• Published 29th Jun 2013
  • 771 Views, 7 Comments

2174 - Killer Croc



An old stallion confesses his love for Fluttershy

  • ...
1
 7
 771

0000000001

I

Flesh and Bones. I feel it within me, this feeling of the white rock inside grinding against the soft meat. I feel it whenever I walk around. Around the days in which I was young, I never felt them rubbing inside. As I get older into the latter part of my life, it hurts a lot more often. Every movement I make, pain sears throughout the flesh and bones. I'm breaking down, and I know I'm helpless with the inevitable. Age is something that can't be halted, only continual.

Reaching for glory, it was one of my goals in life. But as time rolls on in its eternal ring, this concept appears less important with each passing day I experience. There is a lot of regret with my actions, and the consequences are quite unforgivable. I lost many friends in my life; some weren't real or caring, but a few were honest and helpful to me. I almost ache with woe in heart about the thought of my true friends lost.

Enchanted moments from a time long gone are things I will never forget. They outweighed the terrible regrets, and it's something good to ponder. My last enchanted moment I've been through was with a yellow pegasus. I never forgot who she was, even when my condition prevented me from seeing her. Memories were lost, only a specific few remain. This pegasus was a very enchanting mare I was fortunate to remember. Eyes wear out eventually, but her voice produces a clear image in my head. She spoke with the most soothing tone, assuring me that everything will be alright. I never doubted her on making me feel okay with my life as it is. Mistakes were made, and I had to move on from them.

I believed I was found wandering aimlessly, the memory was quite vague and unrecognizable to me. A few ponies saw me, and I was brought along with them, to a place new to me. AS my sight went away, I felt the other senses growing stronger as time went on. I recalled having come from a small borough from a distant place, Trottingham was the name. The hospitality was nice, they had a nice place for me to live. It wasn't until a month late that I would meet her.

She was shy, something that I knew without a doubt. This pegasus reminded me of a now deceased friend, one could never forget something like that. The similarity was eerie. I was too late to confess my love before her death, but in some way, life was able to bring me to another pony. However, I've grown old over the years, and it's taken a massive toll on me. Every day she would come by to take care, and I would talk to her. She would return a conversation, it comforted me. The pegasus told me about her friends. The problem was forgetting their names within almost a day.

Her name stayed with me, Fluttershy. With every visit, I felt more comfortable to welcome my near future. The name rang with an eccentric tranquility, much like a soft music note humming at the end of a magnificent opus. She reminded me so much of my friend. Tragedy, pretty much the word that describe my feelings for both of those ponies.

Blood splattered from the heart, on the walls of the inside. This happened long ago, and now it would occur once again. I never told this pegasus, I never told Fluttershy about the feelings that crushed me everyday. The afternoons were spent unfocused, incoherent noise hammered away with a rhythmic pulse. The beat was solemn and disturbing. I would nearly cry if not for the peace of drifting into slumber. But that was only temporary.