• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 615 Views, 24 Comments

Pony Tails - Jonah Fun



2 young girls find themselves in Equestria. They set out to find lives for themselves, and answers for their forgotten pasts.

  • ...
5
 24
 615

Four

Granny Smith was an old, wrinkly pony, Her fur was light green and creased everywhere imaginable, and most days she would spend forgetting how to bake delicious treats that only she had the ability to conjure, babbling on to herself about the most remote things until she remembered.

In contrast, Big Macintosh was the complete opposite of Granny Smith. With his strong hooves apple red fur and he was a very quiet type and generally kept his opinions to himself unless he knew they were relevant. The untrained eye would see him as simple, but there was actually far more gears in this pony's head then anyone could expect at a glance.

The 2 were in the living room of their house, sharing a small break from work besides a toasty fire place. It was small for a living room, with barely enough space to swing a cat. Drawers sat on the sides mounted by family photos and stairs at the back went up to the ponies original rooms. A sweet smell of apple pie drafted in from the doorway to the kitchen, of which Applejack seemed to sourly ignore as she stormed into the room. Granny noticed her impatience, and asked her of her well being.
Applejack explained what had happened to her and Twilight, explaining the 2 human's questionable appearances and rose's cold glare in great detail.

"They were like tombstones, I tell ya! Stone-like and ghostly. Sends me the shivers whenever I glance at er."
"They sound like they're in an awful lotta stress, to me." said Granny Smith
"They're in a awful lotta stress? They certain didn't show it if they were. They were jus blankin us the whole journey."
"They just sound scared to me" said Big Mac in a low, simple voice.
"Well I don't trust um. Specially not that small un. There's some-in not quite right bout her that I-" She cut off by her little sister Applebloom, who had entered the room with a large groan
"Applebloom, ain't you sposed to off adventurin wit those cutie mark crusader pals of yours?" Applebloom shook her head in annoyance.
"Nah, they're all busy. Sweetie Belle's helping her sister with her fashion stuff, and Scootaloo's busy practicin with her scooter. Ain't it possible that could-" Applejack caught her mid-sentence;
"No, Applebloom. You are not gonna play with that young alien. You heard the big one, she likes bein alone."
"But siiiis"
"But nothin. No sister of mine's gonna be consorting with those creatures til I know i can trust um."
As if to stop the on-coming arguement, Granny Smith made a rather good point;
"Isn't it a doozy that they can speak our language?" The 3 siblings turned their head to the old horse, all questioned what she had just said in their minds. Applebloom shook her head again.
"Ugh, whatever, I don't care anyways." she unconvincingly whined. With that, she made her way to the stairs and sulked off to her room. They waited in silence until Applebloom had slammed her door shut
"Aw, she'll get over it. She'll bounce back just like a spring as she always does, you'll see" Applejack spoke to the stairs. She the turned to the clock that hung above the fireplace.
"Oh my apple juice, is that the time? Me an the girls are goin bowlin tonight! I betta go an' get Twilight from the barn. Nice talkin to yas!" with that, she hurried out of the livin room before the other horses had a chance to reply. Bic Mac stated once she'd gone:
"Haha, though it was her that did most of the talkin" Big Mac and Granny Smith both chuckled to one another. Granny sniffed the aroma coming from the kitchen.
"Why, i think my pie's ready..." she said while hobbling off to the kitchen. Big Mac himself got up quietly and left the living room to get back to ploughing the fields.
At the top of the staircase, Applebloom eavesdropped on the remainder of the conversation. After Big Mac had left, she waited for a couple of minutes before sneaking downstairs and heading to the barn.