• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 502 Views, 5 Comments

Memories of Friendships passed - Spirit of EverFree



Song can stir emotions and memories that one might have buried ,but they still remain. How does twilight deal with them when a singer at the Gala brings all these feeling of her friends and their passing out to the surface?

  • ...
 5
 502

Memories surface.

"Every tale has a Beginning a middle and a ending. friendships... enemies, happiness, sorrow, love and even even heartbreak.
now not everyponys story is simple oh no my dears some are much more complex. Through out time I have known of one such tale the tale of twilight sparkle.
to think it all began with something as simple as a song. came join me as I spin this tale for your little hoofs my little ponys."


Twilight standing side by side Celestia and Luna at yet another Grand Galloping Gala greeting the guest one by one as each bow and greet the princesses.
"good evening sir, Celestia how are you?..Hello enjoy the gala. enjoying this years. nice to see you again... this year."
Twilight spoke inbetween each guest.

"Fine twilight. Sir Moneytrot" Celestia greeted a rather fancy dressed stallion even by Canterlot standards.
Twilight then thought to herself what a atrisous outfit before shaking her head and blinking the thought out....
"why did I think that..or was it. she sighed rather sadly.

"Dear sister Twilight what has thou so worn we...I concern for you?. Luna spoke from across her sister.

"I-its nothing luna just Thought I had just imagine something."

"Twilight lets go sit and eat with the guest I am sure luna has the greeting underway on her own."

Luna gave her sister a deadpan look weather this was intentanial or not Luna bowed her head and spoke.

"yes dear sisters go eat we shall greet the guest it shalt not take much later and I'll join you there."
Celestia and Twilight hugged luna tightly causing her to squarm while the guest gawked jaws slacked open.

" ugh why I never seen such vaulger display" a unamused old mare said before snapping her hoof over her mussle.
shamed that she made the comments to the princesses. the old and there ways I suppose.


Twilight and Celestia found a seat in the showroom freshly built this year for the Gala. Large Pillars decorated with chizeled in Flowers Marble and Ivory floors.
even a indoor garden with a small waterfall making the room breathtaking.

"Twilight have you seen the entertainment for tonight?" Celestia asked a small smile on her face as she sipped from a cup of tea.
"No I have not princess."

"Please, Twilight call me Celestia or you can call me Tia. It has been years my Faithfull student since you've became my fellow princess"
Twilight stared down at her glass deep in thought.
"Has it been that long? I dont know I can barely even remember this morning been so busy."

"Mares and Gentlecolts may I have your attention!" I very loud and animated Stallion yelled from the stage. Rather out of
place for the galas normally dry and boring ponys. though Celestia said she wanted to spice up the Gala.
Twilight thought for a moment munching on some toasted daisy with a dollap of honey on the side.

"Was the gala always this boring? no something is missing but what?

"Now Im pleased to present you with tonights guess singer picked by, Princess Celestia herself JoaftheLoaf please a round of stomps for him"
The crowd though not as excited as celestia who cheer loudly for the break of the tedium of the Gala stamped there hoofs on the ground in appuald for the singer.
Twilight however paid no mind to the stage nor did she applaud her mind deep in thought. something was bothering her deeply.
Guitar started to play as the melody flowed. the lights deamed to set the mood.....


"I remember the times when we'd spend our
days laughing all of our little troubles away
Saving the world seemed like a task we'd do everyday
and all the time."

Twilights ears twitched as Joaf began his song.

"Here I stand at the end of what we call life, and in time
I'll find my way to have my turn among the stars, and come home.
To live in a world where the earth is still, kept in peace
and live with harmony
Facing the facts, I've come to realize, I am all alone
so I guess it's time to say goodbye, it's time to say goodbye.

The words on the page from the things we things we learned,
and the lessons taught will never leave my heart.
The memories we've made, and the lessons shared,
time and time again, will continue on."

Celestia was sitting next to twilight blissfully in her own world singing along to the song

"Here I stand at the end of what we call life, and in time I'll find my way to have my turn among the stars, and come home" unaware of twilight breathing quickening pace.

"To live in a world where the earth is still, kept in peace
and live with harmony
Facing the facts, I've come to realize, I am all alone
so I guess it's time to say goodbye, it's time to say goodbye."

A battle raging in her mind swirlling with emotions, regerts, and a foreign feeling to herself tears threatened to rush pass.

"Through these timesI know I must be strong, and carry on, without you."

Just like that the uplift in the emotion of the song twilight burst out in tear bolting from her table jolting Celestial with suprise as the guest around her gasped.She headed towards the door her muzzle matted down with tears streaming from her eye.

"I can't take it I just can't take this anymore" and with that she vanished with a flash.

"To live in a world where the earth is still, kept in peace
and live with harmony
Facing the facts, I've come to realize, I am all alone
Now I know that I must say goodbye, it's time to say goodbye."

Joaf finshed the song a look of worry on his face as he laid eyes on a crowd of shocked unamused faces.
He gulped before to his relief Celestial cheered.

"Woooooo encore!" stomping her hoofs on the ground.
The crowd followed in agreement. Celestial thoughts drifted though back to twilight. "why did she run off? is something wrong? Did I do something?" worry striking her face more fear in her heart than in years. She wanted to run after twilight but didnt want to alarm her subjects with a outburst for the door. so she got up and walked out.


Twilight appeared in a flash of light at the Canterlot Gardens guards franticly searching for her ordered by Celestial.
around countless turns of hedges pass flower patchs and statues Twilight finally found what she Had been running to.
She paused for a moment a feeling of trepidation feeled her more then any she had before even when facing against Discord, Hydra, King sombra, or even missing a dead line her worst fear!.Before her stood a large ivory gate adoren with six symbols each a cutie mark of a pony.

She entered Hoofs shaking and choking back a sob she collasped in the center of the clearing.
Before her stood Five Tombstone each with a image of the one buried under the stone.
two Pegasi, two Earth ponies, and one unicorn their cutie marks above each of the stones.
Twilight then read the passage near the stones.

"H-Here lies the...." she sniffled rubbing her muzzle and taking a deep breath. The Elements of harmony bears, Saviors of equestria protecters of Harmony"
slowly she read each name out loud. "Fluttershy, Rain...R-R-Rainbow..Dash, Rarity,P-Pinkie Pie, AppleJack."
Twilight fell to her forelegs covering her face sobbing and trembling. "Why... why do you all have to DIE its not fair I can't do this with out you girls!"
Twilight reached out a hoof rubbing across rainbow's tomb. slowly exhuasted she slipped into sleep.

Author's Note:

Note the song that appears along with the OC JoafTheLoaf belongs to JoafTheLoaf from youtube credits goes to Megaphoric also for the song. incase you were wondering Joaf gave permission for the use : ) he is a very talented view him on youtube and subscribe to if you like his stuff.
This story well receive updates when I can and the tags well evolve or come in once the story reachs the points. This is also my first work so opinions good and bad are welcomed. -Edit- ive done some editing by spacing out talking more and moving around some paragraphs I hope this makes it easier to read.