• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 489 Views, 4 Comments

Radio waves - Ramboom



A 14 year old girl, called Sky and her best friend, Casey where camping on the edge of the bush when they discovered some marks on their hips. This is Sky's story.

  • ...
 4
 489

-1-

I was outside in the rain, hitting a ball around with my hocky stick. I wanted to get better, no good, today I had gotten the hocky stick it was my first hocky stick it was a red and black X17 fild hocky stick. I lived in Australia, it didn't snow where I lived. so no frozen lakes. I was am inspired by dad, I wanted to play hocky til year 12. I was in year 8. All I could do was hit the ball and sometimes hit the wall which was about the size of a goal. I wanted I prayed that I would play professionally, I doubted it.

There was a knock on the door, then a knock on the side gate, I opened it, it was my best friend, Casey.
"Hey Casey!"
"Hey Sky, are you ready to go Camping!?"
"Yeh, my dad is letting us use shimmer and penguin! oh let me grab my saddlebag." I ran upstairs to my room and I grabbed my bag.
"Really, I better say goodby and we will get going." I ran inside and said goodby to my dad, my mum died when I was very young. We lived on a huge horse farm, my friend Cassy lived across the road, from house to house it was about a 10 minute walk. Cassy parents own a cattle farm, me and my dad often help with the driving the cattle from place to place. To put our farms to scal, mine is a peanut and hers is guitar.

We put the gear on the horses, Casey doesn't have any horses so we let her and her parents use some of ours, Casey's likes penguin the best, we call him penguin because he looks like one. Shimmer is my white horse she is white with a few gray spots on her back. I put Casey's stuff in a saddle bag and added stuff for penguin. I had stuff for shimmer in my bag, I also modified my saddle bag so I could plug in a IPod and have music played through a loud set of speakers, that I made out of a loud set of headphones. Shimmer and Penguin are used to the music on it, I don't add any music to it.

We rode our horses to a remote part of land in Casey's farm. It was on the next to the fence. We set up camp and around the campfire Casey gave me a present and I gave her a present too, I gave her Derpy that I knitted, and Casey gave me a pony she made up for me, it was sky blue pegeis with a deeper blue mane and tail, for it's cuti mark it had a microphone. I hosted on my dad's radio station from 3:00 to 5:00 Monday to Friday. I had more liseners then when my dad is on.
"Cassy, I can't beleve you found this for me!"
"I love Derpy, I love this!" We hugged eachouther then we went into the tent.

In the morning I found a sky blue wavy tail coming out from my tailbone. I started to shake and I left the tent. I feed Shimmer and Penguin
Casey woke up. "Ahhhhhhh."
I ran into the tent and saw Casey staring at her blond tail. "You too, my dad may have gotten told about this, we should get their as soon as we can." Classy nodded and we packed up, Shimmer could tell that it was urgent and she cantered as soon as we where on and about to go. I had tucked my tail in and Casey sat on hers.

In about 1 hour we where at my house, I jumped of Shimmer and she was exhausted, I filled up a trough with water which was outside my house. I ran inside the house, using the key I keep around my neck. Dad was setting up recordings for the day. I waited outside for him to finish. He came out not long after he saw me.
"Sky, what's wrong, you should be another hour."
"We rushed the horses, but it is urgent."
"What is it?"
I fished my tail out of my pants and my dad was shocked, he walked around me, "you done looking, do you know what is happening?"
"No," Dad pulled my tail and it just flicked. "This is real, you can't get surgery like this, not in half a days trot."
"I know that, what do you think is happening!"
"I don't know"
"Will you send me away?"
"No I-" he was interrupted by his computer. I left to go and put away Penguin and Shimmer. Casey was there,
"What happened"
"I don't know. Dad got a emergency email, that might be it."
"Oh ok, lets put away the horses." I nodded then led Shimmer to her stall, behind the house, I put her gear away and fed her and gave her fresh water, I also put a blanket over her so she would cool down slowly, Casey did the same to Penguin. I gave her some extra treats then I need to reward her.

Casey left to tell her dad what is happening to us. I went inside and dad looked upset and nothing can make my dad upset.
"What's wrong?"
"The government, they are hunting down anyone who is turning into a pony."
I sat down on the closest chair, this is not good. Then all of a sudden it felt like my back was splitting open, I started to cry. Dad went to pat me on the back and I groaned. Dad lifted up my shirt and saw my back growing wings, he didn't know about it though. I striped of my shirt and got the butcher knife, I cut open my shirt and carefully put in back on. I was shaking as I put the knife down.

"It's time for my section is it not."
"I don't think you should do it."
"So it is not TV"
"Fine"

I sat down in my chair and put the headphones on,
"Good afternoon, I have to tell you this. If someone you know or see is turning into a pony, please go to the closest hospital, this is an unknown cause, they wish to control the spread of this so please do so. Back to the good stuff, I have some emails, remember if you want to email us the address is summersky@horses.com our first email comes from Danny, she asks what is it like out on a farm? Well we have no tv or Mobil just Internet and radio so find a good hobby." It went like that for the 2 hours I was in their.

I put down my headphones and went out to take care of Shimmer, Dad does the rest of the horses when I am on air. It took an hour, but I love doing this. My ears started to feel strange I looked at my reflection in the water. I had pony ears, I could hear every little thing. I ran over to Casey's and I found her outside watching the clouds.
"Casey?"
"Yeh." She sat up then I could see that her eyes where looking in 2 different ways.
"What happened to your eyes?!"
"I'm turning into Derpy what else?"
"I thought, never mind"
"You thought what? Muffins?"
"No"
"Awww"
"Your mind is changing, you wouldn't have said that before."
"The plush I made for you, it was I made to reflect you."
"So my mind won't change."

Author's Note:

I recently started hocky, and I wrote that when I first practiced, that is the type of stick I have, my baby brouther wanted it, but we where shopping for mine.