• Published 19th Jul 2013
  • 769 Views, 14 Comments

Slender Pony: The Arrival - PinkLemonLimeSprinkles



Twilight Sparkle tries to find her friend, Rainbow Dash, after she goes missing.

  • ...
3
 14
 769

Chapter 1: "Prologue

Twilight Sparkle looked desperately at her mailbox. She had sent another letter to her best friend, Rainbow Dash, just three days ago. As she stared at the white-painted mailbox, she heard a scooter wheel behind her. It was Scootaloo. The little orange Pegasus looked at Twilight with hopeful eyes.

"Did you get any letters from Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo asked. Her eyes almost begging for a yes.

Twilight sadly shook her head. "No. Scootaloo, I'm getting very worried."

Scootaloo looked at the mailbox. "Rainbow Dash used to send you letters all the time when she first moved to the Everfree Forest."

Twilight nodded. "But it must be hard for her. Since, her mom died."

Scootaloo looked sad. "Yeah. But it's been a month. Maybe I should go look for her."

Twilight sighed as a single tear slid down her flank. She looked at the Everfree Forest. She would never forget the day she was delivered the letter. The letter that Rainbow Dash sent when her mother passed. She hadn't answered any pony's letters since. Twilight turned to face the orange filly.

"Scootaloo, I'm going to get her. She needs to come home, and be with her friends."

Scootaloo nodded, and with sad eyes, stood up. "Bring my sister home."

Twilight walked inside the library and put on her pink and white striped scarf. "It will be cold out tonight."

She wrote a letter, telling Spike what was happening. She placed it near his bed, along with a small green gem. "Be back home soon."

She walked outside and told Scootaloo good-bye, and headed towards the Everfree Forest. When she got to the entrance, she sighed. "For Rainbow Dash." She walked inside, immediately walking a bit faster.

Twilight kept walking, when she tripped. When she picked herself up, she saw a large tree had fallen down. She jumped over it, and kept walking. Soon, she saw a tipped-over wheelbarrow. She was confused, but she kept walking, seeing it was getting darker by the minute.

She finally caught sight of Rainbow's large house, and walked up to the wide open gate. She was trotting, when she saw Rainbow's door was wide open. She ran in, seeing the room was trashed. Furniture everywhere. She even saw a black drawing on the wall of the forest, and a pony? She couldn't tell. The pony had no face, and instead of a tail, there were black tentacles. Twilight looked around the house, finding a picture that brought tears to her eyes.

Rainbow, smiling. She was flying in the air, her hair blowing in the wind. Next to her, was her mother. The white Pegasus with red, orange and yellow hair. Autumn Dash was very beautiful. Every pony was sad when she was killed by a mysterious stranger.

Twilight looked over on the table, seeing a gold key. She used her magic to take the key, and trotted upstairs. The windows were open, and Rainbow's room was locked. Twilight used the key, opening it. As she trotted in, she saw numerous pages that had sayings on them. They were all about the strange pony on the wall. Twilight was trying to figure out what these were, when she heard a scream.

A Rainbow Dash scream.