• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 3,821 Views, 7 Comments

Virtues of Harmony: A Canterlot Wedding - SFF



In the world of Virtues of Harmony, the Royal Wedding happened differently than in the main world...

  • ...
1
 7
 3,821

Part 2

"What seems to be the trouble?" "Cadance" asked as she approached her and Shining Armor's room. Two guard ponies were outside the door, looking worried.

"Ah, Princess." One guard says as they turn to her, "Its about the Captain. Ever since the...incident last night, he has refused to leave his quarters. He seems to be...arguing with himself. Its quite...unsettling."

"Cadance" nodding, hiding her knowledge of this. She should have expected that Shining Armor's love for his sister would be trying to fight back against her spell, which had made him say such horrible things to Twilight, "...I will speak to him."

****

In his quarters, Shining Armor clenched his teeth as he fidgeted tensely, "Have to...find her..." He moaned, "Have to...apologize...NO!!" He suddenly blurts, sitting up as his eyes changed from their natural color to green, "She deserved it! She deserved every BIT of it! Her actions have SHAMED the Sparkle name!" His eyes changed back to blue, "B-But...she is my little sister, best friend forever...I didn't even give her a chance to explain...AND WHY SHOULD I HAVE?!" He roared as his eyes turned green, "I TRUSTED her! And...And I still do...but..."

His eyes fluctuated between blue and green as "Cadance" slowly entered, "Shiney..."

Shining Armor turned to her, "C-Cadance..." He sighed deeply as he slumped into his chair, "I...I am so confused..."

"Cadance" nodded as she nuzzled him, "I understand. You are mad at Twilight for what she did...but you are mad at yourself for treating her so harshly."

Shining Armor nodded gravely, "...Where is she? I...I need to..."

"Cadance" put a hoof to his mouth, "I spoke with her after everypony left last night. She was devastated by what she had done, and insisted on not attending the wedding."

"GOOD!" Shining Armor blurted as his eyes turned green, then back to blue, "N-NO! That's not good! I mean..."

"Shh..." "Cadance" helped him into his bed, "You are just tired and stressed, my love. Rest now. I will wake you when it is time for the wedding."

"Y-Yes...rest...I need rest..." Shining Armor murmured almost trance-like as he turned on his side.

"Cadance" frowned as she watched him sleep. He truly did care for his sister, and what he said to her last night was tearing him up. Indeed...she herself was ashamed of making him say such things. She looked down, sighing. She took no pleasure in it, but she HAD to do it.

The survival of her people depended on the plan succeeding.

*****

"What IS this place?" Twilight wondered aloud as she made her way through the cave, the walls littered with crystals. As she walked, her mind was racing. Was she right about Cadance all along? If so, why did she seem so...regretful?

"Twilight Sparkle." A voice said, snapping her back to attention. All around her, the crystals began to show the face of...

"Cadance!" Twilight cries, feeling a mixture of anger and confusion, "Tell me what is going on! WHY are you doing this?! Where am I?!"

"You are in the ancient crystal mines underneath Canterlot. Very few ponies outside the Royal Family know if its existence. It is the perfect place for you to remain." "Cadance" frowns, "Twilight...do not misunderstand me. I do not intend for this place to be your tomb, but I cannot allow you to obstruct my plans. After Equestria is under my command, I will allow you and your guest to leave."

"Wait...guest?" Twilight blinks as "Cadance" nods

"I believe you know her well. There are enough supplies for you two to last long enough for me to find you. "

"W-Wait! Cadance, I don't understand! Why are you trying to take over Equestria?!"

"Cadance" gave a frown as she closed her eyes, "...The same reason I have done anything these last several centuries. For survival."

"Survival...? W-Wait!" But the image of "Cadance" was gone, leaving Twilight alone again.

At least, until she heard the sound of moving stone up ahead, "Ehh...?" Twilight blinked, cautiously approaching as she used her horn as a lantern. As she approached, she found herself in a new room. It had furniture, food, drink, all the assortments needed for living, but Twilight knew in her heart that this was meant to be a prison cell. A "gilded cage", if you will.

However, the biggest surprise was yet to come. On the bed, softly sobbing, her head in her hooves, was none other than...

"C-Cadance?!" Twilight's eyes widened in shock as she looked. The pink Alicorn gave a small gasp of surprise as she turned. There was no mistaking it. This WAS Princess Cadance, and her eyes were their natural pink, not the green of the "Cadance" Twilight had interacted with the past week.

"T...Twilight Sparkle...?"
*****

Princess Luna was troubled. The previous night, she had seen Shining Armor, her sister, and Twilight Sparkle's five friends exit the coronation hall...but not Twilight herself. Now, the next day, she eyed the hall entrance from her tower, still no sign of Twilight. Luna frowned; Something was wrong. She decided to investigate, extending her wings and preparing to fly down to the coronation hall....

That is, until she was suddenly tackled into her chambers.

"AGH! W-What-?!" Luna cried as she immediately spinned back to her feet, looking up at her attacker.

"Don't bother trying to sound the alarm." The woman said with a dark smirk, "My magic has ensured that nopony will interrupt us."

The woman seemed like a pony, but...she was not. Her skin was pitch black, and there were holes all over her body and legs. Her horn was crooked, and on her back were two tattered, insectoid wings. Her mane and tail were both a light green.

"You...You're a Changeling!" Luna cried as the woman nodded.

"You're not as dumb as you look, 'Princess'. My name is Lilith, Princess of the Changelings." Her smirk contorted into a snarl.

"And I will NOT allow you to interfere in my mother's plans."

To be continued...

Author's Note:

In this chapter, I wanted to further clarify some things about Shining Armor's enchantment. Also, the first appearence of Changeling Princess Lilith. She'll play a part in the Virtues of Harmony story, but that's a ways off, so I figured I'd introduce her in this prequel, while also explaining why, in the VoH universe, Luna was absent during the invasion.