• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 1,222 Views, 27 Comments

Till Death Do Us Part - Brian Jacko



Applejack struggles in life as she faces many obstacles that she must over come in order to achieve her dreams and passions in life.

  • ...
17
 27
 1,222

Two Hearts Becoming One

They've been together about a year now. Applejack was beginning to get desperate. She often had very personal talks with Rainbow Dash about bringing up marriage, but she could never seem to mention it to her stallion.

One day, Applejack invited her mate out to that special spot where they first met. It was here and only here that she could really open up about her deepest feelings and thoughts since this place was so special to her. Whenever they came here, they always had dinner here or at least some kind of snack. They were both very food oriented ponies because of the kind of labor they did.

Sun Rise placed the picnic basket next to Applejack and sat down next to her. They both dug in and devoured the food within no time. Sun Rise looked over to his somepony special. He noticed that she didn't quite look the same. "What's going on inside your mind Applejack?" the stallion asked. "You can tell me anything."

Applejack gulped and looked worried. She was really shy about this topic, but she gathered the confidence and spoke up, "Have ya ever considered us gettin' hitched in the future?" There was a look of pain and sorrow on her face as soon as she said that. "I'm awfully sorry if I brought this up too soon."

The stallion smiled back at her and said, "Applejack, I have been wanting to talk about this for the longest time, but I wasn't sure if you'd be ready. I'm kind of surprised after all these months that you failed to realize the little box that I planted inside our picnic basket. I always put it on your side of the basket too."

` Applejack immediately opened up the basket and looked inside. She couldn't believe it. There at the bottom of the basket on her side, was a small golden box. She must have overlooked it so many times in the past before because she was so excited about the food. Applejack wasn't exactly a pony who paid attention to small details like her friend Rarity, especially when it came to eating.

Sun Rise took the little box out of the basket. He came closer to Applejack and got down very low before her. He opened the box and there was the most gorgeous ring Applejack had ever seen before. "Will you marry me?" he asked.

Applejack took off her hat and hid her face behind it. Only her two eyes could be seen. She was in total shock.

The stallion looked up at Applejack with a bit of a confused look on his face. "Applejack, are you ok?" he asked.

Tears flooded her eyes as she took her hat away from her face and got down low to the ground with her partner. "I really didn't expect this to happen today. I'm sorry, I'm just in a bit of shock right now. Of course I will marry ya!" she said. Applejack suddenly wrapped her front legs around her mate and forcefully shoved him to the ground. She kissed him passionately. Applejack broke free from the kiss and picked her head back up. She kept her hoof on his chest and they both stared into each other's eyes for a very long time without saying a word. Finally, Applejack broke the silence. "I guess we got some plannin' to do don't we?

The stallion grinned and nodded his head yes in agreement.



Applejack soon told her friends that she planned on getting married very soon.

All of her friends wanted to help with her wedding in some way or fashion.

Rarity wanted to see them get married in a palace or some other fancy place in Canterlot, but Applejack wanted to get married outside in the country area of Ponyville. She wasn't all that crazy about the upper class and she wanted there to be fun farm games, lots of food, and of course, the option for ponies to get down and dirty in the mud.

Rarity protested at her idea, but she realized that this wasn't her wedding, and she had to respect Applejack's decision. She was in charge of designing her dress and Sun Rise's suit. That would be enough for her to worry about.

Fluttershy would be in charge of the music. She was teaching her birds to sing beautiful wedding music. She also found musicians who would play Bluegrass music for the after wedding party.

Pinkie Pie would be making the wedding cake as well as many other tasty treats for the ponies.

Rainbow Dash would be making sure that the weather was perfect. She even convinced Princess Celestia to move the sun back just a tad bit back from the earth so the weather would be just perfect for her friend's special day since they were currently going through a heat wave.

Twilight Sparkle was helping out with the decorations and making sure that everything was going as planned.

Once that day had come, the girls stood back and looked at the place. Everything was set and everything went according to their plans. This was going to be such a special day for their friend and they wanted to please her as best as they could.

The place was flooded with ponies, most of them being from Applejack's insanely huge family. The wedding was a success. Applejack and Sun Rise said their vows and officially became hitched. After the great feast and the dancing, it was time for Applejack and her husband to be alone. Neither of them wanted to go anywhere fancy. Home was where the heart was.

When the carriage dropped them off at their house, Sun Rise got out quickly and opened the side door where Applejack was sitting. He scooped her up in his hooves and walked to the door of their home. Before he set her down to open the door he asked her, "Applejack do you really mean that you'll stay by my side through thick and thin? Will you promise to never leave me?"

"Of course!" Applejack said. "What do ya think those vows were about? I promise that I will never leave yer side and I will be with ya for as long as I live no matter what happens between us. Ya know I'm bound to my word being that I represent the element of honesty, so don't ya fret sugar cube."

Sun Rise smiled as he gently put her down and opened up the door. The both of them quickly headed to the bed room. Right now they had some newly wedded couple business to take care of.



Applejack and Sun Rise had such a beautiful and wonderful marriage together for many years now. They had survived many struggles and worked hard trying to keep up with the demands of their customers because of the horror stories that were told about eating the food from the Flim and Flam brothers. They also started planting many other crops as well, such as apple trees.