• Published 22nd Jul 2013
  • 558 Views, 12 Comments

Once In A Blue Moon - Bayonate



Princess Celestia and her father are visited by her father's old friend, but her father's old friend has brought his son with him. Will this pony capture Princess Celestia's heart and will he accept her love?

  • ...
1
 12
 558

Chapter 5: Visits and Flowers

One Week Later…..
Black Night POV

I think I should invite my old friend, Solar and his family over to my kingdom now. I should probably tell Blue Moon right now, so he can get ready.

I got up from my throne. My throne was made from obsidian and diamonds that represented stars and if you were smart enough you would figure out that the diamonds also formed the constellations. I walked down from the throne and headed for the massive throne room doors. My guard opened the doors and saluted. I walked past them and continued to my son’s room. I walked to the residential wing of the castle and knocked on my son’s door.

“Come on in.” said a gruff voice.

I opened the door and walked in to see my son studying a history book and Asternix napping on his bed.

“Hi.” I said. My son didn’t respond and continued to study his book.

“I am invited King Solar, his wife, and Princess Celestia to our castle.” I told him. I got a surprising result from that piece of information. My son immediately fell out of his chair.

He got up and screamed,”WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!????????”

I just simply walked out of his room, not wanting to explain to him why I had come to this decision.
Blue Moon POV

What did my diabolical dad say to me!? Did he say he was inviting King Solar’s family over!? Oh please no! I don’t want to deal with that annoying mare, Princess Celestia. Asternix had gotten up when I fell out of my chair. He obviously heard the conversation because he was jumping around the room excitedly.

“Why are you so excited?” I asked.

Asternix stopped jumping around and replied,” Oh, no reason.”

He walked out of the room, but as soon as he left our room I heard him jumping around the hall. He can be such annoying bird at times. Oh well, I better get ready for the arrival of King Solar and his family.
One Hour Later…..

I stood beside my mother, Andromeda Star. She had a violet coat. Her mane and tail was also violet but had streaks of light purple in it, too. Her mane and tail were curly (like Fluttershy’s). Her eyes were dark violet. My father stood beside her.

King Solar’s majestic carriage and his guard came through the castle gates and stopped in front of my family and me. One of King Solar’s guards opened the door and King Solar walked out. Queen Sun Flare, King Solar’s wife, walked out after him, and then Princess Celestia, in all her glory, came out.

Queen Sun Flare had a pure white coat like Solar’s and Celestia’s. She had a neon orange and sunny yellow mane and tail. Her mane and tail had beautiful curls like my mother (Flare’s hair is just like Fluttershy’s too). Her eyes were a piercing sky blue.

“It has been a long time hasn’t it, Flare?” said my mother, Andromeda Star.

“Yes, it has been, Andromeda.” said Queen Sun Flare.

My mother beckoned Queen Flare to follow her, and they walked off talking about various things. I bet they are talking about recent family news, gossip, and the usual drama. My father and King Solar left talking about politics, sports, and recent events. Asternix and Philomeena flew off and were talking about who knows what? They left me with Celestia, again.

“Leave.” I stated to the guards.
“But your majesty…” said the guards.

“I said leave.” I said more sternly.

“But…Yes, your majesty.” Said the guards and flew off to their posts.

Celestia told her guards to leave, and they did after some persuasion.

Celestia and I stared at each other again waiting for someone to break the silence. I can already hear my dad looking at me disapprovingly by not introducing her to this new environment.

“Do you want a tour of the city?” I asked finally. Celestia immediately looked down.

“Sure. I would like that.” Celestia replied while looking at her hooves.

I showed her the jewels of the city (as in landmarks not jewelry). I showed her the Trees of the Night. The Trees of the Night were five tall trees in an x formation that shot straight up to the sky. At night, the trees would get a magical, white, faint glow. When the moon is a full moon, the tree in the center of the formation would light up like a beacon. At midnight, the tree would shoot a thin beam of magic into the sky. The sky would light up in an array of beautiful colors. Celestia stared at the trees, her pretty eyes sparkling in wonder. I also introduced her to other public officials and gave her a tour of the city. She admired the architecture.

When I finished the tour, it was nighttime. There was only one thing that I didn’t show Celestia, and it was in the royal garden.

“Follow me.” I said.

“Okay?” Celestia replied with hesitation evident in her voice.

I walked to the royal garden with Celestia trailing behind me. I threw open the doors to the royal garden and continued walking. The garden was similar to King Solar’s royal garden except there was only one tree and the pond was bigger. I listened to the chirping or crickets and the stillness in the air. The moon was high above looking down on me. The moon shone brightly in the calm pond. I walked over to a patch of flowers that were close to the pond. The flowers were a unique species. The flowers were light blue and had a white, magical glow like the Trees of the Night. The flowers were called Forever Nights and only bloomed during the night.

I turned around and gave the flower to Celestia.

“Thank you.” Said Celestia in response and put the flower in her flowing mane.

All, I got to say was wow. She looked like an angel bathing in all of the moon’s glory. She was stunning, amazing, and………beautiful.

“You look beautiful.” I said but then I realized what had come out of my mouth. “I mean, you look pretty.” I corrected.

Celestial didn’t hear it and was blushing heavily. Oh great! I really messed up now.

“Thank you.” said Celestia slowly,” Um, I got to do something.”

Celestia ran out of the garden, leaving me by myself. I am going to get my head on stake by sunrise! Did Celestia run off because she was offended or did I insult her in some way!? I started hitting my head against the single tree in the garden. If my father is going to kill me, it better be when I am unconscious.
No One’s POV

In a room with a window overlooking the royal garden stood four mysterious ponies.

“Well that was interesting.” said one of mysterious figures.

“Oh! I am so excited!” said another figure.

“I know! We should start planning the wedding and inviting guests!” said an excited mare.

“Calm down, Flare and Andromeda.” said a stallion.

“Oh, ok.” said Sun Flare disappointedly.

“Fine.” said Andromeda Star. “What are you going to do about this, Night?”

“We are just going to leave them be.” said Black Night.
Asternix POV

Oh this is getting good! Celestia and Blue Moon are going at it! Oh this is sooo good! I turned to Philomeena who was perched beside me. Oh my god! Philomeena looked amazing. The moon was giving her the look of blazing fire around her.

“So-so what do you-you think?” I stammered.

“I think this is going quite well. Well anyway, good night.” said Philomeena.

She took flight and flew to Celestia’s guest room.
Celestia POV

I ran into my guest room in the castle and locked the door. I can’t believe Blue Moon said I was beautiful! I sat down in front of a giant mirror and looked at myself. The Forever Night was still glowing and I had to admit I was beautiful. Does this mean he likes me? I just now noticed how tired I am so I decided will think about this more in the morning.
Back in the Royal Garden…..

Bang! Bang! Bang! Why am I not getting knocked out!!!!????

Author's Note:

Bayonate: I am very sorry that I didn't update yesterday. I was extremely busy working on Chapter 13 of the story. It took me over 5 hours to finish editing and adding to it. You can find all the finished chapters on fanfiction.net. I will not be uploading another chapter to make up for my mistake because I don't want this chapter to be overlooked. Once again, I am very sorry.