• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 3,822 Views, 7 Comments

Virtues of Harmony: A Canterlot Wedding - SFF



In the world of Virtues of Harmony, the Royal Wedding happened differently than in the main world...

  • ...
1
 7
 3,822

Part 3

"Luna?" Celestia flew up to her sister's watchtower, where the Princess of the Night was standing by her telescope.

"Ah, sister." The younger princess said, "How fare thee?"

"Uh...well enough, all things considered." Celestia tilted her head, "I thought you stopped speaking in the Old Language after your body caught up with the modern era?"

"!" Luna sweatdrops, "O-Of course! Forgive me sister, sometimes old habits spring forth. You know how it is."

Celestia smirked. This was indeed not the first time her younger sister had slipped back into the Old Langauge, "Well, in any case, have you seen Twilight?" She asks with a frown, "She said she was going to apologize to Cadance last night, but Spike tells me she never returned to their room."

Luna shakes her head, "I'm afraid I have not, sister. Not since she fled the coronaton hall last night. Dreadful business that, by the way."

"Indeed..." Celestia nods gravely, "I fully intend to have words with Sir Shining Armor over his behavior last night, but first I need to make sure Twilight is alright. Continue your lookout, and inform me immediately if anything occurs."

"Of course, dear sister." Luna says as Celestia flies off. As she goes, "Luna" gives a dark smirk as her eyes flash green, "Heh...this will be easier than I thought."
*****

Luna glared darkly at the image, seeing her imposter posing as her. She struggled against her chains, "You will not get away with this!!"

Lilith just gave a dark grin, "Oh? I already have, Luna. In only a few short hours, your precious Equestria will be under our command, and all its love shall be ours!" She glared at the struggling moon princess, "Tell me Luna...does it hurt you? Does it hurt knowing that your life is crumbling around you, and nopony can save you?" The Changeling Princess leaned in real close to Luna's face as she snarled darkly, "That...is the exact same feeling my mother felt when your father LEFT HER TO DIE!"

"!!" This caught Luna offguard. King Eclipse, leaving another to their deaths? Unthinkable! "You...You're wrong! My Father would NEVER do such a thing!"

Lilith spat at the ground before leering, "Hmph. Figures he would not tell you. Heaven forbid the Royal Family's name be tarnished." She grins, "Of course...you already did a fine job of that already, didn't you?"

"H...How dare you...?" Luna says lowly, her mind filling with memories of her past crimes, of Nightmare Moon, "How..." Lunar light suddenly began to form around her before her eyes snapped open, pure white, "DARE YOU?!!" With a shout, Luna tore herself from her chains and lunged at Lilith.
******

"I am sorry Miss Dash, we have not seen Lady Sparkle since the...incident." The guard pony said with a frown.

"Dammit...well, thanks anyway. Just keep an eye out." Dash said before turning and returning to her friends with a frown as Fluttershy comes up.

"She's not in the east wing." The yellow pegasus says with worry, "Ohhh...I'm so worried. What if she ran away?"

"Come on now, Twi wouldn't do that." Applejack said with a reassuring smile, "Yeah, her brother was pretty angry last night, but she saw how supportive the rest of us were. She wouldn't just leave us like this."

"I don't know..." Rarity frowned, "You heard how she would speak of Sir Shining Armor. She practically idolized him. And seeing him turn on her like that must have been...awful..."

Dash growls, "If you ask me, that bastard doesn't deserve to be called 'Sir'!"

"Cool it, Rainbow." Applejack retorts, "Look, I'll admit Sir Shining Armor could've handled it better, MUCH better, but Twilight was WAY outta line."

"Still, its TWILIGHT." Dash said, "She wouldn't make big accusations like that without a reason. She must have found something out about Cadance, or about this wedding, and we need to find out what!"

"Rainbow Dash is correct." A voice says. The ponies turn as Celestia approaches, "And the only way for us to discover Twilight's findings is to find her ourselves."

"But...what about Cadance and Shining Armor?" Pinkie asks

"...Sir Shining Armor is resting in his quarters due to stress and fatigue, and Cadance has insisted that nopony disturb her until the wedding. Therefore, it falls on us." Celestia nods, "I want the entire palace grounds searched. If something HAS happened to Twilight, we must find her before something horrible happens to her!"
*****

Down in the Canterlot Mines, Twilight was struggling to pick her jaw off the floor after hearing what Cadance, the real Cadance, had to say, "Ch...Changelings...?"

Cadance nodded, "They are insectoid, pony-like creatures that feast on love like you or I would eat plants. Two months ago their Queen, Chrysalis, had me abducted and placed in this room." She frowned, "And judging by what you've told me, I now know why. She has impersonated me and seeks to marry Shiney in my steed!"

"But...But why would she do that?" Twilight asked before looking at the lavish furniture, "And if you're supposed to be her prisoner, why would she put you in such a...admittedly pretty place?"

"I don't KNOW!" Cadance says, choking back a sob, "This is all so confusing! Chrysalis seeks to steal my betrothed, and yet she has treated me less like a prisoner and more of a guest! And when I looked into her eyes, I saw no malice, only regret and loss!"

"Regret...and loss..." Twilight muses, recalling how Chrysalis had told her she was doing all this for "survival". This made her uneasy. Was Chrysalis truly a malicious entity, or was there more to this story?

However, regardless of that, Twilight was sure of one thing. The Changelings were planning to usurp the Royal Wedding for their own purposes, and for that, they had to be stopped.

"...Cadance." Twilight finally says, "Does this mineshaft connect to the surface?"

"Well...yes..." Cadance said glumly, "But the only path that leads there is beyond the cell door, and its been enchanted to withstand my magic!"

Twilight turned to the barred door cutting off their room from the rest of the mine, "...Well, can it withstand the Element of Magic?" She asks before her horn glows, and she fired a massive blast of magical power. Sure enough, the door is disentegrated.

"B...By the Creators..." Cadance breathed as Twilight, panting some, turned to her with a small smile.

"Come on. We have a wedding to save."

To be continued...