• Published 20th Feb 2012
  • 609 Views, 3 Comments

Timeless Harmony - Barrier Pavise



The mane 6 plunge themselves deep into a time traveling adventure that change the entire world as th

  • ...
 3
 609

Healing The Wounded

Timeless Harmony
Chapter 9 : Healing The Wounded
(Mane 6 P.O.V.)
A.N.
This chapter is pretty short and it shows what happens to Fluttershy after the failed Rainboom.

Filly Fluttershy stood shakily on a small tuft of cloud as she gripped tightly around the checkered flag in her mouth. Her eyes darted between the competitors and the crowd. Three pegasus ponies stood at the starting line. Rainbow Dash had always stood up for Fluttershy, but this was crazy! She called out Hoops and Weight to a race.

Fluttershy snapped back into reality, remember why she was here. The small pegasus lifted her head high and wave the starting flag, setting free the racers. Almost immediately, three blurrs whizzed past the yellow referee, causing her to lose her balance and be sent down to Equestria.

Fluttershy began plummeting down towards the ground, legs flailing and wings frantically flapping in a feeble attempt to avoid the fatal collision. At this age, the yellow pegasus could barely hover a foot off the ground, let alone halt a massive drop such as this. Fluttershy screamed at the top of her lungs, praying to Celestia for some sort of miracle. As fate would have it, she got one.

Just before she hit the ground, an unbelievably huge swarm of beautiful and colorful butterflies softened her landing and held her several feet above where she might have died. Fluttershy stared in awe at the insects, never before seeing such creatures. Her heart filled with such joy, she simply had to sing! So she did.

“What is this place, filled with so many wonders? Casting its spell that I am now under. Squirrels in the trees and the cute little bunnies. Birds flying free and the bees with their honey... Honey!” Fluttershy began to frolic amongst the woodland creatures, continuing to enchant them with her beloved voice. “Oh! What a magical place! And I owe it all to the pegasus race! If I knew the ground had so much up its sleeve, i'd of come here sooner and never leave! Yes. I. Love. Everything!!!” By the time Fluttershy hit that beautiful high note, a large crowd of woodland creatures like deer and bear cubs had gathered around the small pegasus.

But by the time she had finished her vocal enchantment, a large explosion took place not even a mile from here. Fluttershy turned her head in shock and fear towards were the great pegasus race was going to be reaching it's climax. The sight that greeted her was no less than horrifying. A large plume of smoke and debris filled the sky near Cloudsdale.

But that wasn't the problem. The problem was its after effects. The shock wave of whatever had caused that drop must of triggered some form inner brutality within the animals, causing them to all stampede. And poor Fluttershy was stuck right in the middle of it.

The animals showed no mercy. An all out charge was at hoof and there was no stopping it. The wild nature of the creatures of the forest kicked in as instinct gave them one distinct command; Run. But there was no attempt to hide from some mystical boom. Instead, there was the death charge of animals fearing for their lives.

Fluttershy was trampled, hooves and claws constantly battering her frail filly body. Deer stomped over her face, brutalizing her image. Large clusters of small animals continued beating her as they stormed by. She was done for.

But as she lay helpless on the floor, bleeding heavily and possibly deformed for life, the animals stopped. All of them had passed by her now and she was alone. Broken, beat and scarred. She could hardly move as it ached her body so much. So she wept. She cried and sobbed over the pain. In the back of her mind, she knew this was her fate. She knew this was where she'd die. So she closed her eyes and let the silent tears continue flowing as unconsciousness took hold.
---

“What is that?” thought Fluttershy to herself, still not fully aware. “It's so cold, but it feels amazing.” The wounded pegasus slowly blinked open her eyes. The image before her was no less than beautiful. A filly earthpony stood over her broken body, one with a coat of pure white and a mane of pale pink. She rubbed a wet sponge across Fluttershy's face while holding her head up with her other hoof.

“Ugh...who...who are you?” grumbled Fluttershy as she tried to turn her head to get a good look at the filly's face.

“Shh” she quieted as she returned back to work. Fluttershy was beaten up pretty bad. Her jaw was clearly broken and no doubt she had several broken ribs. The mysterious white filly said nothing more to the wounded pony as she continued trying to nurse her back to health. Fluttershy tried to be as cooperative as possible, but the pain made her squirm and yelp at times.

“Please,” began the white filly “I need you to stay still.”

“But...it hurts...so bad...” mumbled Fluttershy, words being slurred by her broken jaw.

“I know, but don't worry. I'm here for you.” The strangers voice was the most comforting sound Fluttershy could ever hear within the Whitetail Woods. The white earthpony then reached into her back sack she had and pulled out what looked a little like a black saddle.

“Okay, listen” she started. “I'm gonna have to lift you...and it's gonna hurt.” Fluttershy immediately cringed at the idea of moving but knew it was the only way. The earthpony lifted Fluttershy from her upper back into an upright sitting position. Fluttershy cringed and groaned from pain, but managed the task. Her right wing was also pretty damaged, but nothing permanent. The white filly brought unfolded the saddle looking object and wrapped it around Fluttershys chest.

“You've got a few broken ribs, this will stop them from getting any worse until we get to the hospital.”

“Uh, how do you know so much about this? And how did you find me?” asked Fluttershy hurting her jaw with each movement but desperately wanting to know more about the pony who probably just saved her life.

“I practice medical care at the hospital with Nurse Sweetheart. And I was here in the woods looking for medicinal plants when I heard the stampede and thought I'd check it out. Now please, stop trying to talk. You need to save your strength and we can't have you ruining that jaw anymore.” The white filly then bent down near Fluttershy and nudged her over her back. The hurting pegasus managed to mount her saviors back, but not without almost crying out in pain.

“Alright, so off to the hospital. Say, you got a name?”

“Um, yeah. It's Fluttershy” she replied, wincing as she spoke.

“Pleasure to meet you Ms. Fluttershy. And trust me, you'll be fine and I'll be with you ever step of the way.” The white filly gave a warm smile as she began to slowly trot off with Fluttershy on her back. Luckily, the pegasus had always been pretty scrawny and wasn't too much of a burden for the earth pony below her.

“But wait, how can I thank you for all of this without a name?” asked the yellow filly, manners still mattering to her a bit too much in her wounded state. The heroic white filly gave another welcoming smile at the pony on her back.

“The name's Jenny. Jenny Redheart. And I'm sure we're gonna be seeing a lot more of each other.”