• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 506 Views, 10 Comments

When Ponies Fly - Bronze Gears



But... Don't some ponies already fly? Not all of them...

  • ...
0
 10
 506

Chapter 2

When the fillies stopped in front of the Hardware Store, the all turned back and saw Big Macintosh trailing behind, giving a small grin. He stopped at Applebloom's hooves, "So, what do ya all have on this little list Applebloom?" Big Mac questioned, "Well, we gotta lotta stuff, so ah'll just let ya look at it for yourself." She answered, handing him the list of supplies. The stallion looked down the list, not saying a word, and not questioning anything.

"Well alrighty than. I guess this'll take a bit a time, but ah'm pretty sure it's possible." The stallion explained. The three friends nodded in agreement, with large smiles on their faces.

The four entered the Hardware Store, and bells hung above the door chimed throughout the store. "So Applebloom, might ah ask ya just what yer buildin'?" Big Mac asked, "Well, it's a long story, but ya see, we're tryin' to get our cutie marks," She stated, "And we wanna build a big flying thing!" The unicorn continued, "Yeah! And we're gonna help unicorns and earth ponies fly like us!!!" The pegasus interrupted, "So we're making a flyin' machine for Equestria day! To celebrate bein' free!" Applebloom finished.

"We'll than... That's a bit much for just three little fillies, don't ya think?" Macintosh asked, "Psssh! Too much?!" Applebloom exclaimed, "This'll be easier than gettin' Bertha the pig to eat 'er dinner!" The yellow filly walked past the other three, exploring the store.

"This place is cool! Big Macintosh? Can we come here more often!? Just to look around!" Applebloom pleaded. "Well that's a strange interest," Scootaloo whispered to Sweetie Belle, "I know right," Sweetie Belle answered. The two followed their fascinated friend around the store. "Oh look! An open-end wrench!" The filly squeaked excitedly. "I guess ah know where ah'm takin' her for her birthday," Macintosh whispered to the other fillies. The three giggled and trailed behind where Applebloom danced.

The group separated and found all the supplies they needed. "Ah'm so excited! Ah can't wait to build this thing! The hammers! Nails! Screwdrivers! And especially the paint! Oh the paint! Ah love the smell of paint in the mornin'!" Applebloom pranced around in circles, talking to herself eagerly. "Can I hold the bag Big Mac!? Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!?" the filly asked impatiently while exiting the store, "Eeeyup," He answered, passing the bag of supplies to his little sister. "Yay!" Applebloom bounded back to Sweet Apple Acres, shaking a bag of nails and hammers in her jaws.

Scootaloo couldn't even keep up with Applebloom while riding back to the barn. "She sure does seem excited," Sweetie Belle stated while she sat in the cart. "Eeeyup," Big Mac nodded in agreement.

The scooter ran into Sweet Apple Acres' dirt road, slowing it down about to about three miles an hour, Scootaloo flew faster, pushing the cart further down the road. Applebloom was jumping in the same spot, a huge smile on her face as she watched her friends and family approach her.