• Published 19th Feb 2012
  • 2,072 Views, 19 Comments

Fluttershy's Dark Sky - Misty Shadow



This confusing homage to grimdark fanfiction is definitely...an unexplanatory dark sky.

  • ...
11
 19
 2,072

The Truth of Fluttershy: The Message of the Lyrics

Part 4: The Truth of Fluttershy: The Message of the Lyrics

An hour later, Rarity woke up for hopefully the final time. This time, she was not in Fluttershy’s basement though. She was lying in the middle of the floor of Fluttershy’s living room, and even more shocking, she saw that there was nothing keeping her bound to the floor.

“She...didn’t even tie me up,” Rarity said in shock of her mobility. “Is this out of clemency or just confidence that I won’t try to escape?”

“Neither,” said Fluttershy who stepped out from the kitchen, “seeing as we’re this far into the ritual, there’s no real point. Besides, no mortal can resist the intensity of the thriller...known as my rap!”

Rarity looked up at Fluttershy and jolted at the sight of her. Fluttershy was dressed in a black sock hat, black pants that said “Ace” on the left leg and “Shadow” on the right leg, and a frumpy black sweatshirt that said “Dark Rainbow” on the back and “Shy Fantasy” on the front.

“Hold on a second,” said Rarity recalling seeing the terms on Fluttershy’s pants earlier, “Ace, Shadow, rap?! You’re that hip secret agent on the newspaper! You’re a killer, a rapper, and now a thief? How low can you sink?”

“Thief, what do you mean?” Fluttershy replied. “I am a former secret agent, but I never stole anything from Celestia’s boxy safety deposit box. Security in her castle is way too good.”

“Then why does it say something was stolen on the front page?” Rarity asked.

“It was just a lie,” Fluttershy explained. “Celestia really did give me the statue, she just requested that a palpable detective story be written about it in the news, because all very super famous ponies lie.”

“I don’t understand you ponies anymore,” Rarity said like a confused MC. “Anyways, how did you get out of my inescapable trap? What did you with the gun?”

“Actually, I don’t remember how I got out of that,” said Fluttershy as if she had amnesia. “All I remember was waking up and finding the ropes cut. As for that gun, it looked like a dangerous toy, so I put it in a place where it wouldn’t harm anypony. I also put away my knife and whip just in case, thanks for looking after them while I was out.”

“You meddling kid!” Rarity complained like a rapper who had just lost four of his lethal weapons. “That was MY toy that I got from MY former friend!”

“Don’t worry Rarity, I’ll give it back to you,” Fluttershy assured the insecure unicorn in a secure tone, “but in the meantime, let’s have some fun as I rap you!”

“Bring it on, you ropist!” the dignified Rarity boasted, unhappy that Fluttershy had roped her into this mess. “Aspire me with your inspirational music!”


“Let’s get started!” Fluttershy declared in an expository manner as she busted out her rap.

“All the rappers are brash and boisterous, not I
For the rapper on the mic is MC Nervous Fluttershy!
I took a walk with my blue jay, and called him Gerard Way, you don’t say
The little guy, he got a little excited that day
And he tried to fly away, but I just stay
Cause the sky’s a dangerous place for someone like me to play
So I call out yay, but he just turned away
So I just fled from there without him to my dismay!”

And all the other MCs are pretty bold and brave
But when I get on the mic, I throw that all in the fray
And I play, with my pet bunny in my secret hiding place
Then I shout “RUN AWAY!” and put my hooves on my face!”

“So uh, did you enjoy it, Rarity?” Fluttershy asked.

“Th-that’s the music of the new age?!” Rarity shouted, her face contorted in shock. “That wasn’t music! It was chaos with a karaoke machine!”

“Chaotic music is what’s considered cool these days,” Fluttershy said, describing the many wonders of her music.

“But the lyrics make no sense!” Rarity said, confounded by Fluttershy’s inappropriate rhyming. “Who would name their pet Gerard Way? Who would walk a bird to a park? Why would you write a song describing your cowardice and insecurities?!”

“I know I exaggerated the details,” Fluttershy said, aware of the historical inaccuracy of her song, “but I thought it was necessary to tell the public who I truly am in my music.”

“Wait...the public?” Rarity asked. “Oh please don’t tell me...”

“Yeah, I’m a professional MC,” the rapping pegasus who had earned great recognition from the public replied in earnest. “I compose music with Celestia’s personal band, the Dark Sky! Their name isn’t just for titular purposes, they’re an elite group of pegasi chosen by Celestia herself, the ponies who truly represent the importance of darkness and friendship!”

“So then the last ritual must be...” Rarity said, catching Fluttershy’s stygian drift.

“You guessed it,” Fluttershy said with a subtle wink, “a live concert starring the most dazzlingly dark band in all of Equestria in my own living room!”

“They’re going to come...here?” Rarity replied. “I thought Twilight barricaded the house with storm clouds.”

“They’re not going to come here, they’re already here,” said Fluttershy as knowledgeable as someone who knew too much about bees. “The Dark Sky are always present Rarity, why would Celestia hire workers who weren’t around to keep her company whenever needed?”

“Wait, if they’re as omnipresent as privacy,” Rarity argued, “then how come I can’t see them?”

“You have to use your imagination,” Fluttershy said as vivid as a tanked up turtle who had drunk too much rainbow juice. “Just close your eyes, look deep down in your mind and you’ll see fantasy become real. This is how you become one with the Dark Sky...”

“...Let’s just get this over with so I can make my decision.” Rarity replied as she acquiesced like a queen. She proceeded to shut her eyes, and started thinking about the fantastic fantasy that she had been living for the past three days, and how she may have lived her final moments in reality. She had started wanting to die just to end the suspense of this silly life and death situation. Just then, she saw a white mist rolling into the darker depths of her mind. When she opened her eyes, she saw a white mist enveloping the room.

“I guess you truly do want to die now, Rarity,” Fluttershy said as the white mist covered her too, making her as invisible as someone hiding under a cloak. “The Dark Sky loves ponies who seek death.”

Rarity was more nervous than ever. As the mist dissipated, she saw Fluttershy standing in front of the shapes of four pegasi covered by an orange and gray sheet that had basketballs and footballs all over it. There was also a white cloud hovering in the air.

“Rarity,” Fluttershy said dramatically as she turned around to pull off the sheet, “I present to you...”

“DDDDEEEERRRRPPPPYYYYY JJJJEEEENNNNKKKIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSS!!!” shouted the bubbly Derpy as she threw off the sheet like a spongy old man.

“Ah!” Fluttershy said as she jumped back in surprise.

The four pegasi who were under the sheet were the three pegasi who complimented Rarity’s wings and Derpy Hooves, having been ceremoniously revealed Derpy style.

The trio of pegasi were wearing black pants and pink heart shaped necklaces that had the word “Bro” embedded on the front side, and the word “Sis” embedded on the back. The black pegasus was wearing a blue shirt that said the word “Coherence” on the front, and the word “Chemistry” on the back. The orange pegasus was wearing a yellow shirt that said the word “Essence” on the front and the word “Eternity” on the back. The gray pegasus was wearing a white shirt that said “Verdant” on the front and “Chronology” on the back. Last of all, Derpy was wearing a gray shirt that said the words “Outstanding Man” on the front, and the words “Sympathetic Symphony” on the back. Just as Rarity finished analyzing the aspects of their clothes, a rainbow appeared out of the cloud like a lightning bolt, and Rarity gasped as imagination came to life.

“Derpy, you ruined our dramatic entrance!” shouted Rainbow Dash as she appeared under the rainbow Rainbow Dash style. “How are people supposed to guess that Rainbow Dash is the one making the surprise appearance on stage when you’re shouting your name!”

“Yeah, nice work Herpy Dupes,” said the black pegasus, “it’s thanks to you that we got fired from the weather factory.”

“I’m sorry,” Derpy apologized, “I just wanted to make our appearance more foreboding.”

“Hey,” Rarity said upon recognizing these familiar faces, “you’re the lady on Fluttershy’s restroom symbol! And Rainbow Dash, you were the man on the the boys’ bathroom symbol!”

All of the pegasi stared at her in confusion.

“What the boom are you raining about?” the sonic Dash said with a lack of guile. “I’m not a man, I’m just your everyday normal guy!”

“Hey, wait a minute,” the black pegasus said upon remembering Rarity, “you were that spoony horned butterfly from the Wonderbolts competition! Ha ha, yes!”

“What are you so excited about?” Rarity questioned.

“We can finally complete our collection!” the orange pegasus cheered as a cloud of mist appeared in his arms, and a rectangular blue case materialized out of thin air. He opened it up, and revealed that five plushies were inside, each resembling the ponies Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy respectively.

“They made toys out of us?” Rarity said feeling slightly flattered. “Why are you interested in dolls?”

“You couldn’t tell by our attire?” the black pegasus replied as he flashed his manly heart-shaped necklace. “We’ve turned brony!”
“Yeah,” the orange pegasus chimed in like a musician, “after we turned emo to represent the sorrow of the Dark Sky, we decided to take a step beyond and become bronies as well!”

“That’s right!” Rainbow Dash declared liked a radio host as she hovered in the air. “Thanks to these guys, the tetrahedral factor for our band is complete! Money, success, fame, and brony!”

“Our worship of the Goddess of Death, Prince Luna, Princess Celestia and other ponies has gotten us a huge boost in our reputation!” the black pegasus said as proud as a rapper who had just urinated in public. “It sure pays to be a poser!”

Just as Rarity was about to berate this pegasus for his polygamy, something else caught her eyes which paid annoying attention to detail. Aside from Fluttershy having completely zoned out into her own world from the shock of Derpy throwing off the sheet, Rainbow Dash was fluttering in the air without moving her wings!

“How are you doing that, Rainbow Dash?” Rarity said upon viewing the uncanny sight of Rainbow Dash in the air. “I didn’t know you could fly without using your wings...”

“Oh, these wings?” Rainbow Dash replied as she examined her back. “Oh, I don’t need them anymore. Thanks to me becoming a ghost, I was able to become the greatest flier in Equestria who became the greatest flier in Equestria without using her wings a single time! Cool, huh?”

“A...ghost?” Rarity said in a startled tone. “You mean...you’re dead?! I thought Fluttershy brought you all back to life!”

“She did,” Ghost Rainbow Dash said in a ghastly tone of voice, “but shortly after that, Pinkie Pie wanted me to make cupcakes with her at the bakery. I turned her down because I hate that game, and I wanted to practice my flying moves. So I went to Ghastly Gorge to practice when I got ripped to shreds and eaten by a Quarray Eel! Thank goodness he killed me, I could’ve been stuck in that gorge forever!”

“Stuck in that cold and unwelcoming canyon forever,” the empathetic Rarity said, “what an awful thought.”

“Not as awful as getting fired though,” the black pegasus said, having had a similar torturous experience. “We used to work at the weather factory, until just yesterday when we learned that the rainbows were actually being made from sugar instead of pony flesh. It turns out the executives of the Rainbow Department thought it would be cheaper to use sugar in their latest formula for making rainbows because pony flesh is in such high demand right now due to the recent discovery of its versatility. You can make it into clothing, food, toys, the works.”

“That’s terrible, how could they lie to you about such a crucial thing?” Rarity said, appalled at how their employers tried to sugarcoat the truth with spice. “But how did you find out?”
“Derpy here just so happened to drop a crate of supplies being shipped to the Rainbow Factory tower, and wisened up to the truth when she noticed that it was full of sugar,” the orange pegasus explained. “Her supervisor warned her that it had to remain a secret to everyone, and she told us the first chance she got. Then she went back to her supervisor and asked if she was doing a good job by telling us and making sure that everyone knew it was a secret. In response, they took us to a dark room, tore off our skin, killed us and had us brought back to life. But worst of all, those jerks fired us when they are all done, and told us that it was all a warning of what would happen if we told anyone else about their secrets.”

“At least they had the courtesy to give you a warning,” Rarity remarked on the mercy of their employers. “Learning that kind of knowledge is detrimental to the mind.”

“We wouldn’t have learned anything if it wasn’t for Derpy!” the orange pegasus objected to Derpy’s methods of education. “Being unemployed and having little skill, we became the prominent choice for the members to be hired to play in the princess’s personal band.”

“Sorry, I just didn’t know what had gone wrong.” Derpy said regretfully without using the present tense.

“Of course,” Rainbow Dash replied like an impatient bison, “now is that enough exposition? We’re going to have to rush this thing and get back to the castle ASAP if we’re going to get paid!”

“Paid?” Rarity said. “Celestia pays you? I thought money was useless in the immortal world.”

“Do you have ears?!” Rainbow Dash asserted in a deafening voice that reoriented Fluttershy. “The Dark Sky’s four goals are making money, being successful, and being famous all while being bronies! Who cares if the money is worthless, we have rules to follow around here!”

“Ah, I wasn’t sleeping, I was just relaxing and-Alright,” Fluttershy interrupted herself as she recovered from her dizziness, “let’s start the concert so we can all celebrate Rarity’s soon to be newfound immortality!”

“We’re not in it for the money though,” the black pegasus said referring to his two homeboys and the altruistic soul Derpy, “we’re just in this to accrue the revenue known as the tea parties we’ve had with the doll forms of our most honorable pony heroines. Celestia gave us the plushies Fluttershy made from the skin and fur of her other friends to have fun tea parties with as payment, and you’ll be no exception.”

“Ooh, so you’re going to play with me a bit?” the flattered Rarity said in a suggestive manner.

“I hope you like oolong...” the black pegasus replied in a charmed voice, “because that’s the type of tea we’ll be drinking there.”

“Oh,” Rarity said as disappointed as a guy who just cockblocked himself, “it’s one of those tea parties. Not exactly fitting for a civilized gentlemare like myself.”

“Oh they’ll suit you alright,” the black pegasus assured with confidence, “so keep your muppet shut until then, you insubordinate puppet.”

“There’s really no need to say anything else Rarity,” said the peace-loving Fluttershy, “you’re going to die and become immortal soon! Isn’t that going to be wonderful?”

“Uh...yeah, of course it will be!” Rarity agreed, despite having no intention of complying with Fluttershy’s plan to have her killed. She just wanted to listen to the Dark Sky’s music for the sake of ending the suspense.

“Then let’s begin!” Fluttershy shouted as a white mist rolled in and occupied itself in each of the Dark Sky member’s arms, excluding her. Once the mist had dissipated, in each pegasus’ hooves, a musical instrument appeared. In the black pegasus’ hooves appeared a harmonica, in the orange pegasus’ hooves a harp, in the gray pegaus’ hooves a violin, and in Rainbow Dash’s hooves, an air guitar accompanied by a tuba whose front end was meant to be used as a guitar pick. Derpy was the only pegasus aside from Fluttershy who received not an instrument, but a microphone. Since the clutzy Derpy was not deemed trustworthy enough to handle an instrument properly, she had been made the lead singer, a much more appropriate role.

“We’re going to play you a harmonious melody of death as a way to welcome you to your new life!” Fluttershy said happily as the pegasi got in their appropriate positions and started playing a song. “Enjoy!”

Rarity prepared herself for the worst once more as the Dark Sky started to play their theme song.

Now a grimdark tale isn’t quite as scary
As the story we knew of death and despairing
Because death is as tragic as a flower losing its petals
As long as that flower has considerable mettle

Let’s talk more about that limpid sky
It’s chills and thrills make killers go awry
For its victims are known to plead many cries
Not for rescue, not for help, but for death and demise

In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, where not a single soul gets by
In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, where everyone gets ready to die


A dark place where you meet your most powerful foes
Where victims beg for cupcakes and rainbows
They say these things as they hold out their hands
Just go there yourself, and I think you’ll understand

No death, no pain, no power of flames,
No one could imagine, no matter how insane
So prepare yourself, for this unthinkable bane
Prepare yourself, for the sky’s dark rain

In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, where not a single soul gets by
In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, where everyone gets ready to die
In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, do you have what it takes to try?
In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, will you laugh or will you sigh?

In Fluttershy’s Dark Sky, soar your spirit and prepare to fly...

Rarity’s face was once again contorted in shock and fear, like someone who had just learned they had used a time machine irresponsibly, and would pay for their mistake. The Dark Sky band’s strange choice of music and Derpy’s accurate slurring of the lyrics had conveyed an atmospheric stratosphere of horror. She couldn’t believe what she had just heard.

“How...d-did...you learn...to make music like that?!” the aghast Rarity exclaimed as she wet herself like a rapper who had constipation.

“It’s magic!” the black pegasus explained in a cogent and laconic manner. “Twilight simply used her unstoppable magic to give us amazing musical abilities! Pretty scary, don’t you think?”

“You must be really excited right now, Rarity!” proclaimed Fluttershy as she noticed Rarity’s urination. “Well you don’t have to contain yourself, because we’ve got even more songs!”

Rarity squirmed around on the floor and tried to cover her ears, but it was futile. For the next thirty minutes, the Dark Sky continued to perform heart-lifting songs about being dead, the last words of Equestria’s most famous dead celebrities, and joining marching bands. Derpy’s incredible voice which sounded just like a cross between Freddie Mercury’s, Gerard Way’s, and Justin Bieber’s, greatly emphasized the messages of the songs, as well as Fluttershy’s abrupt and unprecedented rapping between each song’s chorus. With that, Rarity now knew the music of the modern age, and also knew its traumatizing effects of horror. The mortified Rarity knew that she would not make it as a member of Twilight’s society. It was time to pull the pin on this grenade and end this bullshit once and for all.

“So what do you think, Rarity?” the ever oblivious Fluttershy asked.

In response, Rarity started to laugh maniacally as she got up on her feet.

“I think it’s all WONDERFUL!” the divine unicorn yelled, having lost her mind.

“That’s fantastic!” Fluttershy replied cheerily like a florist teacher. “Now that all the rituals are over, I’m going to assume you’re ready to die like the dignified pony you are!”

“Oh, I’m ready alright,” said the well-prepared Rarity. “Bring me the gun and all your weapons of unfathomably painful torture! Gag, bore me, even feel free to cut my gorgeous hair!”

“Wow!” the enthused Fluttershy exclaimed enthusiastically. “You must truly have conquered your fear of death, and have nothing left to lose! I guess I can trust you with that gun!”

A cloud of mist gathered in Fluttershy’s hooves and the knife and gun appeared. The other pegasi stood and watched in anticipation as the end of Fluttershy’s illicit plot unfolded. Derpy was most observant of this momentous occasion, as her Derp Vision allowed her to see the action from two different angles.

“Take good care of it,” the trusting Fluttershy said as she handed Rarity the gun. “Alright, now we can finally end this tea party, and make you an immortal!”

“Hey Fluttershy, how would you like to be immortalized as my friend?” Rarity asked in a triumphant voice as she levitated the gun with her unicorn horn.

“That would be nice,” the unsuspecting Fluttershy replied as Rarity pointed the gun at her forehead.

“You think?” Rarity said with a sinister smile. “Then welcome to my little tea party!”

Rarity punched Fluttershy in the face, and grabbed her by the neck. She then proceeded to point the gun at her head with her telekinesis while she squeezed her neck with her arms.

“Nice work, Clutter Mind!” Rarity shouted as she laughed derisively. “Now you can be just like those refugees Discord, and the representatives of friendship!”

“Hey, you can’t insult Fluttershy’s name!” the black pegasus noted Rarity’s disobedience of great justice. “It’s one thing to hit her, but making fun of her name is just downright unethical!”

“Yeah,” Ghost Rainbow Dash said as she ascended to the ceiling, “and you can’t honestly believe you have the power to “immortalize” Fluttershy with a toy. Show some modesty!”

“Whatever they said!” Derpy justified. “Let’s be smarter here!

“Shut your stupid mouths, you wise saints!” Rarity bellowed. “Unless you want to be turned to stone along with your foolish heathen of a comrade!”

“Turned to stone?” Fluttershy asked in confusion.

“That’s right!” Rarity boasted as the situation had appeared to have turned in her favor. “I’m going to use this pistol that Twilight gave me to petrify you! It immediately stones all those who have evil hearts, which you certainly are, considering all this hell you put me through!”

The room was filled with bursts of laughter.

“Nice joke, Rarity!” the orange pegasus complimented her. “Fluttershy is anything but evil!”

“Good prank there, Rarity!” Ghost Rainbow Dash commented. “You’re a little too old to be playing with toys, but you almost had me believe that you were going to harm Fluttershy with something that silly-looking!”

“No, I’m serious!” Rarity cried. “I’m going to petrify her and then myself! Just watch!”

Rarity pulled the trigger, and it fired a rainbow at the side of Fluttershy’s head. To her surprise though, the rainbow was completely dispelled upon making contact with Fluttershy.

“Alright Rarity, this joke is starting to lose its touch.” Rainbow Dash said, failing to see the irony of this situation.

“Yeah, let’s kill you and end this whole thing so we can leave and have our tea party!” the black pegasus said, growing impatient.

“You can’t be serious...” Rarity said in a serious voice. “It doesn’t affect you either?!”

“What were you trying to do, Rarity?” Fluttershy asked, unable to comprehend the situation. “I’m not evil of heart.”

“How can you not be evil?!” Rarity shouted. “You committed atrocities against me, my friends, symmetry, and worst of all, FASHION! You made a joke out of life itself!”

“But Rarity,” Fluttershy replied, “if that’s the case, then why are you so angry?”

“Huh?!” Rarity said in dejection.

“If you think life is just a joke now,” Fluttershy said with a smile, “then why aren’t you laughing? Death should mean nothing to you anymore, so why don’t we just forget about it and move on?”

Rarity stared at Fluttershy for a few seconds, and suddenly started bursting out laughing again.

“Ahahahahaha....AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” she laughed in a crazy way as she threw the gun to the side and ran to the door.

“Hey, where are you going?!” Fluttershy called out. “You can’t go outside, we’re still not done here! You have to be killed and resurrected!”

Rarity didn’t answer, but instead opened the door and called out to the clouds.

“Hello, dark sky!” she shouted. “It’s your hero, Rarity!”

Upon saying that, she ran under the cloud, which struck her with a lightning bolt. All the pegasi looked outside out of curiosity, and were shocked by the sight they were viewing.

“NNNNNNNYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Rarity cried as her body incinerated from the intense heat emanating from the lightning.

With an instantaneous death, the clouds floating around the house disappeared, and Rarity, the magnanimous hero who prevailed through Fluttershy’s and the dark sky’s torture, was gone.

Fluttershy made her way over to Rarity’s ashes, and knelt down.

“One feather...all she had to do was touch one remnant of a phoenix.” Fluttershy said as she picked up the ashes and started to cry.

“What just happened?” the black pegasus said upon having lost his chance to complete his collection of dolls.

“Is she dead?” Derpy asked.

“Of course not, Derpy,” Dash said sarcastically, having a better concept of death. “She’s just going to be a pile of ashes forever! What do you think?!”

“Poor Rarity,” Derpy said sympathetically, “I wouldn’t want to look like that for the rest of my life.”

Just then, the sound of footsteps and a loud crashing noise could be heard from the house. The group of pegasi and noticed a broken video camera lying on the floor. All of a sudden, someone appeared in the living room. It was the one who had been called Rainbow Dash! He had rainbow-colored hair, peach fuzz, and had just taken a tiara off his head, which up until now had made him and any objects his hands were touching invisible. He had used it to spy on Fluttershy and Rarity to take footage of their illicit tea party, and had also been masticating cupcakes to the whole thing. The invisible cameraman was...Spike!
“NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!” Spike yelled as he raised his hands in the air upon breaking out of the natural stun of seeing his love interest Rarity dead.

“Spike, what are you doing in Fluttershy’s house?!” asked the visiting black pegasus.

“I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I AM DOING ANYMORE!” the horrified Spike shouted as he ran outside to where Rarity’s ashes laid.

“Spike, w-what are you doing here?!” Fluttershy asked upon seeing the facial-haired baby dragon.

“C-Celestia ordered me to come here under the guise of an invisible pegasus using a magic tiara Twilight gave me that makes its bearer invisible,” the disturbed Spike said as he explained his shocking secrets. “I used it to hide in the background and take a cideo, a Celestial cinematic video tape, of Fluttershy’s fantastical bonding session with Rarity. I agreed to the assignment because I thought it would just be as simple as your average tea party, but things got really messed up! Rarity kept passing out, and I had to stay inside your basement for days eating cupcakes to avoid going hungry! I even had to use my tired claws to free Fluttershy after Rarity tied her up and shoved all that food down her throat! I had no idea that your tea parties were this elaborate and dramatic!”

“Wow, that dragon looks like another pony I know, don’t you think Rainbow Dash?” Derpy said as she noticed Spike’s resemblance to the cyan-colored pegasus standing next to her.

“Spike, you fraudulent imposter!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “You were trying to impersonate me so you could spy on me and the others while looking cool, you awesome peeping tomboy!”

“No I wasn’t, I was gathering important information for the princess to educate herself with!” Spike said attempting to refute her statement. “I’m a legitimate cideo maker, I even have a fake ID authorized by Celestia herself!”

Spike breathed a breath of magic green fire, and his identification card appeared.

“Let me see that!” Rainbow Dash demanded as she flew in to see the ID. “Oh wow, you weren’t lying, this is an authentic fake ID! It even has the “Celestia was here” seal of approval on it!”

“But why would the respectable Celestia want footage like that?” the orange pegasus finally asked, wanting to say something after spending most of his time doing sod all.

“It isn’t just an important educational adult movie for her,” Spike replied as he used his magic breath to teleport the still-intact tape from the broken video camera to his hands, “it’s important for the kids and the new generation of Equestria as well! The demonstration of how to perform these rituals is a sacred practice that was thought up by Princess Celestia herself on a sleepless and unforgettable night! This cideo will become a historical record to educate our children on the justice of this generation’s culture!”

“I know I’m her most faithful lackey right now aside from Twilight,” the puzzled Fluttershy said, “but was my mission really that important to her? To me, this whole surprise immortality ritual was just an attempt to have a fun tea party with my friend gone terribly wrong...”

“It’s gone a lot worse than terribly wrong,” the mentally scarred Spike noted. “Twilight was in on this as well, which is why she enhanced my teleportation powers so I could get inside your house with the greatest of ease and film the last disciple’s discovery of immortality. But now that Rarity’s dead for real, Twilight’s plans for the new world for the new world have been greatly jeopardized. As the child of the celestial heavens and the god of discord, she is the destined ruler of this universe, the one who would save Equestria from anguish and chaos by abolishing death. Unfortunately, she has cheated nature and the god of death herself, and now that a killed pony has passed on to the moon, she will know of what’s been going on here.”

“Wait, how has she not noticed yet?” the clueless Derpy asked. “You’d think that her sister’s disciple gaining extraordinary power and sovereign dominion over the world, and decimating and immortalizing all of Equestria’s inhabitants would be a very explanatory clue.”

“Twilight knows that the god of death is not as naive as her,” Spike explained to her in his intellect. “She knew that the god of death would suspect conspiracy in Celestia’s corrupt government if she was supporting the ponies of Equestria to decapitate and decimate each other and no one’s name was appearing on the death warrant that she carries around. So to avert feelings of suspicion, Twilight used her jurisdiction to send her on a 1,000 year vacation to the moon before she put her illicit plan of good in motion. To no surprise, the god of death agreed to go on the vacation (she didn’t find it strange when Celestia gave her a vacation like that after all). But now that Rarity’s passed on, she will show up on the moon for the god of death’s judgment, and she has no motivation to keep what happened to her down here a secret to her. When she finds out what happened, then we’ll all be at the mercy of...”

Before Spike could finish his sentence, whoever he was about to mention flew towards them on a black cloud to save him the trouble of explaining the mysterious pony’s identity in words. The one riding the cloud was The Grim Reaper, who was wearing a black robe and stomping on the cloud with her hooves to make thunder strike. When she got close enough to the ground, she jumped down from the cloud.

“What the sun hast thou done, thy motherfuckers?!” the robed pony shouted in a bout of fury as she finalized her dramatic entrance by making thunder strike all around her. It was...Luna!

A Few Enigmatic Words from the Cloud Dragon of the Mist Concerning This Chapter
For those of you have heeded the words advising you to make your progress through the dark sky, congratulations. You have proven that your justice is great, and enriched with knowledge of culture. Do not let yourself rest yet though, hero, for the most powerful advocate of the dark sky has yet to make an appearance. The true mascot of the dark sky has not been defeated, and right now, they’re stronger than ever before!
The true villain will make an appearance at the upcoming conflict, so prepare your mind and spirit! And remember...

DO NOT FLEE FROM THE GRIMNESS OF THE SKY, FOR DARKNESS WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU. NO MATTER WHAT FORM IT CHOOSES, A RAINBOW OR A CLOUD ENSHROUDING YOUR SPIRIT, FACE IT WITHOUT FEAR.