• Published 16th Jul 2013
  • 566 Views, 17 Comments

Love and Understanding - Sadeipaw



A young stallion thinks he is on his way to becoming one of the leading minds in magic theory. Then his life falls apart as he is stuck with the burden of his autistic younger brother.

  • ...
0
 17
 566

Vector 1: The Slayer

I was looking up at a bronze tower in the middle of the wasteland portion of the plains while my flowing white robes embezzled with sword and staff inside a celestial sun blew with my long gold mane in the winds.

My sources had informed me that evil and profane magics were being preformed in this area and I kept coming back to the giant obelisk that seemed to tear its way to the heavens. Every pony and buffalo I asked about the tower said that it hadn't been there more then a week and it's construction was a mystery.

One wise medicine buffalo I heard of in a nearby village claimed to see the damned thing rise from the ground. “It was a horror of dark lighting and crackling shadow as it pierced from the ground, raping the earth and energies with perverse evil as it soared toward the rumbling sky with foal intent,” He claimed, his face going pale while his son held his weakened body up from collapsing before helping him back down gently to the blankets he had barely stood up from.

“How do I know you speak the truth?” I asked.

“Because Miss Heather... it was the last thing I saw before my sight was stolen from me,” He said looking me straight in the face with his glossy white eyes before coughing up dark phlegm filled with blood onto the dirt floor and gasping for air.

His son ushered me out of his tepee as they began to preform his last rites.

He died before the hour was over.

I shivered thinking about his words echoing in my head and began trotting closer to the spire, walking it's circumference and looking for any note of entryway while running my hoof around the hot metal that lined the tower finding nothing.

“Yep... Looks like your going to have to climb this thing,” My brain mocked as I pulled out a spell book from my robe pocket for quick reference.

After a little effort I managed to give my horseshoes a magnetic quality and attempted to step up the metal spire. I was then disappointed as my forehoof didn't seem to want to stick to the tower.

“Greeeat... Whatever type of metal this is isn't magnetic,” I snorted sinking to the sand and began looking through the book for another idea. What I found was immensely complicated and would take a lot out of me.

After drawing a circle in the ground for a base of the spell I withdrew a pegasus feather and pulled my dagger from it's rear leg sheath. After making sure I got the mathematics and geometry of the seal correct I set the feather inside the circle so it was standing up, plumes blowing in the wind.

“Now for the hard part,” My thoughts teased as I gripped the sharp blade in my mouth and stabbed myself twice in the appropriate spots on the back, flinging the blood toward center of the seal. As soon as a droplet of my life hit the feather it began to glow and I felt my body deform as muscle and bone ripped through my torn flesh growing into grey wings that matched the feather.

I cannot describe the horrible agony of acquiring wings for the but know this, it doesn't get any better even after the first time.

After blood began to flow back to my head and I began to see in normal hues instead of blinding white I looked toward the spire and pulled my wings through my robe slits before taking off toward the top.

As I reached the zenith of the tower I began to feel uneasy thinking again about the wise buffalo and his unfortunate death.

Author's Note:

Vectors are optional. They are here to paint more of an image of Heather Breeze. So read if you want to, ignore if you don't like a little more action in your stories.
(Who doesn't like the thought of assassin ponies with magic finding and destroying dark evil anyway? XD)

(Edited 7/16/13 1:24 AM)