysterious shaft. "

"Hey so because of ya'll," Apple Bloom said looking up the wolves. "We found a way down!"

"Yah good job with that one, idiots," Scootaloo yelled mockingly.

"Thank you morons!" Scootaloo yelled up at them sarcastically as the laughing crusaders and their friend drifted deeper as gravity and the down draft pulled them into the bowls of the earth.

Beta didn't decided to freak them all out before they drifted out of hearing rang and yelled, "Have fun being burned alive by the CHIMERA," at the giggling fillies.

"Chimera?" all three fillies said in confusion as they disappeared into the inky void. The sound muffled sound of the three fillies and the core arguing brought some satisfaction back to Beta, not ask much as she would have had from bitting into that little orange pegasus, but some.

"Is there really a chimera down there? Lughead questioned looking up from the pit.

"Not just a chimera. THE Chimera," Alpha answered while turning away from the grey brick shaft and began padding away back toward the forest. The other two in pack followed suit.

"I don't follow boss."

"You wouldn't, would you?"

"Hey if you want to still grab a bite," Beta interrupted, changing the topic, "I saw the yellow pegasus crying a lot and burying something big in her 'animal grave yard.' Must have failed to heal another one."

"Oh great carrion again," Alpha replied. "At least digging is like the one thing this here idiot can do."

And so the pack disappeared back into the tree line while the crusaders sank into the depths of the earth.

=================
author's comment

I apologize for the amount of cut scenes in this chapter, and I am working on editing this one to really slow it down.

I'm looking for more pre readers so PM if your interested.