• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 2,307 Views, 48 Comments

Thunderous Wrath - SweetPeachTea



A young alicorn possessing an old mind must adapt to life in Equestria. | Crossover | Mortal Kombat

  • ...
3
 48
 2,307

Birth

There had been the slightest shift of reality. The dimensions tickled by the slightest twinge. The planes of existence rippling for a brief moment. The consequence of such disruption caused my soul to become displaced, my form molded to appeal to this realms preferred shape. It caused the land known as Equestria to suffer a furious tempest, the world sensing a great power’s arrival, and the inhabitants forced to summon their citizens to flee or face the harsh winds, icy droplets, and bellowing thunder that both raged and birthed me. The land was left devastated, the winged-folk of this realm unable to control the storms that injured many and slaughtered few. It lasted a night and a day, the grounds soaked and muddied as debri sprinkled the land. The citizens clambered and struggled to regain what was lost, their eyes wide and soaked forms trembling as I awoke from my deep slumber. My mind dull and body numb as I struggled against the darkness that attempted to swallow me whole once more.

My body was new, I quickly realized, the form small, underdeveloped and young. And startlingly feminine in both structure and anatomy. I blinked, bewildered as I regained my senses, my gaze focused upon two sets of hooves. No. Four. I stretched to the best of my abilities and attempted movement, struggling to become mobile as my mind began to adapt to such a beastial form. My gaze shifted, taking in the sight of bent and scattered trees that splintered and swayed uneasily upon exposed roots. The sky was clear, the storm banished from this place. I began my first steps toward exploring this world, my mind eager to take in as much information as possible. It was only when I discovered a puddle that I realize that I could take advantage of the shallow pool’s abilities. I stepped forward, my gaze soon clashing with my reflection’s. I took note of my features, curiosity causing me to stare for a long while.

A pelt that was a pale blue.

A mane that was shockingly white.

Gleaming eyes that shined bright.

A horn that sprouted from my forehead.

Wings that were tucked securely to my sides.

A brand that revealed the image of a sphere that crackled with electrical power.

A shape that appeared both female and young.

I mulled in silence, pondering my fate as I shifted both my gaze and weight. I did not desire communication at the moment, comfortable with solitude as I dwelled within this weak shape. I would seek answers at a later time. For now, I would simply learn in silence and seek out answers to the many questions that lay before me. I did not seek death or injury. And I remained unaware to how the species that surrounded me would react to my existence. I would not accept the risk if I could not properly defend myself from confrontation. I was weak. Yet I could feel that familiar power that rested deep within me, securely coiled and untapped. It would require effort in order for me to harness such power without the limbs that channeled them through my form with ease. I released a small grunt, wincing as I realized that even my voice had been altered.

I shut my eyes, taking comfort in the darkness. My mind. What did I remember? What had I lost? I released a noise, the sound garbled and strained. It was as though something, or someone, had cleansed my mind of my history. I could not recollect those who I encountered or why I encountered them. I was only reminded of who I was, what I was, and the power that I had once wielded. Knowledge of the world remained, but what I had done within such a world remained out of reach. It was difficult to explain. It was difficult to comprehend.

“I am Raiden. Eternal god of thunder. Former protector of Earthrealm,” I muttered, squinting my eyes.

I panted after a short moment, unable to control my breathing as panic began to grip me. Eventually I regained my composure, inclining my head as I focused upon what must be done. I moved forward, my expression remaining stoic as I pushed forward aimlessly.

---

The world here was bright and calm. There was peace. A peace that felt oddly unfamiliar, for I have, if the remnants of my memory served me well enough, encountered countless moments of confrontation and battle throughout my existence. A butterfly fluttered toward me, fearless as it settled itself upon my nose. The corners of my lips twitched upward at the sight, its wings possessing a magnificent shade of yellow. It eventually flew elsewhere, my eyes following its movements for a short while. I continued my journey, my pace steady, my gaze taking in what could be seen. I remained uninterrupted for some time, coming to appreciate my small form that could tuck itself away so easily as I eyed potential locations where I could both hide and reside in.

Something flew over head. Close. Too close. I ducked, pressing myself to the soaked ground.

“Whoa!”

I turned my head, greeted with the sight of a flying creature. Its cerulean pelt and rainbow mane capturing my attention as I allowed my gaze to take in the new shape. It flapped its wings, turning abruptly to face me, its eyes staring down at me as it approached. I retreated a few steps, cocking my head to the side, my eyes wide and lacking expression. The creature appeared curious, scowling as it eyed me.

“Hey, kid! Where are your folks?” She questioned.

I remained silent. I had nothing to say, after all. The creature eyed the surrounding area and then scowled.

“I don’t see anyone, kid. Are you lo- Wait!”

She circled me, eventually landing, her eyes squinted as she appraised my form.

“An alicorn?”

My eyes gleamed as a surge of power flowed through my horn, the creature struck with a sudden charge of electricity. She paused in movement after several seconds, her eyes wide before she eventually collapsed, her lips curled and teeth bared as she twitched violently. Her legs spasmed and kicked as she released a silent shout of agony. I fled, sparing a single glance over my shoulder before hurrying elsewhere. It was likely she recovered seconds later, for she released a ragged shout, her rage obvious. She did not, or could not, follow. For I found myself alone once more, the temporary peace welcomed as I gathered my thoughts.

The dominant species are likely of similar shape and structure. She spoke casually until she realized I possessed an odd shape. And, it is very likely that I am an ‘alicorn’, my features likely confirming her suspicions when she noticed both my forehead and wings, I concluded.

I paused, reaching upward to touch my horn. It was warm as it tingled, the feeling altogether pleasant. I enjoyed the sensation it gave me. That burst of power that offered me a pleasurable feeling of some kind. I found myself smiling as I breathed deep. The creature eventually reappeared, rushing, her eyes narrowed as she passed. She did not see me, for I had hidden myself away within a clump of leaves. I glanced upward once she was gone, the sky growing pale. Darkness began to gnaw away at the light, causing the sun to flee as the moon replaced its brighter sibling.

---

I had located an abandoned shed as a certain heaviness had begun to form in my limbs, my movements sluggish as my eyelids drooped. I desired rest, so I sought out a form of shelter. Locating an abandoned shed, I eyed the surrounding area. It appeared safe. Quiet. Unknown. Abandoned. And the shed appeared empty, lacking any amount of equipment for later use. I rested within, eyeing the dusty window and curling up on the wooden surface. The floor creaked, the occasional bug brushed against me, and the sound of crickets chirped loudly in my ear. But it remained decent enough to serve as temporary shelter. Once I shut my eyes, darkness consumed me as sleep conquered and my mind was allowed rest.

---

Vigilance eyed the area, the flashlight placed securely within his jaws as he scoped out his gloomy surroundings. There had been multiple looters who had recently took advantage of the storm’s aftermath. And he had been sent in this direction to investigate any odd happenings. There were other law enforcers surrounding Ponyville, while several more were patrolling the streets, protecting the shops and their inhabitants from anyone who might take advantage of their situation. Despite him being an official hospital staff member, his employer had requested that he assist in the security portion of protecting Ponyville until the buildings could be properly repaired and peace was restored.

“Hm...”

There was nopony to be seen, the area, at the moment, secure. Hours had passed, the night’s stars twinkling beautifully within the sky as Luna’s moon offered the land a dim glow. The looters were likely gone by now, taking advantage of the night and slipping away with whatever stolen goods that were in their possession. Vigilance heaved a sigh, releasing his grip on the flashlight which fell from his mouth with a soft thud. Rubbing his tired jaw, he licked his lips, his gaze drifting toward a small building that the device’s light had focused on as it rolled. Deciding not to leave the area untouched and unchecked, he approached with the electrical light, peeking into the building. At first, there was nothing to be seen. A touch of mold here. The obvious rot of wood and scurrying termite there. And then, he spotted something out of place.

It appeared to be a pegasi, at first. A tiny filly. Likely lost. His eyes softened, the image of his daughter coming to mind. They were likely similar ages. Perhaps she was lost? Pegasi tended to stick to the clouds, after all. The storm could have swept her up and dumped her in the surrounding area. The tiny thing yawned, raising her head, and revealing a horn. Vigilance nearly dropped his flashlight, a shocked expression contorting his usually stern features.

Sweet Celestia...

Author's Note:

This is, actually, my first fanfic. I recently started playing Mortal Kombat and I decided to create a fanfiction so that I could study one of the characters that interested me. I also enjoy writing. So, I decided to toy around with the idea. I apologize for any errors. And I'll try my best to supply a decent story to people who are interested.