• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 351 Views, 5 Comments

Heroes of Tyria - rex1493



Zhaitans death gave fear to the remaining Elder Dragons. So much so that one decided to find an easier world to corrupt.

  • ...
4
 5
 351

Whitetail Woods

In that instance, pride was the dominate emotion spreading from ‘the great and powerful’ Trixie. It shown in her eyes and the way she posed, truly believing the words she spoke for that instant. However, that pride quickly transformed into shame and sadness. Her shoulders visibly drooped and her stance became less certain.

“Or at least, Trixie was the great and powerful,” her reply was low and hoarse. Deciding that this situation required more tact and poise, Occultis set about creating a small camp. Using the small clearing they already occupied, a small fire lined with smooth rounded rocks was put together. Already taking off her pack and sitting on the soft soil, Occultis bade for Trixie to join her. Trixie cautiously joined her, sitting opposite to the human, the flame acting as a guardian for her. Occultis spent the next several moments empting her pack of supplies she prepared so long ago in the Straits of Devastation.

“Does oatmeal sound appealing?” questioned Occultis.

“Trixie will take what you offer, but she also has several questions. It is not every day you meet some new species,” was Trixie’s response. Occultis was taking things in stride; meeting a mare with such an amount of self-doubt was not a good start, but perhaps she could learn quite a bit from her.

Getting to work preparing their lunch, Occultis formulated her reply, “Ask your question but I wish to ask one in return.”

Trixie stiffened slightly, “Where is Tyria, and what can you tell me about it? I have never heard of such a land.”

Occultis smiled softly, “That was two questions.” Trixie deflated slightly, thinking the probe for information would now go unanswered. Occultis ignored her and continued, “It is far from here, even with magical sight you still would be unable to see it. Tyria is a continent with dense jungles of the Maguuma, high mountains of the Shiverpeaks, forests of the Blood Legion and Ascalon, and the sandy Crystal Desert. Throughout the ages, the continent has changed. From seas turning into deserts, the sinking of grand kingdoms and the scorching of lands, with flooded cities, and deserts turned green.”

The gears in Trixie’s mind could easily be seen churning away, processing all this information. She was a showmare herself and knew when performances were just tricks and lies to the audience. However, this news from Occultis had her somewhat giddy. A new world, new stories to learn and new audiences to watch her wonderful shows! Trixie became determined to learn more about this stranger.

Trixie’s train of thought was cut off by a soft cough from Occultis, “I believe it is my turn to ask a question?” Trixie simply nodded in consent. The question, however, was not something she wished to answer.

“Why are you sad?”

Those dreaded four words brought back her experiences from the previous day. Claiming the town of Ponyville as her own and defeating her rival in a magical duel. She had lost herself, unable to accept that somepony was stronger than her in magic. So she had plotted and found an ancient artifact that would enhance her magical potential, unaware of the fact it was slowly breaking her mind.

Trixie’s response was slow and drawn out, seemingly unwilling to let the words leave her mouth, “Trixie made a mistake and lost herself to her own desires. Once word spreads of the dark deeds Trixie committed, no city will ever allow her in. All she wanted was to be stronger! More powerful than any other unicorn! Then Trixie found that accursed amulet and thought she could control it. How silly of the Great and Powerful Trixie to not believe otherwise!” She needed to let that out, it had been building inside of her since last night; causing nothing but more self-pity and grief at her failure.

The smell of burning oatmeal reached the two’s noses and Occultis quickly took the pot off the flame. Pulling two smaller wooden bowls out of her pack; she poured an equal measure into both, passing one to Trixie.

Seeing such a large quantity of items coming from such a small bag, Trixie couldn't help but ask her next question, “How does such a small bag hold so many items?”

Chuckling, Occultis took a small bite of her oakmeal, motioning for Trixie to follow suit. As she swallowed Occultis answered simply, “Asuran magicks. They can be very convoluted sometimes but often enough they come up with useful items. This bag simply has more room on the inside.”

Trixie had never heard of such a spell, she would have trashed her beaten up cart ages ago if she had access to those bags.

Deciding to finish their game of Q & A, Occultis pointed in the direction she was headed and asked her final question, “Where am I headed?”

Trixie turned her head to follow Occultis’s finger. Seeing it was pointed to the trail her cart had left behind, her face twisted into a smirk, “Why further into the Whitetail Woods. It would be unwise to travel any further in that direction, for you will find nothing worth your time.” Trixie believed she was doing the right thing. Occultis was new to Equestria and Trixie didn’t want the human’s view of her home shattered by the unaccepting nature of those ponys. Occultis frowned but said nothing. She could tell Trixie believed those words, but felt anger and fear when they were spoken. Finishing their oatmeal, Occultis formulated her plan of action.

“I will be heading toward Ponyville and I would greatly appreciate it if you were to join me,” Occultis stated. She began to pack her bowls and pot, snuffed out the fire, and started to walk slowly in the direction Trixie had come from. Trixie was at a lose, she wanted to learn of the land Occultis was from and hear tales of her travels. This opportunity could save her career! On the other hoof, she would have to get closer to that wretched town. The inner battle for safety or adventure ended abruptly when Occultis became just out of sight. Throwing caution to the wind, Trixie tore after Occultis, cursing under her breath, as she tried to catch up and drag her damaged cart back to Ponyville.