• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 656 Views, 20 Comments

The gateway to heaven - LillyBreeze



When Fluttershy followes a run away dog to a lake, she doesnt know what to expect. After the dog dives in and doesnt come up, Fluttershy goes in after it, but does not expect to end up where she does.

  • ...
5
 20
 656

The one I love

Dusk Shine woke up to the smell of lavender and honey pancakes. He got out of bed and trotted down the library steps, eager to get a taste of the breakfast treat.

"Barb, what made you try this rec-"

He stopped in his tracks when her saw Fluttershy sliding a pancake onto a huge pile. She didn't notice him, and proceeded to put a block of butter on top, and drizzle the pile in honey. She turned round to put the breakfast on the table and bumped into Dusk.

"Oh, im so sorry, I hope you don't mind me making breakfast for you. You were so nice to me yesterday, and I really should have gotten up, so I made this" She said in a hurry, adding a shy smile at the end.
"Don't worry about it, but really, this is what Barb usually does. Have you had anything to eat?" He asked her
"Oh yes. I had to go and pick up some sugar from Sugar Cube Corner, and Bubble Berry let me try some new cupcakes. They were delicious"
"Good, well before I have my breakfast, here are the keys to your house" Dusk gave her a pair of keys
"Thank you Dusk, I will come round later"
"See you"

What a nice mare, Dusk thought to himself as he bit into a pancake. The lavender hit the back of his throat, and was quickly replaced by honey. How could anypony not love her


Fluttershy trotted into town towards Elusives boutique. As she pushed the door opened, a small bell rang, and Elusive's voice floated through

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique, of Fluttershy! How are you feeling my dear?"
"Good, thank you Elusive"
"What can I help you with?"
"Well, I was wondering in you could make ma a dress"
"Oh why of course! what type"
"One for the Hearts and Hooves day ball"
"Oh, do you have a colt friend?" Elusive asked, trying not to give away what he knew
"Um, no, but, um I just wanted a dress, so I um, don't look different"
"Of course, you can stay around with us if you want. We don't have a mare friend yet, but Rainbow Blitz has got his eye on someone"
"Ok, well um, how much do I owe you?"
"Nothing at all darling, let it be a welcome gift!"
"I insist on paying you, even half the price?"
"Not at all"
"Please, I know how hard business can get sometimes"
"I- oh fine, a quarter of the price"
"How much?"
"Ten bits"

Fluttershy put a bag of bits on the counter, thanked him, and left the shop. Elusive picked up the bag and tipped it out to put the money away, only to find that she had given him the full forty bits. He shook his head and smiled. This, was going to have to be an amazing dress.


After picking up some fruit from Jack Apple and checking when the next storm was, Fluttershy went over to her house. It wasn't her home that she was used to, but it was very nice. The main room was a pastel blue with a white rug, a white sofa and white lamps. The kitchen was a light, but not pale, green. The bedroom was a pale pink, with a small bed, a chest of drawers and an en suite bathroom. Fluttershy smiled, and went ahead with putting her things away. When she was done, she trotted to Dusk's library.

"Dusk? are you home?"
"Yeah Flutters, we are all here, come on in"

Fluttershy pushed open the door and trotted in, nudging it closed behind her. Dusk smiled at her as she walked over.

"Flutteshy, we want you to meet out friend. He just moved back from a holiday in Canterlot"

Fluttershy stared at the stallion behind Dusk, her eyes wide and sparkling. The pegasus stallion walked forward. His coat was as white as snow, and his golden mane fell in curls around his face. He smiled at the pegasus mare, a pale pink covering his cheeks. Fluttershy blinked a couple of times and blushed scarlet

"Im sorry, where are my manners, my name Funny Feather, it Fluttershy, right?"
"yes" Fluttershy blushed again
"Have you been shown round town?" Funny Feather asked
"Yeah, sorry"
"Oh its not a problem. I have heard you've been getting welcome gifts, am I right?"
"yeah, against my will let me say, but friends do that for each other I guess"
"Well I would feel wrong not giving you a gift, could you wait outside for a moment please"
"Ok"

Fluttershy walked outside and closed the door. The six stallions turned to Funny Feather.

"What do you think FF?" Blitz asked
"She's um, cool" Funny Feather said, blushing profoundly
"Oh you like her don't you" Elusive taunted
"No-I-well-um yes"
"Well what are you waiting for, go give her the gift!" Bubble Berry shouted


"Fluttershy? are you there" Funny Feather asked, standing outside the library door
"over here" Fluttershy called.
"You ready?"
"um...Yes?"
"correct" Funny Feather grinned

He put his forelegs round her waist, and with one strong push, lifted them both into the air. He flew up for a while, before landing on a cloud. He put Fluttershy down gently and smiled at her.

"You do know im a pegasus, right?" she asked him
"Yeah, but what's the fun if we both fly?"
"fair enough" Fluttershy agreed
"Now, about that gift"

Funny Feather cover Fluttershy's eyes with his hooves, and spun her round to face the other direction. He took away his hooves and Fluttershy gasped. In front of her was a slide, made out of cloud, leading down to a small pool. On the pool side were all sorts of animals, ranging from deer to turtles.

"You coming Flutters?" Funny asked
"Well, um I know this will sound stupid, but im afraid of heights"
"Naw, that's no problem, you can go down in front of me, then if you magically happened to fall, which you wont, I can catch you"
"Ok" Fluttershy grinned, she was actually looking forward to this.

She sat down gingerly on the cloud slide, and felt Funny Feather sit down behind her. He placed his hooves round her waist for the second time that day. Fluttershy tilted her head to look up at him.

"What are you doing?"
"Extra protection, no questioning this stallion. You ready?"
"You bet!"

Funny Feather pushed off with his wings, and they slid down towards the pool. Fluttershy grinned and laughed. It was a lot more fun than she had expected it to be. She settled down against the stallion behind her. Funny Feather looked down at Fluttershy, her head leaning against his chest, and smiled. He pushed on again until they were going so fast that the world became a blur. Fluttershy's smile widened, until she was no longer on the slide, and in the air. She felt herself drop and looked down. Funny Feather was falling into the pool, twisting and turning as he fell. Suddenly, a brilliant idea popped into Fluttershys head. She flew down until she was about Funny Feathers head.

"Wasn't that great Flutters! Flutters?"
"RAAAAAA" Fluttershy shouted and jumped at Funny Feather

He screamed, then laughed to the point of crying when he saw it was her. They both swam out the pool, and while Fluttershy was looking at a deer, he took the opportunity to jump at her. Just as he jumped however, Fluttershy turned round and he landed on top of her. He looked down at her until her realised where his muzzle was, then flew into the air, his cheeks turning red.

"IMSOSORRYFLUTTERSHTIDIDNTMEANITGOTTOGOBYE!" She said then took off like a bullet.

Fluttershy smiled to herself, and flew home for the night.


"You did WHAT!" Elusive screamed when Funny Feather told the stallions what had happened.
"I didn't mean it"
"But you kissed her!"
"By accident"
"I don't care! You have no IDEA how sensitive this mares heart is!" Elusive slammed his hoof
"I swear to Solaris, if you break her heart I will break you" Rainbow Blitz growled
"Now I don't normally agree with Rainbow, but this once, a do" Jack Apple said.
"I shall do my best not to hurt her" Funny Feather promised.
"Good" elusive smiled "Now I think its time we all went to bed"

And with that, all the stallions left for their own houses.

Author's Note:

I love writing angry scenes, and fluffy ones. I hope you like it. Next chapter coming soon