• Published 22nd Jul 2013
  • 558 Views, 12 Comments

Once In A Blue Moon - Bayonate



Princess Celestia and her father are visited by her father's old friend, but her father's old friend has brought his son with him. Will this pony capture Princess Celestia's heart and will he accept her love?

  • ...
1
 12
 558

Chapter 6: Lights and Festivals

Next Morning……
Princess Celestia's POV
I woke with a start in a strange room, and then I remembered that I was at Blue Moon's palace. I blushed at the thought.
I got up and brushed my hair using magic. The comb hovered into the air and started smoothing out my mane. As soon as I finished, I looked in the mirror, admiring my flowing mane. I had to look perfect today for Blue Moon. It was the Festival of the Full Moon, when annually the moon's beams hit the Trees of the Night just perfectly, causing them to shine and sparkle like beacons of heaven's glory.
My Forever Night had retreated back into a bud on the table. It brought back fresh memories of last night. I remembered Blue Moon's gorgeous green eyes looking into mine and him telling me that I was beautiful. I sighed and left the room for breakfast.
Blue Moon's POV
To be honest, I wasn't ready to see her again. I still haven't organized my thoughts from last night (probably because of my ordeal last night). Why did I say that she was beautiful? What came over me? No mare has ever affected me as she did.
I trotted to breakfast in a nervous wreck. I got there before everyone else (thank goodness) and took my seat on the right side of my father's chair. Servants hustled about getting ready for the day and breakfast. The dining room was decorated with shiny porcelain moons and glittering stars. Violet velvet cloth flowed around the silver and accented the astral theme.
My father and mother came in next and sat down. Five minutes later King Solar and his family paraded in their bright deposition, clashing dreadfully with the decorations. Princess Celestia, however, seemed to make the room even more......celestial.....huh I guess that’s where she got her name.
Our families conversed enthusiastically. Celestia and I caught each other giving awkward glances. I need to fix this. I need to explain to her that it was all just a misunderstanding.
Princess Celestia's POV
Oh gosh, I just hope last night wasn't just a misunderstanding!

Author's Note:

Bayonate: Katbeary wrote this one! And now I have nothing to say....Have a wonderful day!