• Published 2nd Jul 2013
  • 8,415 Views, 110 Comments

Color Schemes - distortedtruth92



Rainbow Dash has always been complimented on her athleticism. What happens when she gets complemented for her looks, too, especially when said compliment comes from a certain purple dragon?

  • ...
15
 110
 8,415

A Plot

Rainbow Dash was lying down on her back, the grass a bit rougher than the clouds she was used to, but it was worth it to be spending the time with her special somepony. Well, special somedragon in this case. Spike lay next to Rainbow, his eyes closed contentedly. Rainbow looked around the quiet field she lay in. Everything was so peaceful, so tranquil, so…

CRASH!!!

Rainbow Dash shot up.

CRASH!!!

Rainbow Dash rolled around underneath her comforter.

CRASH!!!

Rainbow sat up quickly and looked around for the source of the disturbance. Apparently she had forgotten to turn Tanks propeller off the night before (again) and now the tortoise (I so wanted to say turtle) was crashing through the house, out of control.
Rainbow jumped up and zoomed to her pet. His eyes were wide with terror as she grabbed him. She gently stroked his head. “There, there, Tank, it’s all right. Everything is fine now, see?” She flew the tortoise over to his platform and gently set him in his pen. She removed his harness and hung it up on the rack. “Maybe that’s enough flying for today. Now, I has to go outside for a bit. Be a good boy and stay there okay.” Only waiting for half of the excruciatingly long nod, Rainbow Dash flew out of the house.

After lazily flying about for a half hour, Rainbow Dash heard a painfully familiar boyish laugh. Looking down she saw a beautiful white unicorn walking next to a moving pile of supplies. Upon closer inspection, Rainbow noticed Spike underneath the mountain of fabric. She quickly hid her rising blush and darted away. She thought she heard somepony call out from behind her, but she didn't stop. She felt a wetness on her cheek and realized she was crying. She quickly took refuge in a cloud.

Calm down, Rainbow. They were just walking together. No harm done.

I know, but everypony in town knows about Spike's crush on Rarity. How am I supposed to win him over when he has somepony like Rarity to get his attention.

Hey, Don't think like that. You're attractive, too. Now come on, You gonna lie up here and sulk all day, or are you gonna face the day and kick its flank like you always do?

Rainbow Dash smiled to herself as she wiped the last of her tears away. “Buck yeah!” She took off into the sky and landed in the town square, where all the peddlers were selling their wares.

As she alighted on the ground she waved over at the pony selling roses, who was having a chat with a teal pony with a lyre for a cutie mark.

“Hey, Roseluck, Lyra. How's it hanging?”

The two looked at her and started sniggering quietly to themselves.

“Hey,” Rainbow Dash stated, her eyes narrowing. “What's so funny?”

Roseluck pointed behind the cyan pegasus. Rainbow turned around and her jaw hit the dirt. Right in front of her, at eye level, was a flier with her face on it.

Attention:
To all stallions who have a romantic attraction to Rainbow Dash
Please meet at the library at 10 A.M.
Thank you.

Rainbow Dash looked up at the clock that over looked the square and saw that it read 10:05. Rainbow's face turned a brilliant scarlet as she started pumping her wings.

“Twilight! I am going to kill you!”


Twilight was pacing in front of a group of around twenty stallions, the whole single population of Ponyville, all save one, Big Macintosh. She eyed the stallions warily. Wow! I had no idea this many ponies were into Rainbow.

She stopped pacing and faced the group. “Now, I'm sure you guys are wondering why I brought you here.” She got a chorus of nods. “It has come to my attention that Rainbow Dash has a-”

“Twiliiiiight!” Twilight was interrupted by a scream and then the window above her being shattered by a rainbow blur.

Rainbow Dash pulled up in front of Twilight and glared at the purple unicorn, not even giving the stallions gathered a glance. “What the hay are you thinking?”

Twilight shrank back from Rainbow. “I just thought-”

“You thought what, exactly? That you would bring a bunch of stallions in here and try to find out which one I like?” She then wheeled about and stared daggers at the ponies gathered. “Go on, get out of here.” The stallions all shrank back from the cyan pegasus before turning around and bolting out the door.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath before turning around to face her friend. “Sorry, Twi. I guess I lost my temper, there.”

Twilight's eyes widened in surprise at the apology, then she lowered her head. “I'm the one who should be sorry. I knew I shouldn't be prying into your personal business but my curiosity just got the better of me.”

Rainbow smiled and wrapped her forelegs around Twilight in a loving embrace. “It's cool, Twi. Just promise me you won't do it again. I want to try to do this on my own.”

Twilight raised her head with a smile. “Of course. I won't try to meddle anymore. Are we good?”

Rainbow turned to make her exit. “Yeah, we're cool,” she threw over her shoulder.

“Rainbow, before you go can you at least tell-”

“Twilight.”

“Oh, right, sorry.”

Rainbow let out a brief snort before taking off through the broken window.

Back at her house, Rainbow Dash plopped down on her bed and tried to take solace in the fourth Daring Do book. After reading the same line for the tenth time, she slammed the book shut. “It's no use, Tank,” she said to the tortoise in its pen. I can't stop thinking about him. All I can see every where I look is purple and green, and that's something coming from me.” Tank nods slowly. “There must be something I can do.” She sat silently for around five minutes before bolting upright, launching her book across the room. “I got it, Tank.”

Author's Note:

Oh my God, it's finally here. It took ages (mostly do to a broken computer that my ex roommate broke. He got a broken nose and ribs that night) But thank you all for sticking with us through this whole time and I can promise you that the updates will happen more quickly now.
Love,
Distorted Truth

Hey guys, Critical Mass, aka The Critic, here! Firstly,

Dang. The heck did we go? Honestly, though? Life sucks. And trust me, to make up for this, we're gonna try and give you TWO chapters in ONE WEEK!!

I'd just like to take this moment and say, thanks to all you lovely people, and thanks to my co-author, who without, I would be nothing still. And with that, I leave and say, 'Until next time!'
-The Critic