• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 1,497 Views, 19 Comments

Beyblade: Battles are Magic - theultimatebrony



Hello. You call me Archer. I was just in a bey tournament when I ended up in a world of talking ponies

  • ...
8
 19
 1,497

Family Matters

"Let's hit him all at once girls," Twilight said as her bey moved towards mine.

It had been two weeks since I learned of my Equestrian heritage. I had spent most of the time I wasn't working training or working on my new abilities ever since. I was currently in a six on one battle against Twilight and her friends.

"Special Move!" Twilight called, "Lightning Horn!"

Rainbow made her pegasus fly up over the edge of the stadium, "Special Move! Rainboom Smash!"

"Horn Smash!" Applejack yelled.

I spread my wings and they ignited. Just before the beys hit I called out, "Flare Twister!"

The familiar wall of flame caused Bull, Striker, and Pegasus to fly out of the stadium immediatly. I made short work of Gasher and Virgo. Sagittario then began to circle Fluttershy's Orion. I knew regular attacks would have little to no affect so I had to go with full force.

I had Sagittario accelerate around the stadium and called, "Nova Burst!"

Orion flew out of the stadium and I could hear Scootaloo behind me saying, "That was awsome Archer!"

I turned my head and said, "Do you want to battle me?"

"Really?"

"I've got enough power left for another fight."

Scootaloo ran to the otherside of the stadium. I had been helping her put with her battleing, though I had yet to face her.

Scootaloo grabbed her launcher with her hoof and gripped the ripcord with her teeth. I heard her say, "Let t rip!" as her bey flew into the stadium.

Storm Pegasus began to attack Sagittario, causing sparks to fly. After a few seconds of using this tactic, Scootaloo had her Pegasus pull away and fly up the edge of the stadium.

"I'm going to try a new special move," she said with confidence, "Storm Cannon!"

A blue bolt fell from the sky and I said, "Flare Twister."

Pegasus was swallowed by the flames. But instead of being knocked out, it bouced off the side of the stadium amd knocked Sagittario to the edge.

"Did she just do that?" I could here Applebloom whispered.

"Good job," I said with a smile, "Now it's time."

I had Sagittario speed around the stadium, "Nova Burst!"

Just before the attack hit, Pegasus moved out of the way and Sagittario flew over the edge, "Reverse Flare!"

This was the final attack. As Scootaloo's friends congradulated her, I picked up her still steaming bey and folded my wings.

I looked up a the sky and saw that the sun was almost down, "Time for everyone to go home."

It took a little time to sepparate Scootaloo from Sweetiebelle and Applebloom. Last week she told her friends that she was an orphan and that she was living with me. They were happy for her, but now it was harder to get them apart.

As Scootaloo and I walked back to the cabin, I said, "You did a great job in that battle."

She looked up at me and said, "I nearly had you there."

"I can't believe you figured out a special move. It was a powerful one."

"I was a little worried you would use Wrath of Helios."

I rubbed Scootaloo's mane, "Only if you had lasted through Reverse Flare."

We entered the cabin and I flicked my wrist, causing the fireplace to ignite. I went to my bed and lifted the
mattress, revealing some papers. I pulled them out and Scootaloo asked what they were for.

--------------------------------------------------------Flashback

I had just finished talking to Celestia about Helios and was walking down the hall when I saw a black alicorn.

She walked over to me and said, "Archer?"

I nodded, "Who are you and how do you know my name?"

"I am Princess Luna. I know who you are because my sister told me. Though I did not realize Father would give you his power."

I then figured out that this was Celestia's sister and one of the daughters of Helios.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I said with a bow.

"I merely wish to give you these," Luna levitated to papers and I took them. They were adoption papers and they had Scootaloo's name on them.

"Why did you give me these?" I asked.

"I saw in your dreams that you wanted the little filly to be your family. I also saw it in her own dreams. This was the first time since you came to Equestria you had anything other than a nightmare."

I remembered Twilight telling me about how one of the princesses was able to walk through dreams, so I wasn't as surprised by this, "I'll think about it."

"That is all I ask."
--------------------------------------------------------

"Now," I concluded, "I want to ask you if you would like me to adopt you."

Scootaloo was silent for several minutes before wrapping her forelegs around my waist, "Yes. But I need to show you something first."

Scootaloo led me outside and away from the farm. We walked through a wooded area for about half an our before coming to an area covered in stones. She led me to specific stone.

"Hi Mom," Scootaloo said, "This is Archer, the human I was telling you about."

Right then I realized that I was standing in a graveyard. I held out my palm and a ball of fire appeared on it. I bent down and read the stone.

Here Lies Skatealoo. May She Rest In Peace.

I placed my other palm on the tombstone and said, "Hello. If you don't mind, I'd like to adopt your daughter. I swear that I will keep her safe and always be there."

"How touching," a sarcastic voice said from behind.

I turned and in the dim light I could see the outline of Shadow, "Get away from here!"

"Fine, just let me leave a parting gift," Shadow pressed his hand to the ground and disappeared.

"We need to leave," I said before feeling jaws clamp on my leg.

I looked down to find an earth pony stallion biting my leg. I lit my fist ablaze and smashed the undead pony's skull. I picked up Scootaloo and spread my wings and flew high above the ground. Some pegasi followed us and I shot fire at them.

I began to look around and saw a reflection on the ground a mile away. I flew towards the spot as fast as I could and landed beside a small lake.

I heard rustling in the trees and put Scootaloo in the water, "When I say 'now' I need you to dive as deep as you can for as long as possible."

"Archer?" she said.

"Trust me on this, okay?" The rustling was getting louder.

"Okay."

I launched my bey and ignited it. When the first of the undead walked out of the woods, I yelled, "Now Scoots!"

I let out all the power I possesed in a cry of rage. The entire area was enveloped in flames. When I ran out of energy, the fire died down and Scootaloo came up, gaspingf or breath.

"Are you alright?" I was on my knees, panting.

She nodded, "Are you okay?"

"Ask me when I puke up my liver."

I looked around and saw that the blast had vaporized everything for about a hundred yards. I was feeling lightheaded when a rainbow blur spead towards us.

"Are you two alright?" Rainbow asked.

"Yes," I tried to stand up and fell back to the ground, "How did you find us?"

"I could see that blast. We need to get you to a hospital."

I hefted myself up onto Rainbow's back and she began to walk. She was somehow able able to hold me up and still move at a brisk pace, with Scootaloo beside her.

After about an hour, we made it to the hospital. I was checked in and put in a room. The doctors bandaged my leg and did some tests. While the results were being readied, the other five girls came.

The doctor came in and Applejack asked, "What's wrong with him doc?"

"He has expended high levels of energy," the doctor said, "He should rest for a few days without using much energy."

"Does that mean I shouldn't beyblade?" I asked.

"Yes, though you can go home tomorrow."

"Thank's Doctor. Can I speak to my friends in private please?"

"Yes."

The doctor left and I told the girls what happened. They were horrified that Shadow rose the dead to try to kill me and Scootaloo.

The doctor came back in and said, "I'm sorry ladies, but I have to ask you to leave."

"Can Scootaloo stay with me?" I asked.

The doctor looked at me, then at Scootaloo, "Fine, she can stay."

The others left and I drifted off to sleep.

--------------------------------------

The next day I woke up and checked out of the hospital. I had to put an ointment on my bite every few hours for a week. Rainbow Dash found me and I asked her to get the papers from my house. She did and I took Scootaloo to the Ponyville Orphanage.

I stood in front of the door and asked, "Are you ready for this?"

She pressed her body against my leg, "Yep."

I went inside and talked to the worker there. She was saying that it would be expensive and take time to file the paperwork. Then I pulled out the papers Princess Luna gave me and the mare treated me like royallty.

We left and I said, "So, your my daughter now. Do you know what this calls for?"

Scootaloo just looked up at me.

"A party!"

We had Pinkie through a party and it was even better than my welcome party.