• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 355 Views, 4 Comments

Color Shift - Talguy21



A new threat has arisen, and a group of friends must survive the wrath of it. How will they fare when this evil was one of their own?

  • ...
 4
 355

Chapter 1: A Beast Unleashed

Two ponies were sitting at a cafe in Ponyville. One, a hulking black earth pony with an unkempt orange-and-blue mane, looked almost sorrowful, while the blue pegasus with green-- wait, yellow-green eyes looked like he might erupt like a volcano. Despite this, the pegasus kept an even voice when speaking,

“Look Shade, I know it was a couple weeks ago, but do you think that treatment to Dash was necessary?” His wings flared as he spoke the last half, knocking over the glass of water next to him, which crashed apart on the ground. Shade looked annoyed at this. He replied in a nonchalant tone,

“She wanted to race, so I did. Saved her dignity too. You saw that I let her win.” Shade smirked at the last part. “Blue, I fixed everything, and I saved your mare-friend’s reputation, why are you so upset?” Blue was caught off-guard by that, and his pupils shrunk down, as his eyes seemed to gain more yellow, if that was possible.

“Not. My. Mare-friend.” Blue growled. “And I'm plenty willing to forgive you, unlike some of the others. Shadow, what you did can't be helped, but I can tell you've changed.” It was Shadow's turn to look surprised, but he didn't seem to notice Blue's words. He was staring at his eyes with a confused look.

“Dude, what's going on with your eyes? They're turning all yellow.” Blue tensed at this.

“I dunno, it happens when I'm upset or angry.”

“Then you haven't forgiven me after all. Blue Lightning, you're a horrible liar.” Shade looked smug at this, while Blue's eyes lost all trace of green and were now bright yellow.

“Now shut up! I said I--”

“You said you are upset, hence the eye show.”

“I was FORGIVING YOU.”

“And you didn't mean it whatsoever.” Shadow seemed to be enjoying this, while Blue's eyes now took a turn towards orange. Blue jumped out of his chair and hovered nose-to-nose with Shade. He was glaring into the earth pony's eyes with hatred. Shadow knew Lightning couldn't harm him, but he found the shift from his cool, calculating friend a bit unnerving.

“You are heartless, you know that? You're lucky you're royalty or I'd--”

“Do what? I'm twice your size! And I could break your wings!”

“Like you almost did with Dash? No way!”

“Mare-friend.” Shadow practically whispered that. Blue's eyes now were practically on fire, and he darted back a few feet and let out a scream of rage. His eyes had settled on a red-orange tint, and now crimson electricity began dancing over Blue's form as he landed.

“Take it back.” Blue grunted.

“Well, she is! And if she isn't you're making a poor job of hiding your feelings! I was gone for thousands of years and I can tell you're crazy for her!” That did it. Blue was engulfed in a vortex of red lightning, and a boom erupted from within. It discharged at Blue's vacant seat, singeing it to a pile of ash. Blue's form looked quite different. The eyes hadn't changed for once, but his coat, once a medium blue, was now a reddish hue. His Cutie Mark was changed too, the usual teal-blue triad of thunderbolts was now red and black, and his wings seemed a tad larger.

“Uhh, Blue? You okay?” Shade's jaw had met the floor. He'd spent decades reading the books in the Canterlot Archives, and this was a new one.

“Physically? Great. Mentally? You just infuriated me worse than I've ever been and I feel opt to skin you, but I guess I can't now can I? O prince of evil? I'm leaving. Find me if you want to be civil.”
With that, Blue turned and flew off, leaving Shade Shadow looking distraught and saddened.

Does that moron actually think I'm Blue? Red Thunder chuckled to himself. If his friends are all this gullible, it'll be easy making them suffer. Oh poor Blue, he's not gonna like that part. As if I cared. His anguish will be sweet after all these years of imprisonment. Then, he'll pay, out the flank, for as long as I can keep control. Which will be forever.

Author's Note:

Do you hate this guy yet? No? Just wait.

In case you're curious as to what Blue and Red look like:

Blue

Red

And they're talking about a scene from Katdude's fanfic... which he redid. *sigh* Why me?