• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 1,497 Views, 19 Comments

Beyblade: Battles are Magic - theultimatebrony



Hello. You call me Archer. I was just in a bey tournament when I ended up in a world of talking ponies

  • ...
8
 19
 1,497

A New World. (AKA I'm shirtless in a pony's bed)

When I awoke I was staring at what looked like the inside of a tree. I sat up and looked around the room. I was in a circular room with a desk in the corner. I looked down at myself and saw that my shirt was missing. I looked under the blanket to make sure my pants and jacket were there, which they were.

"Hello," a feminine voice said. I looked up to see a purple unicorn. "Are you alright?"

"Aside from the fact I'm talking to a unicorn and I think I might have a concussion."

The unicorn's horn glowed and a light shot at me. My hands went to my belt when I remembered that my bey wasn't there.

"Well you don't have any cracked or broken bones so you should be fine."

"Where's my bey?"

The unicorn looked confused, "What's a bey?"

"You know, a beyblade. A metal and plastic top."

The unicorn facepalm-er-hoofed, "It's downstairs. I'll go get it."

"Thank you."

When the unicorn left I got off the bed and put on my jacket. I left the room, ducking at the doorway, and went downstairs. When I got down there, there were six horses and what looked like a small dragon.

"Uh, hello." I greeted, "Who are you all?"

The horses introduced themselves. The orange one that sounded like she knew Sandy Cheeks was Applejack(she did't get my joke when I asked). The pink one was Pinkie Pie. The blue and rainbow maned pegasus was Rainbow Dash. The yellow and pink pegasus was named Fluttershy(I think because she so quiet). The white and purple unicorn was named Rarity. The unicorn I met upstairs was named Twilight Sparkle and her dragon friend was Spike.

When they were done introducing themselves, I said, "You can call me Archer. Now, about my beyblade."

"Oh yes. Right here," Twilight levitated my bey towards me, "I was just studying it."

I took Sagittario in my hand. As my fingers closed around it, seven spheres of light appeared and flew to the horses and Spike. Those beams of light turned into beyblades.

"How did these get here?" Twilight asked, levitating a Ray Striker.

"What are they anyway," Rainbow Dash asked, staring at a Cosmic Pegasus.

I explained what beyblades were and how we used them for games on my world. As for how they and I got here,
I had no idea. Applejack said I was passed out at her farm.

When I was done Twilight asked, "Can you show us how use these?"

I slipped Sagittario into a holder on my belt, "If we were somewhere more open and non-flammable I would but-
"

I was interrupted by a flash of light. When I could see again we were in a grassy area with a large amount of
boulders.

"What just happened," I asked, trying not to vomit up my lunch.

"I teleported us here to an abandoned field at Applejack's farm," Twilight replied.

"Warn me next time please."

"Sorry. Could you show us how to use these now."

I pulled out my bey and launcher, "First, could you tell me what world I'm on."

"You are in the country of Equestria on the world Equis. We are just outside of the town Ponyville."

"Based on that name I guess you like the term pony over horse."

"Quite correct."

"Well then my little ponies, it's time to see something awsome."

I launched my bey and broke straight through one of the boulders.

"Awsome," Rainbow whispered.

"Just look at this. Wait, do you have a fire protection spell or something?" Twilight nodded. "Well, then. Flare
Twister!"

The vortex of flame erupted from my bey, melting some of the rocks near it. Seconds after using my move, however, I felt a sharp pain in my side and I dropped to my knees. The fire stopped and I returned Sagittario to my hand.

"Are you alright?" Twilight asked.

"Fine," I muttered, " My last battle wiped out my strength. Could I have one if those apples please?"

"Sure thing," Applejack replied, running to the trees.

When she brought one back I thanked her and began to eat. That apple was the best I had ever tasted.

When I told her this she said, "You think that's good? Just wait for Zap Apple season."

Before I could ask what a Zap Apple was, Twilight asked, "I did not realize you could use magic."

"Humans can't use magic," I replied and took amother bite.

"But you made your top catch on fire and then it returned to you. Oh, did it hurt when it touched you?" Pinkie Pie said rapidly.

"First of all, my bey catching on fire is called a special move."

I then spent the next ten minutes explaining the connection between bey and blader and how a special move works.

"Do you mind if I see your launcher?" Twilight asked.

"I don't mind," I handed her my launcher.

Twilight levitated the launcher and attached her bey to it. She magically pulled the cord and her bey launched.

"Why won't it go anywhere?" Twilight asked after about thirty seconds.

"How hard have you been trying?"

"I've been putting all my focus onto it."

I chuckled, "There's your problem. You just need to apply a little focus in the direction you want your bey to go."

Twilight took my advice and her Striker began to sped all around the field for about two minutes before it lost power.

"That was interesting," Twilight said, levitating her bey back to herself, "Do you have another launcher?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Sorry, the rest are back where I came from."

Twilight thought about this for a moment, "I think I know somepony who can make some."

So we walked from the orchard into town. It was a long walk, but I spent most of the past two years traveling so I was fine. When we were in town I noticed a large number of ponies staring at me. I also noticed that most had sime sort of marking on their flanks. I decided not to say anything as I did not want ponies to think I had been staring.

We made it to a large tree and Twilight said, "Spike and I are going to send a letter to the princess. After that we can get those launchers."

After they went inside, a mint green unicorn ran up to me. She squeeled like a fangirl and said, "Oh my Celestia! Are you a real human?"

"Uh, yes?" something about this unicorn disturbed me.

"Yes! Oh I knew human mythology was real!"

"There's mythology about us?"

"Yes, though I am one of the few who believe. Could I see your hands,"

She was making me feel really uncomfortable. I was about to lose my cool when Pinkie pulled a muffin out of no where and stuck it on the unicorn's back.

I was about to ask what that was for when I heard someone yell, "Muffin!"

A grey pegasus tackled the unicorn. Applejack looked at me and said, "You might want to follow us."

The ponies ran and I wasted no time following them. We ran until we reached a clock shop.

When inside a brown stallion looked at me and simply said, "I owe Lyra twenty bits."

Just then there was a flash of light and Twilight appeared in the room. We explained the beyblades and how the six ponies and dragon somehow obtained them.

When we were done the stallion, whose name I learned to be Time Turner, said, "Your story is strange. The stranger thing is that this morning on if these 'beyblades' appeared to me as well. I'll go fetch it."

Turner went into a back room and returned with many pieces of paper, metallic objects and a bey. He put them on the table and I could see that the bey was a Twisted Tempo. I had never fought one but I had heard that they were hard to beat.

"I have been working all day to find a way to make this top work," Turner said as he tried to tie a gauntlet that looked similar to a launcher to one of his legs, "This is what I've came up with."

Turner tied a hook-like device to his other leg. He then inserted his bey into the launcher. He put the hook on a loop and pulled. Tempo was launched and I had to move out of the way before it hit me.

"Sorry about that."

I was about to say it was no problem when I heard a belching sound. I turned and saw Spike holding a scroll. Twilight took the scroll and began to read.

"Archer," she said, "the princess wishes to meet you."